SM RU First RU Team

I made an RU team for a tournament and I was wondering how I did on making it. It’s built around Bronzong, and is a balanced team (or at least I tried to make it balanced.) I’m still new to competitive Pokémon so it won’t be amazing. Here it is:

Bronzong
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV Spread: +252 HP +252 SpD
Nature: Sassy
Moves: Gyro Ball, Toxic, Stealth Rock, Protect

My lead, Bronzong is supposed to set up stealth rocks and badly poison the foe with toxic. Protect is there to stall, and gyro ball is for dealing extra damage. Leftovers is obviously there to give sustainability. Haven’t gotten much use out of it due to my poor predicting skills.

Noivern
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EV Spread: +252 Spe +252 SpA
Nature: Timid
Moves: Taunt, Roost, Boomburst, flamethrower

My main attacker. Boomburst and flamethrower are for attacking, and taunt is for any walls or tanks that it might have to deal with. Roost is just for healing.

Milotic
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EV Spread: +252 HP +252 Def
Nature: Bold
Moves: scald, recover, refresh, haze

This Milotic is for any set up sweepers that I might have to deal with. Haze is to remove stat changes, and scald’s there to get a potential burn. Refresh and recover are for stalling.

Arcanine
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EV Spread: +252 Atk +252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Flare blitz, wild charge, extreme speed, morning sun

Yet another attacker. This one relies on priority and recoil moves for the best results. Morning sun is simply there for when Arcanine loses a lot of health.

Tsareena
Item: Meadow Plate
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EV Spread: +252 Atk +252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Rapid spin, Power whip, knock off, synthesis

My rapid spinner. Knock off helps with tricky foes, power whip is for hard offense, and synthesis is for when Tsareena’s health gets low.

Meloetta
Item: Assualt vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EV Spread: +252 SpA +252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moves: Psychic, focus blast, shadow ball, dazzling gleam

The most useful member on the team. Meloetta can take a few hits, and fight back even harder. Assualt vest is just there to give some extra bulk.

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Hey man! First of all just wanted to say that you got a pretty cool team here. That being said, there are always ways for improvements.

When I first look at your team, the thing that comes to mind is role compaction. The first thing is using tsareena as a rapid spinner. Right after I noticed that, I took a quick look back and then immediately realized that you also don't have a z move or a mega pokemon. Accordingly, I think there can be some adjustments made so you can fit those both on a team as they are SUPER beneficial.

For that reason, the very first edit I believe you should make is having Mega Blastoise > Tsareena. The reasoning for this is pretty straight forward - stoise packs a much harder punch than tsareena does with its huge movepool. You can even leave its set empty for now so we can adjust it to fit the team properly.

The second edit we can make is arcanine holding the electrium z. Right now, your best way of dealing with opposing milotics is by toxicing it with the zong and hoping that it doesn't cary refresh since we dropped tsareena. If arcanine is holding the electrium z, then you will be able to not have to guess as to if your opponent will stay in or go hard into a bulky water type such as an opposing stoise or a milotic.

Some specific set adjustments u might wanna make prolly can stem from ur bronzong. With only a few mons on ur team with 300+ speed, your best bet is to try to create a more versatile defense so when huge wallbreakers come along, you just dont instalose. This is specifically in the case of banded tyrantrum. That mon wreaks havoc on your team because of the lack of your ability to switch into. For that reason, I would suggest that you change ur zong into a slightly most physical variant. Even if it means changing something small, making ur zong into a bold nature will help you answer tyrantrums. The next thing that seems like a problem is toxicroak. The mon comes in on milotic and you have no way of punishing it through switch in. Especially when rocks are up, an arcanine cant intimidate a toxicroak and expect to come out healthy. For that reason, I think running psychic > gyro ball would be a good idea. Normally running psywave or gyro ball as a filler is decent enough, but I dont feel comfortable leaving ur team that open to dealing with toxicroak.

The next set that I wanted to change was the meloetta set. Although you do seem to be fond of your meloetta, you need to also take into consideration what type of team you are using - balanced offense. Your goal is to soak up hits, pivot around and then dent the opponent before they are able to finish you off. Now the best way of using meloetta in that format is to change that set. I don't believe that using meloetta like that is a great idea. If I were you, i would change that meloetta into a true AV user while running knock off and uturn to help the style of the BO. Knock off helps reduce passive recovery on common switch into meloetta such as registeel and bronzong. Uturn helps you get a slow switch in so you can safely bring in threats to opposing teams such as blastoise arcanine or noivern. The set I posted is very rough. Feel free to edit it to your liking.

Here is the team below! Feel free to ask any questions and good luck :]
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Recover
- Haze

Arcanine @ Electrium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Morning Sun
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)