Guilty Pleasure Bands or Songs

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are some bands, artists, or songs that you know you should hate, but can't bring yourself to hate them? Post one or a few, and make sure to include a link to a song and some reasons you know you should hate said artist or song, and why you do like it.

Actually, since it is early, I can only think of one:

Limp Bizkit
Everyone should hate Limp Bizkit, right? Fred Durst is among the most hated and least talented front men in the history of modern rock, spewing out bad poetry, whiny "alien" vocals, and barely competent singing. He is known for rhyming "here" with "here" and "shit" with "shit," and commiting countless more lyrical crimes. This all seems valid until you listen closely and realize that this band has loads of talent, including the very underrated Wes Borland on guitar:

These guys have an undeniably tight groove, far beyond that of the rest of the long-dead nu metal genre. Since you have to be at least 13 years old to view this, I'm assuming that you were born in 1997 at the very latest, and can remember Limp Bizkit as a household name - they were HUGE! This brings me to one of my favorite live performances ever recorded, from the infamous Woodstock '99:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAee_n_r_Mw

enjoy!

I like Gucci Mane. I don't know why, he's a terrible rapper. He's got lame lyrics, bad album features, and in some of his shit it's impossible to understand what he's saying. On a side note, I love Limp Bizkit.

according to last.fm, alejandro is my ninth most played track.

that said, i don't really have a "guilty pleasure" favorite band, i'm pretty outright about my music taste. if i'm ashamed of music then i just don't like it.

i like disturbed and linkin park. the old stuff. i find that i don't have time to listen to anything new, although i did give a thousand suns a listen. it was terrible, there was one good track. ONE.

lots of people are always like "oh god they are all so gross" but it's pretty stupid to pretend you didn't bump the shit out of hybrid theory as a kid. i know i did.

you don't "grow out of listening to artists" you just become more and more embarrassed about other people knowing about you listening to them. so often i just man up and BLAST some good old "nu metal" or whatever.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
3oh!3, their music is not good at all but their unique style and catchy beats keep me listening

Nickelback. I got given Silver Side Up when I was younger and liked it, ok? Don't judge me.

you don't "grow out of listening to artists" you just become more and more embarrassed about other people knowing about you listening to them. so often i just man up and BLAST some good old "nu metal" or whatever.
This. And hey, nothing wrong with a bit of Hybrid Theory whilst we're on the subject.

um...Im not ashamed of my music. I listen to taylor swift and i think her writing is brilliant. Considering I also listen to alot of metal, it doesn't really "fit in" to my library but hey, if it sounds good. whos complaining :D

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fall Out Boy. I dunno why, but I liked "From Under the Cork Tree".
Yeah, that album is actually decent, once you get past the annoying vocals

For me it would be Cute Is What We Aim For, i'm not even sure why i like them, but i do, since they're not a 'heavy' band at all, but hey, whatever, oh, and I like Limp Bizkit as well

Putting in tertiary support for 3OH!3, even though I don't really feel guilty about it. Some of their songs aren't completely terrible. Surprise surprise.

Their new album is trash though.

We Butter the Bread With Butter too.

Only guilty pleasure band. . . project I could "think" of me for is Nine Inch Nails. I always see a lot of people hating them on music boards, but I love Nine Inch Nails. The Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine for the win. :D

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm not ashamed to listen to any of these, but they might be considered to be embarrassing to others: Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Taylor Swift, Basshunter, Linkin Park, Will Smith, Drake, Lil Wayne, JT, Usher, Fall Out Boy, Silverstein, Three Days Grace, I dunno that's all I can think of for now...

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Three Days Grace.. Embarassing? Ok......

Anyway..

Avril Lavigne,
Mayday Parade,
Armor For Sleep,
Boys Like Girls,
Some DDR songs...

No, I'm not gay. Just weird.

My guilty pleasure is Jus Allah, he makes terrible music about murdering people and black supremacy I really shouldn't listen to it because it's so bad and it's going to make me become a (BAN ME PLEASE), but it just gets me so pumped up you know.

Also I enjoy listening to Lil B he's a terrible rapper but his beats are so fresh do you know what I am saying?

tbh I don't think I listen to anything that wouldn't be considered bad taste these days. I've liked very little since early 00s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)