Serious I am serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it possible to filter out threads without the Serious tags, but not possible to filter out threads WITH the Serious tags?

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So far two threads with serious tags now have them removed. Are mods deciding which threads are serious? Are you removing the tag based off of the replies? Seems more like people are making fun of this idea than anything else.
so sorry that some of us work full time jobs and can't sit on Smogon all day to hand out punishment to retards, and I claim no responsibility for the apparent lack of action elsewhere

suffice it to say, if I see it misused, I will rain fire and hell and shit down upon you

so sorry that some of us work full time jobs and can't sit on Smogon all day to hand out punishment to retards, and I claim no responsibility for the apparent lack of action elsewhere

suffice it to say, if I see it misused, I will rain fire and hell and shit down upon you
So, if you want to make a (Serious)ly funny thread, just be sure to do so in the morning/early afternoon while DM, apparently the only mod who cares about this terrible idea, is away.

Got ya.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You sure do a lot of complaining without offering anything new. Aside from re-splitting the forums, what's your bright idea?

Do away with the terrible tag and don't get pissy when someone isn't (Serious) enough in your (Serious) thread and just ignore them and respond to someone who is as (Serious) as you are?

But I guess notions like that just make me a hopeless romantic.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
We have been doing it that way for about two years, and if you haven't been paying attention, it doesn't work.

Do away with the terrible tag and don't get pissy when someone isn't (Serious) enough in your (Serious) thread and just ignore them and respond to someone who is as (Serious) as you are?

But I guess notions like that just make me a hopeless romantic.
Well if you ignore the person who isn't being serious, than that basically nullifies the intended target of the serious threads. Give him an infraction or something, to discipline everybody into realising that serious tags are.. well, serious.

I too have my doubts about this system, but I don't get all bitchy and blame moderators for it; if anything, the people who are fooling around in the serious threads are the ones who should be blamed. In essence, it's people like you who are making this system unable to function.

I don't want this system to function cause it's terrible.

And if it isn't working DM, split the god damn boards already.
I feel you miss my point. The reason this system is supposedly terrible at the moment is because you don't want the system to work.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
I don't want this system to function cause it's terrible.
So, you're just like the Republicans who won't work with Obama and don't want him to succeed because he won't do it their way. Exactly the people you hate.

And if it isn't working DM, split the god damn boards already.
I want that more than this, trust me. But this was the compromise we came to, so you will live with it just like the rest of us.

Like Eagle said, try to be a part of the solution rather than the problem.

It's only "Terrible" because people are absolute fucktards. Just because some of you want Firebot and Cong back doesn't mean something like this cannot work. All you have to do is use your brain power and keep your stupidity out of "Serious" threads.

You can take your "witty" one liners to the threads with no tags. It's that easy.

I feel you miss my point. The reason this system is supposedly terrible at the moment is because you don't want the system to work.
I feel you miss my point. The reason this system isn't working is because it's terrible and only one mod it seems is going to enforce the (Serious) major consequences. If only one mod out of several is being (Serious) about this then it's even more terrible.

(Serious)ly guys it's just a goddamn tag system, not some groundbreaking move that means you're going to be infracted for no good reason

It's only "Terrible" because people are absolute fucktards. Just because some of you want Firebot and Cong back doesn't mean something like this cannot work. All you have to do is use your brain power and keep your stupidity out of "Serious" threads.

You can take your "witty" one liners to the threads with no tags. It's that easy.
Exactly this.

I feel you miss my point. The reason this system isn't working is because it's terrible and only one mod it seems is going to enforce the (Serious) major consequences. If only one mod out of several is being (Serious) about this then it's even more terrible.
The reason this system isn't working is because it's terrible? Seems a little vague and childish if you ask me. Regarding the mod system, I'm sure the other moderators will have the common sense to take things seriously in serious posts. Just because it hasn't occurred now (to the best of our knowledge), it doesn't mean that it won't happen in the future.

Exactly this.

The reason this system isn't working is because it's terrible? Seems a little vague and childish if you ask me. Regarding the mod system, I'm sure the other moderators will have the common sense to take things seriously in serious posts. Just because it hasn't occurred now (to the best of our knowledge), it doesn't mean that it won't happen in the future.
It shouldn't be happening in the future. It should've been happening from the beginning if they wanted to be taken (Serious)ly.

So, you're just like the Republicans who won't work with Obama and don't want him to succeed because he won't do it their way. Exactly the people you hate.
When did I ever say that? I don't like republicans nor Obama.

I want that more than this, trust me. But this was the compromise we came to, so you will live with it just like the rest of us.

Like Eagle said, try to be a part of the solution rather than the problem.
I'm not the one making fake (Serious) threads man.

Fuck you man. This is the only god damn still (Serious) thread I'm posting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)