Gallade @ Galladite
Trait: Jusitified
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Att / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, - Sp. Att)
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt

Gallade is 1 of the main Pokemon that gave me the idea of building a Doubles team around. The role on the team is to be a solid Physical Attacker. Its purpose it to be a Mid/ Late game sweeper. Zen Headbutt is the only Psychic move that I felt would be the best choice for this moveset. Although I feel like it doesnt get put to as good use as I think it should. I feel like there can be a better option.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
Evs: 4 HP / 242 Att / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Att, - Sp. Att)
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Bisharp is my second main Pokemon that gave me the idea of building a Doubles team around. I feel like Bisharp and Gallade do exceptionally well with eachother. Life Orb was chosen to maximize his Attack. Iron Head is use for Fairy Coverage since I seem to have a problem with Fairy types (Especially Azumarill). Im pretty happy with the moveset as it seems to take care of my problems.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
Evs: 4 Def / 252 Sp Att / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+ Spe, - Att)
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Sacred Sword
- Hidden Power (Electric)

Keldeo's role is to mostly take care of Fire/ Flying types. Scald is Keldeo's main STAB move. Hidden Power (Electric) to take out flyers. I mostly use him to Counter Charizard and his mega form. Also to sweep Walls. And another pokemon I use agianst Belly Drum Azumarill.

Venasaur @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
Evs: 200 HP / 252 Sp. Att / 56 Spe
Modest Nature (+ Sp. Att, - Att)
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Venasaur's role is being a Tank. Stalling with Protect after Leech Seeding and hopefully posioning with Sludge Bomb. Giga Drain provides STAB and Health Recovery. Black Sludge to also give small amounts of Health to him. I dont use his Mega Stone because I prefer to have Gallade be my teams Mega. So I figured Black Sludge would be a perfect replacement. Poison type to also take care of Fairy Types.

Suicune @ Chesto berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Att)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Suicune is a very bulky Pokemon. Although its one of my favorite I am looking for a replacement (Please feel free to suggest). Calm Mind will boost your Sp. Atk and Sp. Def. Rest will heal you, and Sleep Talk will either attack your opponent or Set up even more. Scald over Surf because I usually have a good chance of burning the opposing Pokemon and although its slightly less powerful. With a few Calm Mind Buffs it doesnt even matter.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Sp. Att
Calm Nature +Sp. Def, - Att
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

ParaFlinch Togekiss always does its job in almost every battle I place him in. But as well as Suicune im also looking for a Pokemon that might be a better replacement. Serene Grace boosts your chance of Paralyze with Thunder Wave and Flinching with Air Slash. Aura Sphere for type coverage. Roost for Recovery. Im not too sure if the Ev's its currently at is the best option so if you feel this is a good suggestion for my team please feel free to offer your advise about a new Ev Spread

I feel like the Team does relatively well. But I also feel it could be better. Im kinda new at Competitve Battling. Ageislash seems to destroy me quite often.
Please feel free to help me. And I hope this thread was done the correct way so it doesnt get locked.\
Thank you.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Hello, and welcome to doubles! Your thread could get locked for description length; your descriptions should be at least three lines long to help raters know the reasoning of your picks. Besides that, your sets and evs could use a little brushing up, and you're notably weak to talonflame, thundurus, and amoonguss, some extremely common threats in doubles.

Gallade+bisharp is a pretty fun core in theory, as they cover each other's counters fairly well. Since that's what you originally built the team around, we'll stick with it, but just keep in mind that gallade is generally a waste of a mega slot and can be replaced with keldeo or (nonmega)blaziken with few drawbacks.

Zen headbutt is very necessary on gallade, allowing it to beat amoonguss and keldeo. With double knock off, you really shouldn't have an aegislash weakness, so your problem may have to do with how you play rather than the actual team.

Your bisharp is missing evs, the extra should go into attack.

A better check than keldeo for flying/fire is rotom-wash, who actually isn't weak to flying, a pretty desirable quality if you ask me. The scarf set also outspeeds and ohkos lando and diancie, who are very relevant threats, so let's go with that. Trickscarf and bisharp should be enough for you to deal with full trick room and aegislash. Also, you can trick scarf to belly drum azu or just volt switch off for damage.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 204 HP / 108 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

I'll post the rest later, it's getting a bit late. Of course, any other dubs player will probably help you out if I forget.

Oh whoops sorry I meant to type 252 Att for Bisharp.

Thank you so much. So who do you think I should replace for Rotom Wash? Keldeo?

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
yes, replace keldeo with washtom. I should have been clearer when I mentioned it.

Besides that, nonmega venu is pretty awful outside of sun. Amoonguss is a better choice because of regenerator, bulk, and spore.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Besides that, crocune doesn't work in doubles because stall is inherently awful when you can double target or just ignore a stallmon. It uses tailwind and snarl much better to aid in speed control and beat all sorts of special attackers like aegislash and kyube. This spread outspeeds and ohkos lando under twind with the rest in bulk.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 112 SpA / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Snarl

also your togekiss should have follow me over aura sphere because you don't really need fighting coverage while follow me is very useful for protecting your frailer attackers. A better spread is calm 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD to survive bisharp iron head.

Im asking if i should replace Suicune and not use Gallade with mega stone and instead leave slot open for another mega

Yellow Paint

working as intended
B101 Leader
Since you decided to build around gallade, we're not supposed to replace it as that would violate the original purpose of the team. However, if all you care about is having a better team, a good swap would be mega metagross instead of gallade, heatran instead of suicune.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Both of these enjoy support from washtom, while the mons themselves can be win conditions against many teams.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I mean, if you were going to use Mega Gallade you'd probably prefer Offensive Thundurus > Keldeo to reduce a Fairy-type weakness, as well as have a better matchup versus Flying-types, bulky Waters, priority Taunt, and lastly for the ability to snipe unsuspecting Diancie who come in expecting a bulky set. And then swapping Venusaur out for Talonflame or Heatran depending on if you would rather have the defensive backbone of Heatran or the hyper-offensive qualities of Talonflame, and lastly switching Togekiss for Wide Guard Aegislash should resolve several of the problems of building around Gallade.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Taunt

No HP Ice because between the Tailwind Suicune that Pastelgameboy suggested, Life Orb Bisharp, and Wide Guard Aegislash all being on the team, Landorus-T is not actually that big of a threat. Taunt was used in place of Thunder Wave because Mega Gallade has a disgusting matchup versus Trick Room, and any team with it naturally skews towards an offensive play-style that doesn't force enough pressure to beat Trick Room with brute force alone.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Protect
- Tailwind

Standard Talonbird; Tailwind was opted in place of everything else so as to reduce the burden on Suicune. Personally, not a fan of Overheat on Talonflame because at least Flare Blitz lets you donk bulky Thundurus-I hard, but apparently Overheat is "in". Steel Wing over Tailwind is an option as well as another answer for Diancie, and Taunt is an option as well if you want to free up space for Thunder Wave on Thundurus.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Option over Talonflame to give the team a more "defensive" backbone, and also provides a nice win-condition versus certain builds such as Sun (which is an annoying matchup), and Trick Room to an extent. Speed creeps Adamant Lando-T under Tailwind, and honestly 200 Spe SubTran is not bulky enough in my opinion (just Life Orb those ones, honestly).

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Standard Wide Guard / Weakness Policy Aegislash, the speed investment creeps Diancie under Tailwind, though who keeps Diancie in on Aegislash? Wide Guard is actually really useful as this team struggles versus common spread moves such as Diamond Storm / Rock Slide, Heat Wave, Earthquake, and Hyper Voice. Aegislash also provides another Trick Room check and excellent defensive typing in conjunction with the rest of the team.

v_v

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)