(Gen V) Etenernal Flame

With the new generation, I decided to leave the realm of "everything except Uber" and move into Uber. With this team, I'm currently well in the top 100 (out of almost, probably more than when you read this 600) on the Wi-fi Ubers ladder on Pokemon Online and made it to #3, but haven't been able to keep it up. While I often win, I've found that I've started stalling on the ladder, so here I am now, needing help improving this team.
HUGE EDIT: I have taken j99ubers' advice, but haven't been able to get the time to update it. Timid LO Darkrai w/ Dark Pulse, Dark Void, Ice Beam, and Focus Blast in, Giratina out. The genie guy out, SD normal Arceus w/ Earthquake over Recover in. Zoroark out, standard revenge killer Palkia in (Thunder, Fire Blast, Spacial Rend, and something I can't remember atm.

< no image readily available, sorry >

Warrior (Kirikizan) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Competitive Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Ankle Sweep

I use this mainly as a lead. I've found that most common leads allow me to attack once before they attack, or are frail enough to be defeated easily by Kirikizan. I chose Sucker Punch to pick off frail Psychic leads and revenge killers. Stone Edge is my weapon against the occasional flyer, as well as my main attack. (When it misses, it doesn't miss as critically early-game as it could late-game.) Focus Sash + Sucker Punch is my main weapon against attacking leads that are partial to fire-type attacks.

Darkness (Zoroark) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Zoroark is my revenge killer and stealth squad. I often have him copy the genie (one of the few on the team that won't instantly give him away). I often find myself just spamming Dark Pulse, or an occasional Flamethrower/Focus Blast depending on weaknesses. Grass Knot is really only for when my opponent pulls out Kyogre or Groudon, so I don't get to use it often. While Zoroark is rather useful sometimes, I've found that he's the one that could probably be most easily replaced, even though he often deals some damage to the enemy.

Reshiram (Reshiram) @ Leftovers
Trait: Turbo Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nitro Charge
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flame
- Focus Blast

The central player of the team, when I wrote it up. Between Blue Flame and Draco Meteor, I have unresisted coverage. Unfortunately, I often find myself needing the Special Attack that Draco Meteor prevents me from using. Often, I just use Nitro Charge to pick off the weakened opponent, then Draco Meteor the Zekrom that comes in, and am forced to use weak attacks or to switch out, losing momentum. I chose Focus Blast for Heatran and Dialga, by the way. Also, I chose Leftovers because I've found that a sweeper that is more resistant to being picked off by priority is much better than a 30% damage increase, but I could be persuaded to use Life Orb or Wise Glasses, here.

Earth (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 136 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Groudon is here for two reasons. The first is to boost Reshiram's power significantly and hinder Rain/Sand teams. The second is because he has enough attack to sweep very nicely after a single Rock Polish. Earthquake is for STAB, Stone Edge is for coverage, and Dragon Claw is for the Dragons, may they all fall to Groudon's wrath. Groudon is the most ordinary member of the team, really. And also one of the best sweepers on it.

< no picture readily available, sorry >

Genie (Randorosu) (M) @ Passho Berry
Trait: Sand Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Explosion

This is my second Stat-up Physical Sweeper. He's fast enough as it is, so I decided to work on the power of his attacks. After a single Swords Dance, anything that doesn't outright resist him is usually stopped. Of course, Gengar can switch in and take a vacation against him, but I don't see Gengar on the ladder much. Explosion is my last-ditch attack; I use it only if I desperately need an opposing Pokemon to be defeated (read: counters almost my entire remaining team or is named "Kyogre").

Death (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp

Giratina with massive defense and HP and a stallish moveset may seem out of place on this team, but he's actually the glue for it. Between RestTalk and Will-o-Wisp + Dragon Tail, I can often stall an opponent who lacks the means to outright defeat Giratina quickly until they are easy prey for either Randorosu, Groudon, or, less often, Zoroark or Reshiram.

Problems that plague my team:
Kyogre, always raining on the parade
Scarf Zekrom, it's Outrage is a pain against Reshiram.
Blissey, Lugia, and Giratina, I often lack the means to break through walls without Burn Stalling, unless I bring out Zoroark for Giratina or Lugia, and even that doesn't work often.
other Reshiram, they make me hesitant to bring out Groudon, one of my mains.
Skymin @ Choice Scarf using Air Slash.
Giratina-O, sometimes

So, have at it. And please bear in mind that I've got quite a bit that I have to do with school picking up the pace, so I might not be able to try advice as frequently as I might wish.

OK, well first I would exchange using Zoroark for using Palkia as your revenge killer as Palkia is alot stonger and gets better type coverage with his moves, this also gives you a reliable switch in to SpecsOgre Water Spout as right now nothing in your team takes it well. Also you may want to look at using a lead that can set up entry hazards as they are incredibly useful for taking down things like Ho-Oh, Lugia, Rayquaza etc. Also there are almost no reasons for keeping Randorosu over SD Arceus( except maybe Spikes and Toxic Spikes immunity) but the extra power and speed Arceus brings will be very helpful to your team. Finally, if your struggling with stall and Gira-O occasionally then Darkrai could be a very good fit on your team as he ease past both of these althoough Im not sure what you should drop for him, maybe Giratina.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)