ORAS Ubers Heaven's Horizon

Hello, and welcome all, to my final ORAS Rate My Team. Since I'm rather busy with real-life stuff, and took a refreshing break from the game, I don't think I will be playing the tier as much as I used to. Don't worry though, I'll still be around, and will be there to kick some ass when sun/moon drops. For now I leave you all with my ORAS memoir, my homage so to speak; Heaven's Horizon.

Before we jump right into the teambuilding, I'd like to tell you how I got into building it in the first place. The infamous ladder, that's where it started. It is notorious for being full of players, who have no knowledge about the meta, or players who doomed themselves to spam one team for the rest of eternity. Among the half-decent players on the ladder, Ho-oh + Mega Diancie teams seemed to be a trend. Every ten matches or so, you'd run into at least one or two of them. Even though the teams weren't bad, they never got it right either. This got me thinking, and interested in this specific core.

As said before, I began this journey with the Ho-oh + Mega Diancie core. The two have great synergy, as Ho-oh's biggest problem is Stealth Rocks. I think the pair is a solid, and interesting approach to the infamous Ho-oh balance archtype.

Since I didn't want Mega Diancie to be the team's rocker, as I'm not particularly fond of it, Primal Groudon was an easy addition to the team. It has become a neccesity to every ORAS ubers team, as it is incredibly versatile, with amazing statistics, and a fantastic ability. Primal Groudon gives me something to check Primal Kyogre, as well as give me a secondary pokemon to deal with (bulky) steels, and a potential hidden power rock Xerneas.

In definite need of a defogger, I chose to add Arceus-Water. Arceus-Water is an excellent defogger, and, along with Arceus-Dragon, usually the number one choice. Arceus-Water improves the team's matchup versus pokemon like Mega Salamence, Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, and Rock-types in general.

Apart from Mega Diancie, I wanted to have another Toxic immunity, or this time, a poison immunity rather. I chose to add Skarmory, as it seemed like a great idea to add a steel-type to the arsenal. With this, Xerneas is completely "cock-blocked" so to speak. On top of this, Skarmory is a bulky pokemon, that gives the team another ground immunity. It is basically there to make the team harder to break, and provide it with some extra defensive backbone.

As it was, the team looked great. I did however notice that it was very weak to offensive psychics, and fast offensive threats like Mega Gengar. To fix this weakness, I added Yveltal.

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Brave Bird

Sacred Fire

Earthquake

Sleep Talk

Ho-oh, one of the core members of the team. Normally, it already hits hard, but with a choice band, it comes in like a truck. The spread is nothing special, a standard, offensive orientated Ho-oh spread. Brave Bird is the bird's main stab-move, hitting everything for more than good damage. Sacred Fire is it's secondary one, which adds a fifty percent chance to burn to the table. Earthquake is a good coverage option for rock-types like Tyranitar, and Arceus-Rock, who would wall it otherwise. Sleep Talk gives something to potentially sleep fodder, if I can't let Diancie switch-in, or no longer have it.

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moonblast

Diamond Storm

Earth Power

Protect

Diancie, the other end of the core. 176 speed, Timid natured, allows it to outspeed pokemon like Rayquaza, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mega Kangaskhan. Moonblast is its primary stab-move, the bane of all Dragon and Dark-types. Diamond Storm is there to take care of Ho-oh, and hit pokemon like Lugia, and Chansey/Blissey. Earth Power is the main coverage option, to hit Primal Groudon, and grounded Steel-types. Protect allows it to mega-evolve safely, and potentially scout out the opponent's sets.

Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 108 SpD / 96 Spe
Nature: Careful
Stealth Rock

Precipice Blades

Rock Slide

Thunder Wave

Primal Groudon, the team's Stealth Rocker. This spread is a bit unique; It is simulair to the old, standard Primal Groudon spread, except with more speed creep. The spread takes a bit of its defense without unnecessarily weakening it, and adds it to speed. 108 special defense + a Careful nature adds up to 200 special defense, which is the same as the old spread, only losing its defensive positive nature. The Health Points, and Defensive investment is to not get whittled by physical attackers too easily, and to be able to live a Precipice Blades from any other form of Primal Groudon. Stealth Rock speaks for itself. Precipice Blades over Earthquake, because, in this case, I value the raw power more than the accuracy of the move. Rock Slide is there as coverage for Flying-types. Thunder Wave has it's main use in being able to cripple Xerneas, and preventing Latis to switch-in on it for free.

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Nature: Bold
IVs: 0 Atk
Recover

Toxic

Ice Beam

Defog

Arceus-Water, the squad's hazard control. 124 speed allows it to outspeed any pokemon with base ninety speed, such as both Primals, Giratina(-O), and Excadrill. Recover is an absolute neccesity, allowing it to be a reliable pokemon throughout the course of a match. Toxic is to deal with Primal Groudon, and non Steel-types that would otherwise wall it. Ice Beam over Judgement, so that it is still able to hit Primal Groudon, and to disallow set-up from Rayquaza and Mega Salamence. Defog is obviously there to give the team some form of hazard control besides Mega Diancie.

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 SpD
Nature: Bold
Toxic

Roost

Spikes

Whirlwind

Skarmory, the team's supportive backbone. The spread is pretty much a standard Skarmory spread, with a little bit of Special Defense into Defense to give it some extra physical bulk, since it doesn't do anything for it to have max Special Defense. Toxic is there to put non Steel and Poison-types on a timer, and to pressure defog/rapid spin users. Roost is neccesairy for reliable recovery. Spikes is great with the two above moves, and generally pressure teams. Whirlwind is to disallow pokemon that try to make use of how passive Skarmory is, and try to set up on it.

Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 224 Spe
Nature: Modest
Foul Play

Dark Pulse

Oblivion Wing

U-turn

Yveltal, the team's offensive momentum. Since the team is rather vulnerable to fast, offensive threats, a choice scarfed Yveltal was the perfect solution. With Foul Play it is able to do big damage to pretty much every Swords Dancer. Dark Pulse is the main Dark-type move, reliable, hard hitting, and has a chance to flinch. It takes care of fast offensive threats like Mega Gengar, Mewtwo(Y), and the lati twins. Oblivion Wing is an amazing secondary stab-move that allows it to steal some health back. U-turn is there to provide momentum for the team.

Arceus-Normal

Arceus-Normal can overall be dealt with, but becomes a bit scary once Skarmory is gone. In this case, you should be extremely careful around it, and make sure it doesn't get a Swords Dance up for free.

Primal Groudon

Luckily it doesn't set-up on anything for free, but Primal Groudon is a huge threat nontheless. Once it gets both dances up, it becomes hard to stop it. Then again, it shouldn't get to that, unless you're doing something horribly wrong.

Deoxys Attack

There is Yveltal to deal with this, but everytime it comes in for free, it's an immediate threat to the team. You should be wary of pulling unnecessary doubles, and make sure it doesn't get to that. Make sure you always have something to deal with it, so that it doesn't sweep you late-game.

Arceus-Water

Not so much of a direct threat to the team, but dangerous nontheless. The Defog variant can be dealt with, but the two attacks version has coverage for every member on my team, bar Skarmory.

Excadrill

Extremely annoying to deal with, as it gets rocks up versus Mega Diancie, and is able to pressure Arceus-Water with Toxic.

Primal Kyogre

Pretty much for the same reason as Arceus-Water, an Ice + Water move has most of my team covered. Although, where Arceus-Water lacks the ability to two-hit KO, Primal Kyogre can hit it extremely hard with its Water stab, or a potential Thunder, which it would need to be able to hit my own Arceus-Water.

I've done the near-full shoutout list about two times now, so I'll just copy-paste the last list. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Special Shoutout(s)
Kalalokki
The second time you made some art for me, and the second time you delivered. Thanks a ton, the piece looks fantastic.

The BITG Family
Wiz T7, IAmGingy, WECAMEASROMANS, TheLaughingCats, Dread Arceus, tst, Flumes, TDK, Giagantic, OrdA, Dallasboi1992, Logic., Seventy, Subject 18, Arcanine is Regal

The Ubers Community
Lord Outrage, James Jimmy, benbe, Mysterious M, VictoriasDelibirds, Parameter, p2, Pohjis, ShadowQuinn, Gunner Rohan, Californium, Lacus Clyne, darrell1297, Arii Stella, hyw, ZoroarkForever, Level 56, Sweep, SparksBlade, Fireburn, Aurora, Aberforth, LJDarkrai, DracoMaster Dab, Daenys, The Miracle, The Trap God, Blim, magsyy, Samqian, Dilwar, Hack, Leru, orch, slurmz, DontStealMyPenguin, Nayrz, Earth, WhiteLion, Holy Break, Gastrik, 4gb

Dutch PSPL guys
Grim, Shadestep, BigBoy038, Ban ponyta, TonyFlygon, Boehijt, Michielleus, Alpha Ninja, Blackoblivion, RemcoAZ, CobalionCouncil, Eviolation

Other Friends
-Snow, Omfuga, Foggi, Crestfall, Hassin627, Carl Murray, Rigas, Tomahawk

Click here to get the importable version of the team and try it out yourself.​

Last edited:
Hai Lucos, your team looks pretty solid I love Mega Diancie and the structure in general is really good!
Thanks for the shoutout and let me give you a rate. ♡

Something which caught my attention is Scarf Yveltal, I don't really think that Scarf is the best option for a balance team, besides that, if rocks are up Xerneas and Klefki can be really annoying since Scarf Yveltal does a poor damage which makes your team lose momentum. Looking at your threat list Kyogre, Ho-Oh and PDon can be really dangerous since your only decent option to switch in is PDon and burns/paralysis might be stressful for Waterceus as it hates status because Hex MGar exists.

Alright, as I have already mentioned your team is a balance and I think status can be really stressful to deal with and as you probably know this is very dominant in the actual metagame. So, as my first suggestion, you should take out Diamond Storm/Earth Power in
and try out
Heal Bell which can help you to control this problem as it can be really annoying for teams like yours.
The next suggestion is about Kyogre and PDon which are a threat. My advice is to consider
over Skarmory
as an answer to them likewise it also helps you as great defogger. This change lets you to use Judgment in Waterceus improving your match up against Ho-Oh.
If you decide to change Latios>Skarmory, your team will be a little bit weak against Ekiller so a defensive set for
would be a better option than the current one
. In my experience defensive Ygod is really good in balance teams since it can helps versus Ghostceus which can be threatening against this kind of teams.
Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-Turn
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch

Tl;dr
× Consider Heal Bell instead of DiamondStorm/Earth Power on Mega Diancie.
× Take out Skarmory and use Latios Defog.
× Defensive Charti Yveltal over Choice Scarf.

That's all~ hope I helped friend, good luck with your team! :3

Last edited:
Hai Lucos, your team looks pretty solid I love Mega Diancie and the structure in general is really good!
Thanks for the shoutout and let me give you a rate. ♡

Something which caught my attention is Scarf Yveltal, I don't really think that Scarf is the best option for a balance team, besides that, if rocks are up Xerneas and Klefki can be really annoying since Scarf Yveltal does a poor damage which makes your team lose momentum. Looking at your threat list Kyogre, Ho-Oh and PDon can be really dangerous since your only decent option to switch in is PDon and burns/paralysis might be stressful for Waterceus as it hates status because Hex MGar exists.

Alright, as I have already mentioned your team is a balance and I think status can be really stressful to deal with and as you probably know this is very dominant in the actual metagame. So, as my first suggestion, you should take out Diamond Storm/Earth Power in
and try out
Heal Bell which can help you to control this problem as it can be really annoying for teams like yours.
The next suggestion is about Kyogre and PDon which are a threat. My advice is to consider
over Skarmory
as an answer to them likewise it also helps you as great defogger. This change lets you to use Judgment in Waterceus improving your match up against Ho-Oh.
If you decide to change Latios>Skarmory, your team will be a little bit weak against Ekiller so a defensive set for
would be a better option than the current one
. In my experience defensive Ygod is really good in balance teams since it can helps versus Ghostceus which can be threatening against this kind of teams.
Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Impish Nature
- U-Turn
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch

Tl;dr

That's all~ hope I helped friend, good luck with your team! :3
Okay, I know it is a bit late to do this now, however I have been told to do so anyways, so here I go.
First of all thank you for your rate, It may not seem like it, but I really do appreciate it.
Now let's get into it.
I've opted for Heal Bell over Earth Power but eventually decided against it.
I can't recall why however, as it seems like a good change.
The only thing it would lose would be a means to deal with pokemon like Primal Groudon and Arceus-Rock, but since I have other options for that, it is worth revisiting for sure.

I'm not quite as fond of this change, as it makes the team rather Tyranitar/Pursuit weak.
Since Latios would be the team's defogger in this case, you lose your means to defog once it is faced with for example a Tyranitar, putting an immense burden on the rest of the team.

It might make it a bit harder to deal with some of the faster threats in the metagame, but not a bad change at all.
One I will most definitely reconsider for sure.

Sorry again for the late response fren, I was kind of dead for a good while.
I still want to thank you for giving the team a rate.

Calais

Banned deucer.
i was looking through the rmts for ubers and stumbled around this which i find quite interesting, so decided to give it a rate. as for the team structure itself, inherently, diancie builds tend to struggle with ogre and u mentioned that u wanted a steel type in the team building process. I would suggest running ferrothorn>skarm as you still retain the steel typing and spikes but also get a switch in to pogre. ferro also acts as a soft check to arc forms and leech seed is a huge nuisance to play against. finally it acts as a good arc water check. gyro/powerwhip/toxic are all interchangeable for the moveset its up to personal preference. since you lost your defogger, i would suggest running a physical defog spread of gira o as you can check sd arc reliably while also defogging if necessary and dtail pairs well with the high amounts of hazards your team is using. sneak is also good on this gira o spread as u can kill deo a. along with this, gira o and ferro switch into deo a better because it forces the cc/psycho 5050s which is better that the current predicament. anyways heres an importable of your changes, i got kinda lazy not adding sprites but i might do that later. hope i helped!

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Diancie @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Protect

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 244 Atk / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Last edited:
i was looking through the rmts for ubers and stumbled around this which i find quite interesting, so decided to give it a rate. as for the team structure itself, inherently, diancie builds tend to struggle with ogre and u mentioned that u wanted a steel type in the team building process. I would suggest running ferrothorn>skarm as you still retain the steel typing and spikes but also get a switch in to pogre. ferro also acts as a soft check to arc forms and leech seed is a huge nuisance to play against. finally it acts as a good arc water check. gyro/powerwhip/toxic are all interchangeable for the moveset its up to personal preference. since you lost your defogger, i would suggest running a physical defog spread of gira o as you can check sd arc reliably while also defogging if necessary and dtail pairs well with the high amounts of hazards your team is using. sneak is also good on this gira o spread as u can kill deo a. along with this, gira o and ferro switch into deo a better because it forces the cc/psycho 5050s which is better that the current predicament. anyways heres an importable of your changes, i got kinda lazy not adding sprites but i might do that later. hope i helped!

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Diancie @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Protect

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 244 Atk / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
Hai there, first of, thank you for giving the team a rate, I appreciate it.
Let's get right into it.
You suggested swapping out Skarmory for Ferrothorn, which I find interesting.
From what I see, it would make the team a bit more reliable vs Primal Kyogre.
I must say however, I do think I have this fairly covered between Arceus-Water and Primal Groudon.
On the other hand I lose a ground immunity, which isn't particularly the worst, but I now lose the only pokemon that forces out set-up pokemon.
This I do mind, very much so.
To fix this, you went with the change of Giratina-O -> Yveltal, and decided to go with Judgement + Ice Beam on Arceus-Water, giving Giratina-O Defog.
These changes leave me weak to several threats, without gaining anything really.
Arceus-Ghost just wins vs the team you proposed, 4 attacks Latios becomes a huge threat, etc. etc.
Although it wouldn't have been anything I would have suggested, I do find the changes interesting, but I do not agree with the new team as a whole.
Thank you for your time and suggestions anyway, I do give you my thanks for both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)