(MC) Middle Cup Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this tier actually exist on Smogon's PO server?
Probably not.

Also I've been trying fun sets with fun teams. I've been thinking about a Sun team using Heat Rock and a bulky setter.

Here's my set:

Skiploom @ Eviolite
Trait: Leaf Guard
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Moveset:
-Substitute
-Rest/Synthesis
-Leech Seed
-Cotton Guard

It's kinda simple switch in to wall something Sub up Cotton Guard, become unbreakable with Leech Seed + Synthesis/Rest.

Heya, dropping in cause of me being a big-time competitor in MC, and although due to a loss am lol'd at, I'm willing to give a spiel about MC.

FIRST OFF, I've been compiling the main standards of the tier. Right now I have two set in stone and tested, if you guys care:

Golbat
Ability: Inner Focus
Item: Eviolite
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 248 HP, 12 Atk, 248 Spd
-Brave Bird
-Taunt
-Roost
-Toxic

Standard Lead Golbat. Golbat is boss with this set. Trust me on it; everyone back at Serebii runs this, and we lol at other leads.

Monferno
Ability: Blaze/Iron Fist
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature:Adamant
EVs: 12 HP,248 Atk, 248 Spd
-Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
-U-Turn
-Close Combat
-Thunderpunch, lol Iron Fist incompatible.

Doubt this set? Uturn on stuff like duosion, krokorok, even Kadabra. That typically OHKOs or gets close to. CC and FB are high-powered STABs for awesome, and Thunderpunch is mainly for hitting Wartortle. honestly, you just have to see it to believe it.

ALSO, EVs work like "4= one Stat IF first EV +1 Stat, then 8= one stat EV"

Ask me other stuff, I've got around 50 MC battles under my belt as of now.

dammit, where'sthe light ball when you need it?

with that pikachu would became the Deoxys-A of MC.(well, amybe not THAT good, but still)

HURRY WITH THE SINGING EVENTIN THE US, NINTENDO!!

dammit, where'sthe light ball when you need it?

with that pikachu would became the Deoxys-A of MC.(well, amybe not THAT good, but still)

HURRY WITH THE SINGING EVENTIN THE US, NINTENDO!!
Not quite. Too many things laugh at its horrible defenses and still lame offenses. Chansey, ground types, etc.

Pikachu isn't Deoxys-A. Deoxys-A outspeeds the entire non-scarf'd tier with 150 Speed. Pikachu has 90 Speed, so its easy bait for stuff like Electabuzz.

That said, Pikachu has an immunity to switch on, so its possible to run Scarf Pikachu lol, making it somewhat unique... but Pikachu loses like most of its appeal from not running Light Ball.

That said, Pikachu has an immunity to switch on, so its possible to run Scarf Pikachu lol, making it somewhat unique... but Pikachu loses like most of its appeal from not running Light Ball.
Lol, the immunity is the only thing going for it. Specs would be better, too, because 50 is lol, and it's not like yer gonna do a lot with it, and you won' outspeed anything you wouldn' win against. Magmar beats it, Ebuzz beats it, 'ferno beats it, heck, Wartortle probably beats it. It's just a hilarity. Lol.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pikachu is worthless without Light Ball. Its only way of beating Scarf Gabite (whom everyone should carry) is Agility on the switch and Hidden Power Ice (or just Hidden Power Ice on the switch if you're a master predictor). Magneton giggles at Pikachu, setting up Substitute and Charge Beaming away (it's not very hard to beat Pikachu even with resisted hits). Pikachu doesn't even get Focus Blast as a coverage move. Seriously, Pikachu is pure hype and can easily be worked around.

Pikachu is worthless without Light Ball. Its only way of beating Scarf Gabite (whom everyone should carry) is Agility on the switch and Hidden Power Ice (or just Hidden Power Ice on the switch if you're a master predictor). Magneton giggles at Pikachu, setting up Substitute and Charge Beaming away (it's not very hard to beat Pikachu even with resisted hits). Pikachu doesn't even get Focus Blast as a coverage move. Seriously, Pikachu is pure hype and can easily be worked around.
lol, we know chu is worthless. of course, so is Gabite: Look at Magmar, Zweilous or Magneton to see the top threats, and all three have a variant which can OHKO Gabite. Gabite is really worthless, and lol Magneton shouldn't use Charge Beam. ResTalk Discharge/Tbolt and Flash Cannon/ HP Fight is annoying as heck.

BTW, I saw something about an MC group you run? mind posting a link? I wanna know what goes on there. larger group of people=better sets. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)