ORAS Ubers First Ubers Team: U-Turn Deo-A BO

Hey Guys, this is my first Ubers Team. It´s built around Scarf Genesect and Deo-A.
I think it´s a cool Core: with Genesct lure in defensiv Threats such as PDon or Waterceus and kill these with Deoxys.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Explosion

My first Mon in my Team, Scarf Genesect. This is my U-Turner for Deo-A and the Speed Control for this Team. The Check for stuff like Xern, Ray, YTwo and Deo-A.
Iron Head is my STAB Move for Fairys, Ice Beam for Ray, Mence, Yveltal and UTurn for Momentum.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Knock Off

The next Mon in my Team is the fragil Powerhouse, Deoxys-Attack. This is my Wallbreaker and Revenge Killer. Psycho Boost is the very powerful STAB and strongest Move from Deoxys. ESpeed for Prio and Superpower for Dialga and Darkrai. Knock Off, because it´s a Top 3 Move (lol)

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume

The next is the King of Gen 6 Ubers, Primal Groudon. This is my Rock Setter and primary Xern Check.
PBlades is my STAB Move of Choice, because it´s very powerful. Roar for Setupper such as Xern and Mence. Lava Plume is my secondry STAB Move, because it´s makes good Dmg and the Burn Chance is very helpful.

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Toxic

The fourth Mon is Yveltal. This is my Ekiller Check. Foul Play for strong physical Attacker, Sucker is my Prio Move, Roost obviously for Recovery and Toxic to crippling defensiv Mon such as PDon or Waterceus.
And Charti Berry is for Stone Edge EKiller.

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog
- Ice Beam

The next Member in the Team is Arceus Water. This is my Defogger and PDon, Ho-Oh and M Kanga Check. Toxic because it´s a spammable Move in this Tier and Ice Beam for Dragons such as Ray and Mence.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

The last Mon is Klefki. This is my secondry Xern Check. Also a good answer for Mence, Deo-A and non Fire Blast Mewtwo.
Dazzling Gleam is used with 96 SpA EVs, in order to have a 78.5% chance to knock out Mega Sableye in two hits from full HP. TWave for Setupper and other fast Attackers. Spikes are my secondary Hazards to worn down the opposings Team.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello I'm here to give you a rate.

The overall structure of this build is okay, but I can't really recommend Genesect as a Pokemon for players to use. The reason being that it's not a very effective Pokemon due to the fact that teams readily fit Steel- and Bug-type resistances. This is coupled with the fact that scarfers lost a lot of their utility in their Speed advantage since the tier shifted towards being bulkier and handling residual damage (Defog, built-in status immunities) better. If you're looking for a Scarf Pokemon to pivot into Deoxys-A with Landorus-T is generally a much better choice due to its Ground immunity, Intimidate, and better STAB typing. When it comes to soft checking Pokemon and forcing things out Landorus-T does more things and does them better. A moveset of Sleep Talk, U-Turn, Stone Edge, and Earthquake provides just about everything Landorus-T needs for this team, Sleep Talk being so that you can absorb Dark Void if necessary.

I don't think defensive Yveltal is a very good fit for this team either and that an alternate partner would be able to provide better utility. A Giratina-O here fits as it retains a second Ground immunity, SD Arceus check, and priority for fast Psychics while it is also able to get Defog off of Arceus-Water. Klefki, Scarf Lando, and Deoxys-A sufficiently cover Giratina-O's weakness to Darkrai. A moveset of Defog, Shadow Sneak, Dragon Tail, and Shadow Force accomplishes these roles.

As previously mentioned, Defog can now be removed from Arceus-Water so that it can run Judgment. With this addition and replacing Genesect with Landorus-T, this team is a bit better off against Ho-Oh. Arceus-Water can go up to 168 Speed EVs if you ever find CB Rayquaza and Jolly Ho-Oh a problem for this team. The P Don spread you use is a bit outdated, but if you need the extra physical bulk it's justifiable.

Summary:
- Run this Landorus-T over Genesect
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Run this Giratina-O over Yveltal
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force
- Run Judgment > Defog on Arceus-Water
- Consider running 168 Speed EVs on Arceus-Water
- Consider updating your defensive P Don EV spread

Hello I'm here to give you a rate.

The overall structure of this build is okay, but I can't really recommend Genesect as a Pokemon for players to use. The reason being that it's not a very effective Pokemon due to the fact that teams readily fit Steel- and Bug-type resistances. This is coupled with the fact that scarfers lost a lot of their utility in their Speed advantage since the tier shifted towards being bulkier and handling residual damage (Defog, built-in status immunities) better. If you're looking for a Scarf Pokemon to pivot into Deoxys-A with Landorus-T is generally a much better choice due to its Ground immunity, Intimidate, and better STAB typing. When it comes to soft checking Pokemon and forcing things out Landorus-T does more things and does them better. A moveset of Sleep Talk, U-Turn, Stone Edge, and Earthquake provides just about everything Landorus-T needs for this team, Sleep Talk being so that you can absorb Dark Void if necessary.

I don't think defensive Yveltal is a very good fit for this team either and that an alternate partner would be able to provide better utility. A Giratina-O here fits as it retains a second Ground immunity, SD Arceus check, and priority for fast Psychics while it is also able to get Defog off of Arceus-Water. Klefki, Scarf Lando, and Deoxys-A sufficiently cover Giratina-O's weakness to Darkrai. A moveset of Defog, Shadow Sneak, Dragon Tail, and Shadow Force accomplishes these roles.

As previously mentioned, Defog can now be removed from Arceus-Water so that it can run Judgment. With this addition and replacing Genesect with Landorus-T, this team is a bit better off against Ho-Oh. Arceus-Water can go up to 168 Speed EVs if you ever find CB Rayquaza and Jolly Ho-Oh a problem for this team. The P Don spread you use is a bit outdated, but if you need the extra physical bulk it's justifiable.

Summary:
- Run this Landorus-T over Genesect
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Run this Giratina-O over Yveltal
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force
- Run Judgment > Defog on Arceus-Water
- Consider running 168 Speed EVs on Arceus-Water
- Consider updating your defensive P Don EV spread

Thanks for your valuation :]

Which PDon EV Spread is in your opinion good for this team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)