Lesser Chosen A-Team

To be honest, I like using lower tiers and less popular Pokémon. Just because someone is labeled as NeverUsed doesn't always mean they're useless, it just means no one's going to expect them. Besides it's no fun picking what everyone else already picks or the obviously broken poison heal Glisor. Always consider looking one tier lower or one of the NU that fits anywhere.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hail
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Toxic
If you could pick anything as a starter, what would it be? 80% of people would answer one of the dragon lines, therefore I would choose an ice type Spheal so I could make them regret those choices. Walrien is an NU for a few reasons, mainly the ice typing. However, with a base 110HP and 90 in both Def, they don't call him Wall-rien for nothing. Given leftovers and a hail with Ice Body, he can heal quite fast behind his substitute. On top of that, how many tanks do you know get a stab on ice? With EV's, max HP and add on to the defense of your choice. Thick Fat can be helpful for blocking predicted attacks but once you're already out, no one's going to consciously hit you with fire.
Hitmontop @ Black Belt
Ability: Technician
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Aerial Ace
- Mach Punch
The only thing keeping this team from sinking into RU. So I was looking up spinners who could walk into a stealth rock and resist it. Fighting types do so, Hitmontop spends all day spinning, and why not add Technician and Aerial Ace for some more damage. He's got plenty of coverage if you want to mix it up or would rather have Intimidate but I like the surprise on the enemies face when a Mach Punch hits like it was 90 base damage (oh yeah, and he gets a STAB and why not give him a belt).
Cacturne (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 68 HP / 224 Atk / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Superpower
- Needle Arm
- Sucker Punch
Funny thing about Cacturne, he can learn Teeter Dance, Dynamic Punch, Superpower, or why not just give him a Choice Scarf and Switcheroo surprise everyone who thought they had time to set up. Because Sand Veil is banned in most tiers, Cacturne also makes a good water interceptor if you know what you're doing. And don't forget his signature attacks: An arm full of flinch needles and a the dark version of Quick Attack.
ナデシコ姫 (Lilligant) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Attract
All hail Nadeshiko-Hime and her grace. Lilligants are naturally fast, come with Sleep Powder and can Quiver Dance themselves into divinity to the point even Ice Beam is ineffective. She is perfectly capable setting up all on her own, the only reason she's RU is she only learns grass attacks (coverage problems) and really has only 1 strategy (sad face). However, near the end of the match when all hope seems lost, Lilligant enters with her graceful dance and beauty to sweep whatever's left. I personally use Attract to get around sleep clause (because everyone thinks everyone else stopped using it ;3 ). There are a few ways to make this build different, Hidden Power can improve on the poor coverage and Energy Ball/Petal Dance+Own Tempo work just as well as STAB attacks. Though personally I would rather have a heal than be locked into a endless attack.
Aggron @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Careful Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Punch
Every team needs a physical tank, and who better than a monster made of steel and stone? Actually Bronzong would work much better but owell. Aggron has massive defense, big attacks and massive weight for his signature attack (not shown but you might like it). Aggron maybe slow but if you know there's a physical threat infront of you (and it's not ground or fighting), Aggron will block it and force a switch cause whatever's there at the end of the turn is getting pulverized.
(Honestly now that I think about it, Bronzong would be a much better steel tank)
Charizard @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 108 HP / 200 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
And finally, the starter everyone dismissed as useless, Charizard. Here's how things work, the enemy sends out Blastoise who has focused on defense and special attacks. Doing some simple math in their head, they realize Charizard is going to get destroyed by water and proceed to Hydro Pump, little do they know this was the plan all along. Charizard survives with his sash and is blazed, now able to unleash a massive Fire Blast decimating Blastoise's HP and becoming a massive threat so long as Hitmontop is able to keep the air space free of sharp rocks. Slow steel types beware. If Charizard is able to survive the first few hits, he also has roost to get to full HP again and 2 other special attacks for coverage, Air Slash for fighting types+STAB and Dragon Pulse for a universal no-resistance attack.
And that's the team I've set up. Not the most obvious choices but you know what, it's not about what everyone says you should do, it's what you like using. I don't expect this set up to defeat a OU team but these NU members are perfectly capable of taking on UU teams and have ascended past their normal counters. Part of the game is to do what the enemy isn't expecting, and I can guarantee no one in UU expected to see a Cacturne with Superpowers.

This team isn't really that good. To be honest, I can't tell the goal of the team. Your walrein set is very inefficient, as setting your own hail just for your own purpose, breaking Charizard's sash, as well as hurting your other members. Black belt and Miracle seed are both terrible items on both Hitmontop and Lilligant. Your aggron set really doesn't achieve what aggron is meant to do, and Charizard's sash is broken by ever so common stealth rocks which also maim it's health to 50%.

TL:DR, I cannot change this team without completely rebuilding it. And as suggested, if you must change more than 3 members+, its more likely that the team is far from saving. Instead I suggest you look at

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/

The reason I am referring you, is that you really don't have a clue what you are doing. Not to be offensive, but this team is pretty terrible, so I suggest you look into Battling 101! For your own good, as we all start out somewhere, and aim to get better. For now, I am unable to rate the team, as there are too many changes I can make.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
This team isn't really that good. To be honest, I can't tell the goal of the team. Your walrein set is very inefficient, as setting your own hail just for your own purpose, breaking Charizard's sash, as well as hurting your other members. Black belt and Miracle seed are both terrible items on both Hitmontop and Lilligant. Your aggron set really doesn't achieve what aggron is meant to do, and Charizard's sash is broken by ever so common stealth rocks which also maim it's health to 50%.

TL:DR, I cannot change this team without completely rebuilding it. And as suggested, if you must change more than 3 members+, its more likely that the team is far from saving. Instead I suggest you look at

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/

The reason I am referring you, is that you really don't have a clue what you are doing. Not to be offensive, but this team is pretty terrible, so I suggest you look into Battling 101! For your own good, as we all start out somewhere, and aim to get better. For now, I am unable to rate the team, as there are too many changes I can make.
I agree, this team needs a serious reboot because attract should never be used. Like Ever. Also "Every team needs a physical tank, and who better than a monster made of steel and stone? Actually Bronzong would work much better but owell." was a quote from this RMT. That is an awful way to set up a pokemon you're trying to tell people works for this team. If bronzong fits here better, put bronzong there. as he said, the char+walrein thing just doesn't cut it, breaking your own sash is a bad idea, effectively making the item slot worthless. "On top of that, how many tanks do you know get a stab on ice?" Cryogonal, avalugg, heck even kyurem-b can be used semi-defensively, and they're all ice types. I would take time to rip the rest of this RMT to shreds, and sorryif I'm coming off a little harsh, but this team should not be here. I suggest checking out the RMT building thread, because most of your lines are just filler and not actually relevant to the mon, and i also suggest checking out the link Brawlfest suggested, as it will also help leaps and bounds. Gl with competitive pokemon, welcome to the scene <3

You need more fighting resistance than just charizard or an immunity like chandelure as a replacement due to havin
1 4x weakness 2 2x weaknesses and only 1 resistance

I am ALL FOR using uncommon mons in the UU tier and I'm glad you attempted to do so, but the sad reality is that most of these mons are RU or NU for a reason. Another thing thats strange is that you literally only have 1 UU poke on a UU team, and you said it yourself... I feel like your trying to go way too "anti meta" without putting the appropriate amount of thought into it. half of the common mons in the UU tier would wipe this team out 1v6, namely heracross, zapdos, togekiss, raikou, victini, darmanitan, etc. I cant offer help without having to destroy and rebuild the team from scratch, as it doesnt seem like you know what kind of team this is...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)