Gen VI Only Team (Battle Spot Special Rules)

This is the team I made for the Special Rules set for WiFi battles using the PSS Battle Spot. Only Generation VI pokemon are allowed (Zygarde, Xerneas, and Yveltal are banned) and no two Pokemon can hold the same item.

Klefki @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Imprison
- Draining Kiss
- Spikes
- Foul Play

My lead. Although Defog was buffed, I could not find any Generation VI pokemon that learn Defog, so entry hazards can still work as well as last Gen. The only two users of Spikes are Klefki and Greninja, and the only user of Stealth Rocks is Carbink. With Focus Sash and Prankster, I'm all but guaranteed to get at least two layers of spikes down. Imprison is to block other Spikes users. Foul Play and Drain Kiss are so it can do at least some damage once its role has been fulfilled.

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Avalanche
- Roar / Earthquake / Stone Edge

Rapid Spinner and Physical Tank. Spins away hazards with Rapid Spin. If the opponent dares to lay a physical attack on this thing, it gets hit by Rocky Helmet and then Avalanche turns into a 120 base power STAB move. Recover allows him to last longer. Roar allows me to get rid of an attacker Avalugg can't handle and makes trying to set up on him very hard. I could replace Roar with either Earthquake or Stone Edge for more coverage and to also counter my fire weakness. Right now I'm running Stone Edge to counter Talonflame. As long as Avalugg has full HP, he should OHKO Talonflame with a Stone Edge.

Trevenant @ Chesto Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech / Wood Hammer
- Phantom Force
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

The more I use this thing, the more I like it. This has been working fairly well as an Aegislash counter as well as a spin blocker. Will-O-Wisp destroys physical sweepers. I couldn't decide whether to go with Horn Leech for its recovery or Wood Hammer for the sheer power. I chose Phantom Force over Shadow Claw purely as a move to counter Aegislash. Phantom Force bypasses King's Shield and hits Aegislash for super effective STAB damage. Trevenant's recovery move, Rest, is where things get interesting. After using rest, Trevenant will wake up right away from the berry. If that wasn't good enough, his ability, Harvest, gives a 50% chance that the berry will be restored, allowing for another Rest with immediate awakening. I wasn't sure whether to go with Chesto Berry or Lum Berry for this one. Lum Berry covers all status effects, but Chesto Berry would be more useful in the case where I am inflicted with a status effect other than sleep so I can just Rest off the status effect.

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

My Physical Sweeper. I've been having trouble with Aegislash. He seems like such a useful pokemon with a great ability, but I can't seem to use him correctly due to his frail defenses when not in Shield Forme. That, combined with my terrible prediction of when to use (the incredibly predictable) King's Shield and Fire weakness, seem to lead to this guy ending up rather useless many times. He is able to 2HKO almost anything with Sacred Sword followed by Shadow Sneak, but he runs the risk of dying in between. I could put the 252 Atk EVs into Def or SDef to add more bulk as well as changing the nature to something like Impish or Careful to boost Def or SDef. I could also replace Sacred Sword with Iron Head, but Sacred Sword is the only fighting move I have right now on my entire team.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

My Special Sweeper. Draco Meteor and Hurricane hit for huge STAB damage with Choice Specs. U-turn is always useful. Flamethrower is for more coverage and could be changed to Focus Blast or Boomburst if needed.

Clawitzer @ Leftovers
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Here's my attempt at a counter to my glaring fire weakness. People say he can learn Hydro Pump, but I can't figure out how. If he does, I would use that over Water Pulse. The other moves give me wide coverage and are boosted with Clawitzer's ability. I'm not completely sold on this guy. I would prefer a bulkier water but that doesn't seem to really be available in Gen VI.

Other options include replacing Klefki with a Carbink that has Stealth Rock and Dual Screens. I also like using Klefki like I've used Liepard in the past with a set of Swagger / Thunder Wave / Substitute / Foul Play. I could also try out Sylveon as a Special Tank or a Barbaracle to counter the fire weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)