Entertainment I Want to Be the Very Best, Like No One Ever Was - (Entertaining / Trollling) OU Team Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckaboomboom

I believe I can HM02
Pokemon players are privy to a wide range of excellent and insightful team reports. I would like to write a team report from the perspective of an absolutely trash player. The Pokemon sets in the report are meant to be jokes, with entertaining explanations. I asked around Showdown to see if people liked my article idea and found it funny. I'm glad to say that the responses were almost all "yes". The article will follow the official format for a team report, and I will write it as if the team was serious and legitimate.

Introduction
Hello everyone! My name is chuckaboomboom and I would like to share my OU team which has peaked #1 on the official Showdown OU Ladder (amazing, I know). Ok, maybe I left out a couple of zeros after the one, and maybe I was slightly exaggerating (just slightly), but I have here a wonderful and potent team which will tear apart your opponents...

Team Building Process
In the works

Talonflame
Talonflame @ Flame Body
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Dragon
- Snatch

Priority Brave Bird? Like, seriously? GameFreak made one hell of a powerful bird. You may notice that my Talonflame does not have Gale Wings, but after endless research (10 whole seconds), I realized that Flame Body was the far superior option. You see, everybody expects Gale Wings Brave Bird spam from Talonflames these days. It's so mainstream and so predictable. What I have here is an innovative set that has caused unbelievable havoc to my opponents during battle. Flame Body gives me an excellent chance to burn my opponents, and can absolutely bamboozle them with the unexpectedness. As for the set above, Talonflame does not run physical moves because Intimidate is far too common. It also does not carry Flying type STAB because I do not want to reveal to the opponent that I have Flame Body and do not have priority Flying type moves.

A Modest nature with maximum special attack investment allows Talonflame to make the most out its attacks. Hidden Power Dragon is used as a coverage option against all of the rampant dragons that are roaming freely in the OU tier. Since this set does not have any speed EVs, Agility is absolutely necessary to allow the fiery bird to boost its speed to sky-high levels. Finally, Snatch is used to punish all of the Pokemon who think they can set up...

Snorunt
Snorunt @ Glalite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 3 HP / 3 Def / 3 Spe
Bold Nature
- Blizzard
- Explosion
- Sing
- Ice Shard

Snorunt is triangularly shaped. A triangle has three sides...
ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!

If the opponent is dumb enough to not forfeit when they see this Snorunt, then they are in for a world of pain. A Snorunt with maximum defensive investment is bulky beyond belief. I mean, it can survive a Modest 252 Atk Conkeldurr's Mach Punch! See for yourself: 252- Atk Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 3 HP / 3+ Def Snorunt: 198-234 (82.1 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. Of course, most Conkeldurr's are Adamant natured... But you get my point!!! Glalite is the item of choice because... well, a Snorunt can dream, can't it?

3 EVs are invested into three different stats because: three = traingle = illuminati = easy win...

POKEMON 3
Description

POKEMON 4
Description

POKEMON 5
Description

Azumarill
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

I got really tired with teambuilding and I ran out of coffee, so I just took a random OU Pokemon and took the first set suggestion from Smogon. This set is not very useful and could definitely be optimized (everyone knows that special Sap Sipper Azumarill is the way to go), but I guess I'll just use it for now. It's a pretty good death fodder...

Threats
Enter threats here

Battle video
I'll do an actual battle with the team on Showdown with the joke team (and hopefully not get wrecked)

Conclusion
In the works

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We have been unable to leave fast replies as we're close to the release of our current issue and thus spend the majority of our time with our heads on fire.

Nevertheless, this is a typical entertainment approach where valid mons are featured with terribad sets, one that we're quite used with and thus won't make for a fresh reading as the audience would already know what to suspect after reading the first set. I might be underestimating how long it's been since our last article of this kind, but it doesn't feel like a topic worth revisiting any time soon. Per usual, anyone else of our comedy crew is free to give this worth a shot (color me more of a neutral vote), so I'll just tag Layell and skylight and see if they're of a different opinion.

with our heads on fire.
This.

Unfortunately, it isn't very original as Bummer already explained and the humour is rather forced, so this is a no from me. Also, while the article idea might've sounded fine to others as you mentioned, a summary of the article isn't always indicative of what it ends up looking like in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)