Hoenn's Titans, Then and Now

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/42-m-hoenns-titans-then-and-now.3531215/#post-6188439

Albert has dropped this article. He gave me permission to take it over, should you all approve and nobody has beaten me to the punch! However, I had a semi-different route to take with this. I'd take one NU, UU, OU, Ubers Pokemon from Generation Three and how they fare now, and one NU, RU, UU, OU, Ubers Pokemon now and how they fared three generations ago and compare them. How does that sound? For reference, it would be these Pokemon:
  • Gen 3:
    • NU - Crawdaunt
    • UU - Exploud
    • OU - Metagross
    • Ubers - Groudon
  • Gen 6:
    • NU - Dusclops
    • RU - Banette
    • UU - Salamence
    • OU - Venusaur
    • Ubers - Blaziken
Example Post said:

Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide / Hidden Power Fire

--explanation--

Metagross @ Metagrossite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Aerm
- Pursuit

aren't "how they fared three generations ago" and "how they fare now" pretty similar? and by similar I mean they're so closely related that you'll end up drawing comparisons in both, and stating your stance on "how they fare now" and "how they fared before" in both sets of examples, nullifying the need for you to have two sets of examples. does that make sense?

unfixable
"I'd take one NU, UU, OU, Ubers Pokemon from Generation Three and how they fare now, and one NU, RU, UU, OU, Ubers Pokemon now and how they fared three generations ago and compare them."

That part actually sounds more complex imo. I think you're best off comparing either the best ADV OU Pokemon and how they fare in ORAS, or looking at the best Pokemon to come out of Hoenn and comparing how they stacked up in both gens. If the former, that means Pokemon from older gens (Tyranitar, Celebi, Gengar, etc.) are fair game. If the latter, you could either pick the Pokemon that were best when they came out (3rd gen introduced Jirachi, Salamence, Metagross, Swampert, Flygon, Regice, and Claydol as new OU Pokemon), are currently the best in ORAS OU (which means stuff like the Latis, Azumarill, and all the random things that got good Megas), or a general mix.

However you want do it, I think it's better for the article to focus in on two metagames than try to cover 9.

Also, writing deadline is currently the 31st, so this should be done for the following issue I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)