Gen 6 rmt

My first rmt. I'm relatively new to competitive I played a little 4th gen but not much so I'm not sure about threats and such. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Greninja @ life orb
Ability - protean
Nature - timid
252 spAtt 252 spa 4 hp
-Ice beam
-Hydro pump
-Dark pulse
-Taunt

My lead. Taunts common set up pokes and hazard layers and hits back with stab on all of his attacks. Since in most of my games people lead with klefki, smeargle, or galvantula greninja taunt comes in handy nearly every game and scald, ice beam, and dark pulse provide good coverage. Thanks to Welsknight for the suggestion

Goodra @Assault vest
Ability - sap sipper
Nature - brave
252 hp 252 att 4 spdef
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Power whip
-Fire blast

I tried to base this team around a goodra slobro core and it works great. They complement each other very well covering weaknesses and slobro also baits the grass move for sap sipper fairly often since most people expect hydration or gooey. I choose sap sipper over gooey because I do not feel the speed drop is very beneficial to the team. I tried a few goodra sets ( special attacking assault vest, infestation, and this) and this set has given the best results as most people don't expect goodra on the physical side.

Slobro @ leftovers
Ability - Regenerator
Nature - bold
252 hp 252 def 4 spatt
-Scald
-Ice beam
-Psychic
-Slack off

The other half of my core. Works very well with goodra. I think I covered his role above. Come in on physical dragons aimed at Goodra and let them have a nice ice beam. I thought about calm mind over psychic but I don't know if that will leave me without proper coverage since people seem to be running more poisons now with fairies but goodras eq should be able to handle them.

Gengar @ gengarite
Ability - levitate/shadow tag
Nature - timid
252 spe 252 spatt 4 hp
-Shadow ball
-Sludge bomb
-Thunder bolt
-Substitute

Gengar comes in and sets up a sub while the opponent switches to something to take it on or get trapped and die so basically you get a free sub most of the time. Sub also bypassss the first turn stat changes.

Gliscor @ toxic orb
Ability - poison heal
Nature - adamant
252 att 184 hp 72 spe
-Acrobatics
-ice fang
-Fling
-Stealth rocks

Also tried this guy out on Welsknight suggestion and I am pleased. At first I though toxic stall would be better but after a few games this guy has earned his stay. Fling is not often expected and I havnt seen many acrobatics sets running around so this guy gets a nice surprise factor on a lot of opponents.

Scizor @ Life orb
Ability - technician
Nature - adamant
252 att 248 hp 4 spdef
-Bullet punch
-Defog
-U turn
-Super power

After taking out Aegislash I needed a dependable physical sweeper and this guy plays the part. Still in early testing stage with him but so far pretty good. I have 2 good checks to fire in goodra and slobro which is what this scizor fears the most so no problem there.

After some tweaks the team is standing fairly solid I'm just not sure about the last slot yet although scizor is fairing pretty well. I found myself having a few problems with bulky waters. Goodra can in most cases live a couple ice beams and handle them with power whip but that's damage I would rather not have with no recovery. With scizor added I changed focus blast on gengar to tbolt so ill see hot that does.

Changes so far
Klefki lead --> greninja lead
Hawlucha --> gliscor
Aegislash --> scizor
Gengar focus blast --> Tbolt
Scizor pursuit --> Defog
Scizor choice band --> life orb

Last edited:

As you can see, right now you have 3 Pokemon with a weakness to Dark, Ghost, and Ground types. Ground and Dark moves are extremely prevalent. Hawlucha goes down to easily to be a reliable Earthquake counter, and if you Mega-Evolve Gengar, you lose it's Earthquake ability. I'd say consider Skarmory instead of Hawlucha, but then you'd have a 3rd Fire and Electric weakness, and your only real counter for say, Talonflame would be Slowbro. A few things you may want to consider:

Instead of Hawlucha, go with Gliscor. A set similar to this might work:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 184 HP / 72 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Acrobatics
- Stealth Rock/Taunt/Defog
- Fling

This will still give you at least 1 ground immunity, without increasing your weakness to Fire and Electric. Beware of Ice Moves, however, as they hit Gliscor very hard. Luckily, you have 3 team members who resist Ice.

You may also want to consider switching Aegislash for Life-Orb Greninja (with Taunt) or Chesto-Resto Rotom-W.

What do you think about giving life orb to gengar to get rid of the ground weakness and switching Aegislash with bulk up conkeldurr to help with darks and lose another ground weakness. I like the idea of gliscor over hawlucha but I think I like toxic over toxic orb fling for multiple uses and a higher base power acrobatics I don't think gliscor needs. Flying doesn't really hit that much except for fighting which slobro can easily handle so what do you think about just a toxic stall set since the team is mostly bulky anyway bar gengar. I'm new to this so if my ideas are not good let me know why so I don't make those mistakes anymore. Thanks

Last edited:
What do you think about giving life orb to gengar to get rid of the ground weakness and switching Aegislash with bulk up conkeldurr to help with darks and lose another ground weakness. I like the idea of glia or over hawlucha but I think I like toxic over toxic orb fling for mBultiple uses and a higher base power acrobatics I don't think gliscor needs. Flying doesn't really hit that much except for fighting a which slobro can easily handle so what do you think about just a toxic stall set since the team is mostly bulky anyway bar gengar. I'm new to this so if my ideas are not good let me know why so I don't make those mistakes anymore. Thanks
I think that just because Gengar is holding a Gengarite, doesn't necessarily mean you have to mega-evolve it right away. If you opponent has a very ground-heavy team, don't evolve Gengar until some of those threats are dealt with.

As for Gliscor, the reason I went Acrobatics was that it checks fighting (Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Breloom) and more importantly, Grass (Trevenant, Breloom again, Venusaur). The set I posted is also not a common set for Gliscor anymore it seems, so you might very well catch someone by surprise with it. But it's totally up to you, if you want to use him as a stall/support set, go with Toxic/Protect/Substitute/Something Else instead. =)

Last edited:
I think that just because Gengar is holding a Gengarite, doesn't necessarily mean you have to mega-evolve it right away. If you opponent has a very ground-heavy team, don't evolve Gengar until some of those threats are dealt with.

As for Gliscor, the reason I went Acrobatics was that it checks fighting (Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Breloom) and more importantly, Grass (Trevenant, Breloom again, Venusaur). The set I posted is also not a common set for Gliscor anymore it seems, so you might very well catch someone by surprise with it. But it's totally up to you, if you want to use him as a stall/support set, go with Toxic/Protect/Substitute/Something Else instead. =)
Very true about gengar and I'm trying the fling set now and it works pretty good so I'm going to keep it for a while and see how it goes. Any thoughts on conkeldurr over aegislash? And thanks for all the input.

Very true about gengar and I'm trying the fling set now and it works pretty good so I'm going to keep it for a while and see how it goes. Any thoughts on conkeldurr over aegislash? And thanks for all the input.
Not a big fan of Conkeldurr for this team personally, he's very slow without Sticky Web/Baton Pass support, and he gives you another Psychic weakness. As a general rule of thumb, I always try to limit myself to maximum of 2 Pokemon on a team with a shared weakness.

Not a big fan of Conkeldurr for this team personally, he's very slow without Sticky Web/Baton Pass support, and he gives you another Psychic weakness. As a general rule of thumb, I always try to limit myself to maximum of 2 Pokemon on a team with a shared weakness.
I'm going to try out greninja in Aegislash's place like you suggested tomorrow and see how that fairs. Also with defog running around spikes doesn't get a lot of use on klefki so I'm thinking about replacing klefki completely if I use greninja. Taunt greninja lead and sr on gliscor. Any suggestions on klefki's slot if I remove it?

I'm going to try out greninja in Aegislash's place like you suggested tomorrow and see how that fairs. Also with defog running around spikes doesn't get a lot of use on klefki so I'm thinking about replacing klefki completely if I use greninja. Taunt greninja lead and sr on gliscor. Any suggestions on klefki's slot if I remove it?
I do love my Taunt-Greninja lead; this is the set that I use personally:

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

I don't remember recommending him to you, but maybe you saw my Boosted B@st@rds team and liked the idea. Either way, I think Greninja would add a lot to this team.

As for Klefki replacements, there are a lot of options. I think you definitely need a physical sweeper, especially if Aegislash goes bye-bye. Mega-Kangaskhan is a beast, as is Blaziken. I have to admit, though, I'm having a hard time thinking (it's late and I'm running on coffee and 3 hours of sleep lol). If you could post an updated team so I can analyze the type weaknesses better, I'd be happy to get to it tomorrow. Personally, I need to call it a night, I think.

I do love my Taunt-Greninja lead; this is the set that I use personally:

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

I don't remember recommending him to you, but maybe you saw my Boosted B@st@rds team and liked the idea. Either way, I think Greninja would add a lot to this team.

As for Klefki replacements, there are a lot of options. I think you definitely need a physical sweeper, especially if Aegislash goes bye-bye. Mega-Kangaskhan is a beast, as is Blaziken. I have to admit, though, I'm having a hard time thinking (it's late and I'm running on coffee and 3 hours of sleep lol). If you could post an updated team so I can analyze the type weaknesses better, I'd be happy to get to it tomorrow. Personally, I need to call it a night, I think.
You suggested greninja in your first post. I'll check out your team tho. I really appreciate your persistence in replies it helps a lot. I see there where a lot of flaws in the team and ill edit my first post with changes either tonight or tomorrow. I'll think of a physical sweeper replacement for klefki as well.

You suggested greninja in your first post. I'll check out your team tho. I really appreciate your persistence in replies it helps a lot. I see there where a lot of flaws in the team and ill edit my first post with changes either tonight or tomorrow. I'll think of a physical sweeper replacement for klefki as well.
Happy to help, perfect teams are rarely built in a day. I'll check back tomorrow, have a good night! =)

Alrighty, now that I can think properly lol...

I like the team in its current form, as far as weaknesses/resistances goes. You do not have any more than 2 Pokemon that are weak to any given type of move, and you have at least 1 weakness/immunity to every type of move as well.

The only issue that jumps out at me now is that you have no form of hazard removal. Consider replacing either Super Power or Pursuit on Scizor with Defog, and switching the Choice Band to a Life Orb or Expert Belt.

So, now it's time to start analyzing major threats, and tweaking things like individual moves, items, and EV spreads. Is there anything that you're really struggling against? Anything that can infinitely wall your team? Anything you can think of that just rips through it?

Alrighty, now that I can think properly lol...

I like the team in its current form, as far as weaknesses/resistances goes. You do not have any more than 2 Pokemon that are weak to any given type of move, and you have at least 1 weakness/immunity to every type of move as well.

The only issue that jumps out at me now is that you have no form of hazard removal. Consider replacing either Super Power or Pursuit on Scizor with Defog, and switching the Choice Band to a Life Orb or Expert Belt.

So, now it's time to start analyzing major threats, and tweaking things like individual moves, items, and EV spreads. Is there anything that you're really struggling against? Anything that can infinitely wall your team? Anything you can think of that just rips through it?
I replaced pursuit with Defog to handle hazards and switched to life orb. I'm still checking threats but havnt really found anything that completely destroys the team. I choose to keep superpower to handle steels with something other than goodra and I don't usually need pursuit as much. Thanks for the continuous input btw.

I replaced pursuit with Defog to handle hazards and switched to life orb. I'm still checking threats but havnt really found anything that completely destroys the team. I choose to keep superpower to handle steels with something other than goodra and I don't usually need pursuit as much. Thanks for the continuous input btw.
Glad to help. I also can't really think of anything that absolutely shuts you down. Only thing left to do really is test, test, and test. I propose a Pokemon Showdown battle. *this is me looking you in the eye#

I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear! =P

What's your PS username?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)