Hail Team

Was having a bit of a think about doing a Hail team for the upcoming Doubles tourney on global link but I'm struggling to get a team together, my first choice to accompany Abomasnow was Frosslas but it's not eligible. Ive played singles a lot bu never played doubles and don't really know what to expect.

Abomasnow is obviously a given, who else would be best with him?

Obamasnow is great in Trick Room, otherwise it gets outrun by like everything... Just be prepared to face a lot of Mega Kangaskhan, Charizards, Talonflames, Mega Mawiles, Heat Rotom, Aegislash, and Tyranitars. All of the listed are in the top 12 usage for Season 3...

I don't think its really worth it otherwise.

I'd pay attention to the VGC format results and usage (Special Battle format for Season 2 and 3) to see what might go with what and work from there.

You may want to squeeze in as many battles as you can right now, seeing as the third season ends in about 9 days.

I ran a hail TR doubles team back in gen 4 on shoddy. Glaceon Works great with choice specs blizzards in TR and hail. Actually the whole point of the team was to ran Glaceon (LOL), but it worked pretty well.

Avalugg in hail with ice body is awesome in singles against physical pokemon, but i dont think he will be as good in doubles too cause the chance one of the oponent is special is higher.

In the interest of not fixing what isn't broken, I'd give this '13 Nugget Bridge article on Hail Room a look. It was made during the VGC '13 season, but would still apply to Battle Spot doubles and could be slightly altered to include/account for gen VI Pokemon:

http://nuggetbridge.com/beginners/guide-to-hailroom/

Avalugg with Counter or Mirror Coat is a solid choice. As is Mawile if you want a second mega for flexibility (it has a better matchup against Kangaskhan, for example). Be careful of going full Trick Room though; usually some Pokemon over base 70 speed help fill out the team in case you can't get Trick Room up.

Give Gothatelle a look too. With Shadow Tag, good bulk, and even tricks like Tickle, it makes a great Trick Room setter and can trap opponents into uncomfortable situations while Abomasnow deals big hits to both their Pokemon.

Also, congrats on trying doubles! I think you'll find it's really worth playing. For my money all the non-singles formats are vastly more enjoyable, though your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Hmm, this is a bit of a mini-necro bump. I mean, we can talk about the merits of hail teams if we want to, but the original poster was asking for team advice about the May International VGC-style online comp, which is long since over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)