SM OU Hyper Stall Team 1500 and climbing

Hi, I'm VN and while this is my first post I've been playing competitively and using Smogon as a resource for years now. I stopped playing towards the end of Shoddy Battle. I decided to come back and try out the SM OU meta-game and was totally mind blown at how much has changed. I tried making a variety of team and learning about the new meta until I made this one. I've climbed from 1150 to 1500 with only 2 losses using this team. I wanted a team that could wall the majority of the meta and be able to status and force switches to rack up hazard damage.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Moonblast

Florges acts a special wall, cleric and wish passer for the team. I chose synthesis as a reliable form of recovery and wish mostly for teammates but I'll also find myself alternating between wish and moonblast to stall or wear down special attackers. She can even tank magearna flash cannons and wear her down with moonblast if you can get the SpA drop. I seem to able to get her in and use Aromatherapy just about anytime that I need to, which is a big reason I stuck with her as I wanted a specially defensive cleric.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic

Chesnaught's good physical bulk and immunity to a few abilities with Bulletproof makes him a very solid spike setter and check to a lot of Pokemon. He hits Ferrothorn super effectively while being immune to both Leech Seed and Gyro Ball. He can also wall most Venusaur sets that don't run hidden power ice or fire as Bulletproof also gives immunity to Sludge Bomb. Even Mega Swampert with Ice Punch is slowly worn down by Leech Seed, poison and drain punch.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

I chose Blissey over Chansey to avoid being crippled by knock off users. She can switch into almost every special attacker in the game and threaten to wear them down with seismic toss, status them or set up stealth rocks when they switch. Between Blissey and Florges I never have a problem with special threats at all. Even most boosting sweepers can't last long enough because of toxic and seismic top chip.

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Alomomola is my primary physical wall and an amazing wish spammer. Knock off just to be annoying and to try to get rid of leftovers or eviolites. Regenerator allows me to come in, tank a hit and damage back with Rocky Helmet then wish and switch out and usually be back up to full health. Toxic and scald stop most boosting sweepers from using me as set up fodder. I love switching her in to U-turn or non super effective contact moves because it's almost always winning trade due to Rocky Helmet.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

I'm not entirely sure about this Pokemon. I wanted a rapid spinner on the team and intimidate does come in handy quite often. I went with Close combat as a good STAB move and stone edge for coverage. Mach Punch is just for revenge killing very low health Pokemon since it's the only priority move on the team. With no reliable recovery, no access to drain punch and mediocre bulk; I feel like he's not the best option for the team but no other spinners seem right either so I'm very open to suggestions. I've considered defog although it also removes my hazards so it isn't as ideal.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Protect

I wanted a tanky Pokemon who could trap and wear down or eliminate different Pokemon. I've seen Magma Storm Heatran sets, Azumarill with Whirlpool and Perish Song, etc. I thought infestation Tangrowth may be an interesting idea and so I tried out this set and I've been loving it. I often use him as a lead and when try to get an infestation on the enemy lead while they set up stealth rock. Once I've trapped them, I'll seed and posion them and protect to keep me healthy with leftovers and leech seed while they're worn down.

Any criticism is appreciated, I think this team has potential to climb a lot higher on it's own but also much potential to be improved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)