Strategy & Metagame Into the Trash Heap: 5 Overrated UU Pokemon That You Should Not be Using

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So okay, this article is going to be about UU. Mainly, I'll be talking about the top five worst Pokemon that are UU by usage, and talk about why they are bad/outclassed, why you shouldn't be using them, etc. This will be like the RU article from long ago about their five most overrated mons, talking about the five worst mons in the tier in descending order from 5th worst to absolute worst. Namely, the five Pokemon that will be mentioned in this article (from worst UU Pokemon to 5th worst) will be Scrafty, Trevenant, Milotic, Flygon, and either Cloyster or Espeon. This article will be like the RU one and the Bottom of the Barrel one from long ago in BW2 in the sense that this article serves to discourage the use of some of UU's biggest crutches, since we have plenty.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty in agreement with most of your choices...even though I feel Cloyster is kind of a 'meh' Pokemon, I think Espeon preferably (or even Galvantula in all honesty) might be more suitable for the 5th-worst spot. Espeon, Cloyster, and Galvantula aren't all entirely bad Pokemon themselves, which kinda makes it hard but my reasoning is Cloyster is probably the most dangerous out of those 3. It at least can serve as a lure for bulky Waters with Explosion and bulky Steels with Hydro Pump, making it kinda scary for some checks to take it on (even though most people who use Cloyster aren't cool enough to run these moves). Galvantula is pretty much a one-trick pony as a Sash Sticky Web lead, and Espeon is outclassed in almost every role except as a Dual Screens user...though for whatever reason it doesn't stop the antics I've seen of Scarf/CM/whatever Espeon on the ladder :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)