ORAS Doubles OU Freddie Mercury (ft. Alladin) - Scream'n Sounds

~~~~~~~~~~
A SUSPECT'S PROWESS AT ITS PRIME

(ft. Majore D' Mawile)

Hello again, Smogon Community! Like always, I'm Majore, bringing you my teams and all the wide array of ideas that I come up in Pokemon. You may know me as a Doubles OU player, a casual PS dude and, in very occasional cases, an annoying guy both in the Smog Forums and PS. However, let's not talk about how annoying I am or what I do in PS/Doubles. Let's talk about the current team I made. This time, we'll make it a bit different from last time, by putting up a very interesting apprentice. This time, we'll be dedicating this RMT to one of the most dominant, aggressive and game-changing Pokemon in Generation 6, Mega Salamence!

Yes, it's all about Mega Salamence this time, because it gets re-suspected in Doubles OU! It's really such an interesting Pokemon to debate its banning about. It's a really strong powerhouse that can pack multiple punches and is very bulky in nature. In Singles OU, this thing was the first thing that got banned due to these reasons. Now in DOU, would it also deserve to get banned again? Well, that's much like a very debatable topic for this time at the Doubles OU community. In some ways it deserves a ban, because of the combination of great speed tier, physical bulk, strong attacking stats and great amount of coverage moves. In that case, yeah it may deserve to remain banned from the tier. However, there's one thing that may likely be its down factor: "It's OHKO'd by an Ice Beam." Yeah that's true. Even HP Ice can OHKO/2HKO it depending on who uses it. Also, if you want to find my original post on this, click right here.

This team was the one team of my craft that solidified my suspect experience. Peaking at #8 (as of June 4, 2015 at the time 4:38 PM KSA/GMT +3), this team has gone through a lot experience overall as a whole, and has ever since not disappointed my suspect process at all. It is also a really easy team to use, and while the DOU suspect test is still up, why not give this thing a shot for you own use?

And to officially commence, let's introduce to you this RMT:
SCREAM'N SOUNDS!

TEAM
BUILDING FRAMEWORK

Instead of introducing a teambuilding process, I decided to look at the actual framework that my team has gone through before it becomes what it is today. So for most of the people who've faced me in the current suspect ladder, the current state of my team isn't what it looks like today. Back in the earlier part of the suspect test, where the highest ladder rating was around the 1200's, my idea was far different that it is today.

My sole objective was to spam Hyper Voice not with the help of offensive pressure but support moves such as Helping Hand, Feint, etc. Also, my Fairy-Dragon-Steel core was way different. No Jirachi, but a Scarf user in Genesect. Also, Reflect Cresselia was there to help problems such as Mega Mence and a lot more. Now, my team purely struggled in a lot of aspects, such as finding the perfect Bisharp and Heatran defeaters, because Hitmontop sucks so bad without the Fire and Steel resists, but it's got better utility. Also, I felt like the need of a Scarf user seemed redundant, because I'd hate to really lock myself to 1 move with the opponent's chance to trap me in certain situations.

So I had to start from scratch again. Literally, all EV Spreads, all sets, everything. Now, I have modified my Mega Mence's set to something enough to take on Amoonguss 1v1 with Frustration, and Choice Specs Sylveon instead of CM + Protect + 2 Attacks, because even if it can bluff, it can't dish out a good chunk of damage, and it's set-up without Follow Me/Rage Powder. And yeah I didn't like the idea of Calm Mind Sylveon. Next, Jirachi for obvious reasons. Since now I have to find a good counter to Bisharp and Heatran (my team looking weak to them), I got Keldeo, which also provided important protection from priority moves. I kept Weavile, and finally, Thundurus. Last slot was quite confusing to think of, but Thundurus helps a lot for last slot because I need to slow down faster threats for my Vocal Spammers to spam free Hyper Voices. Also, TR preventer, which TR can really be bad.

TE
AM ANALYSIS

Freddie Mercury (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Frustration
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Protect

When I was still under the process of looking for a team to create, I wanted to innovate something that has never been used before, or at least, not really used a lot, because I battled 2 people with Hyper Voice Mega Mence (one with a unique team and the other one who got my team). But anyway, let's get into it.

Not a lot of people notice how Mega Mence is also able to use its special attacking powers to boast some really niche moves. It also can have a powerful Draco Meteor or tons of coverage such as Hydro Pump and Fire Blast (like the one here). However, the majority of the crowd still prefer the physical attacking set, which for one real reason, should be the better thing (145 Atk > 120 SpA BST's). However, it's got its very own misdemeanors. Special sets cannot run any particular special attack boost move, not like physical sets that can run Dragon Dance. On the other hand, it's got a spread move that's STAB in mega (Hyper Voice), which can make it a great powerhouse dealing damage to Pokemon that do not resist it.

Enough talking of its general attributes. Obviously, I chose Mega Mence for a mixed role. Hyper Voice is undoubtedly powerful against a good amount of threats in the tier, including Keldeo and Amoonguss (and by the way, Hyper Voice ignores all redirection moves so bye-bye Amoong). Frustration allows Mence to run a mixed set. Also, Frustration is a great bluff move if you want someone to predict you. Also, it can 3HKO Bulky Support Cresselia (basis from SmogDex analysis), and securely OHKO Amoonguss for bluffing. Fire Blast is coverage to Steel types, including Jirachi which can use Follow Me so bad, that is not Heatran. Finally, Protect duh. The EV Spread, like mentioned earlier, can securely OHKO Amoonguss and 3HKO Cresselia, while being able to dish out the most damage with Hyper Voice and Fire Blast, and full speed helps outspeed up to base 100 Pokemon.

Mariah Carey (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 52 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

One thing that I have currently been loving is the power of Sylveon, simply because it's not easy to switch in to, and that with Specs, it hits at its hardest, especially for threats you need to get rid of. Through Sylveon, I can have a wide variety of early match-ups with this thing. Though I don't really use it much as a win condition, it can greatly damage a big portion of the metagame. This includes opposing Mega Salamence, which the tier currently needs to cope to right now.

Other than that, there's not really a lot to say about Sylveon. STAB Hyper Voice is the main deal, which does heavy chunks of damage on opposing Pokemon. While it doesn't really need to have other moves other than Hyper Voice, coverage moves (or clutch moves, like I'd call it) are still a necessity for Sylveon. Shadow Ball and Psyshock offer Fairy resists such as Steel (Aegislash) and Poison (e.g. Amoonguss) important damage in particular situations, which can help Sylveon thrive against a good amount of Fairy threats. Of course, Hidden Power [Ground] is for Heatran, which is the only thing that takes the least damage from Sylveon's Hyper Voice (unless someone's using SpDefensive Aegislash, which sucks and is rare).

The EV spread is the standard Sylveon spread for Doubles, with a few but either redundant/important niches. I use the extra 4 EV points in Speed to outspeed other Choice Specs Sylveon, because opposing Fairies are really threatening to the team, with the lack of really good switch-ins aside from Jirachi.

Set Substitutions: [Regular SmogDex EV Spread > My Sylveon Spread]

Alladin (Jirachi) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Jirachi performs great amounts of important roles in the team. With its incredible synergy within the first 2 Pokemon, the team forms a Fairy-Dragon-Steel core. However, unlike my first version, Genesect fulfilled slot 3 because I feel the need of a fast Pokemon that can provide momentum. Although my hopes worked out, it usually provided me with too much momentum with little to no "walls" to use for my response (get it?). I mean, even U-turn sometimes discourages my team because I only have 1 wall capable of responding to my Genesect's U-turn, which is Cresselia. While Hitmontop could also act as one, it lacked general amounts of bulk to cope along with the Mence metagame.

After such a short-lived period, Jirachi is now my "genie-in-a-bottle".

Jirachi and Mega Salamence pair up very well thanks to its move, Follow Me. It's such a good move for a support Pokemon like Jirachi, that it gives free turns for Mega Salamence to dish out attacks or set-up across the field, unless you're facing spread moves such as Bilzzard and Rock Slide. Iron Head prevents you from being shut down by Taunt, especially from Thundurus which became more popular now. While this is more of a situation based move than an actual ready for use move, Stealth Rock ensures you that you can do a straight OHKO to opposing Pokemon later on during the process of Vocal Spam. This includes Breloom and Weavile, both of which are very annoying to take out with the incorrect combo thanks to Focus Sash. Finally, Protect, duh. The EV Spread is just standard SmogDex influence.

Set Substitutions: [Icy Wind > Stealth Rock] [Sitrus Berry > Safety Goggles, and in conjunction with this, Magic Coat > Stealth Rock]

Al Capone (Weavile) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

If there is one favorite Pokemon in my team outside of Mega Salamence, that'd be Weavile. It's simply because it's fast and that it's got one of the most important jobs in the team: stop Mence + Rachi duo. Yeah, really. Weavile easily manhandles the core very well, provided you do not put yourself to crucial situations. Also, it's the fastest Fake Out lead, which can Fake Out first even faster Fake Out users such as Raichu (unorthodox) and Mega Kangaskhan.

In my team, Weavile perfectly leads with every Pokemon, due to the purpose of a fast Fake Out, putting your opponents to the element of prediction. Also, it has the pure firepower as it remains as a Fake Out utilizer. Fake Out is mentioned earlier, so not a lot more to say. Icicle Crash does strong amounts of damage to Flying types that include Mega Salamence, Thundurus and Landorus-T, all of which hate Ice. Knock Off is obviously for Jirachi, duh. And finally, Low Kick. Mini coverage for Heatran is important aside from relying on Keldeo because the first 3 Pokemon are weak to both Heatran and Bisharp.

Speaking of leads, Weavile can lead with absolutely any Pokemon of your choice, depending on which will make you most comfortable with a particular match-up. Offensive Pokemon such as Mega Salamence, Sylveon and Keldeo perfectly pair up in highly offensive match-ups. On the other hand, Jirachi (to lay Stealth Rock) and Thundurus pair up with Weavile as more tactical and defensive leads.

Jesse James (Keldeo) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Quick Guard
- Secret Sword
- Protect

With 2/3 of the team weak to Heatran and Bisharp in their own ways, there needs to be something that can address the 2 Pokemon. Keldeo comes in the team like a wild bandit, that's why it's named as Jesse James, one of the most notorious wild west criminals. Enough history talk, and let's go to the actual business.

So Keldeo can help you with important match-ups against some of the most well thriving Pokemon in the metagame. Heatran gets totally forced out, as well as Bisharp because Keldeo can resist all their moves (or their STAB at least for Heatran's part). Also, Quick Guard avoids Prankster from rolling your team because Prankster is such a magician's move. Packing 2 STABs with it, Hydro Pump is the main Heatran roller, because Heatran can really mess up this team. Secret Sword goes through both Heatran and Bisharp, because they both hate bandits like Jesse James who try to steal their show. Finally, Protect, duh.

If you see any Heatran, Bisharp or MegaKhan in field, make sure to keep Keldeo at all times for your team to be able to go through the 2 crooks. Also, why Wide Lens? It's actually meant to be a bluff item for those who'd think of LO Keldeo, but oftentimes it fails to bluff but I do like the extra 8% accuracy boost on Hydro Pump because RNG matters so much in this game that players would call it 'hax".

Set Substitutions: Life Orb > Wide Lens

Thor (Thundurus) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 228 HP / 96 Def / 76 SpA / 88 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Last slot was pretty confusing to think of back when I was in the point of refining my team. Before, I thought of having Wide Guard or something like Reflect Cress because those 2 were awesome discoveries that I found before. However, I came up to the conclusion of getting Thundy for last slot because it provides key attributes such as Prankster + Taunt/Thunder Wave, which could help the team win over a lot of match-ups. One even said that hax makes me win. And yeah at a point, it's true because I need to slow down threats in order for my Vocal spammers to easily spam voices.

So don't really just say it's all about the hax.

Thunder Wave and Prankster work well together, because of the statement above. However, let's just shorten it to: "crippling 'mons". Thunderbolt hits water types and most of the tier hard, and avoids you from being Taunt bait. Hidden Power [Ice] is something I need after slowing down a possible Mega Mence or anything else that's fast and that is not Scarf Lando. Taunt is also the final move, which provides an overall answer to set-up moves such as Calm Mind, Trick Room and opposing Taunt. Normally, the Thundurus of the Mence meta wouldn't invest speed on Thundurus to remain as bulky as possible (I saw it in a forum on the Doubles OU SmogForums). However, keeping at least enough speed to outspeed other Thundurus (or Pokemon such as Breloom and standard Follow Me Rachi) feels very important overall.

CO
NCLUSION

As promised, I'd show you my official ladder peak to prove the success of the team. During this time, 7:07 P.M. GMT +3 at the day June 4, 2015, the team has gone through a win-loss ratio of 71-30, which is purely neat for someone who wants to keep messing up the ladder with easy to understand but very neat tricks. Also, since the suspect test is still up, why not give it a shot? Spam voices with this team and rock the Doubles OU ladder!

Ladder 6-4-15.png

Rating 6-4-15.png

Freddie Mercury (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Frustration
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Mariah Carey (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 52 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Al Capone (Weavile) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Jesse James (Keldeo) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Quick Guard
- Secret Sword
- Protect

Alladin (Jirachi) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Thor (Thundurus) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 228 HP / 96 Def / 76 SpA / 88 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

(C) Majore D' Mawile, 2015

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)