ORAS Ubers Mega Mawile + Dual Primal (peaked #1)

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my first RMT. I have been playing this tier for a while using teams i found on the forums and youtube, but this time i decided to make a team on my own for the first time and reached #1 with it.

Proof of Peak: http://prnt.sc/d6dyvj

Teambuilding Process

Mawile was the first mon i picked because i wanted to build the team around it, i knew it could only do limited things, but i still went with it anyway

Next i picked Primal Kyogre, because Mawile baits in things like Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh and Kyogre deals with them pretty well

Next i picked Primal Groudon as my rocker and an answer to Ferrothorn, which walls Mawile and Primal Kyogre, it is also my switchin to opposing Kyogres

I picked Scarf Xerneas as my Darkrai answer and for killing faster threats like Mega Mence, Rayquaza and Deoxys Attack

At this point Ekiller was looking like a huge threat, so i added defensive Yveltal as an answer, it also deals with Arceus-Ghost, Giratina-O variants without Draco Meteor and Mega Kangaskhan

Lastly i picked Giratina-O as a defogger to make Yveltals life easier, it is also my Primal Groudon switchin

The Team

Mawile-Mega (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass
As i said before, i wanted to build the team around Mawile, so for starters, i went with the standard SpDef set. The Evs allow it to live any hit from a +2 Xerneas and proceed to knock it out with Iron Head in most cases. Sometimes it didnt kill and i had to go for Sucker Punch afterwards to pick it off. Sucker Punch also helps vs faster threats like Mewtwo, Deoxys and picking off weakened foes in general. I rarely found my self clicking Play Rough to be honest, because dark types like Sableye and Yveltal(unless it has heat wave) switch out most of the time and i end up going for baton pass which is another great move on Mawile. Because everything that walls Mawile, mainly fire and steel types like Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, Skarmory gets beaten by my Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. So a baton pass on a predicted switch allows me to throw off a heavy hit.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Rest
The speed EVs allow me to outspeed Geo Xern before it can set up and hit it hard with Scald. Also some Primal Groudon sets with 240 speed which i came across a lot. I kept scald over Origin Pulse because it still hits really hard and there is always a chance to burn. Ice beam is there to hit Primal Groudon on the switchin and hits Giratina-O, Lati twins for some decent damage as well. Thunder is there for Lugia, Arceus-Water, Yveltal. I wasnt sure about the last move, so i went with Rest to deal with fat teams that rely on status a bit better. Although not having sleep talk really sucks sometimes.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
I decided to go with a more offensive set since i have a Mawile in the back for Xerneas. Stealth Rock is a must for every team. Fire Punch is mainly there for Ferrothorn. Precipice Blades hits all grounded pokemon extremely hard. Rock Slide is there mainly for Ho-Oh because it is one of the biggest threats to this team. The 96 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed most Ho-Ohs, standard Pdons with 230 Speed and standard Primal Kyogre as well. I had Thunder Wave as the 4th move at first but decided to replace it with Rock Slide to deal with Ho-Oh a bit better.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
Standard Scarf Xerneas with only Moonblast as the attacking move so that i get it everytime i click Sleep talk. Its my sleep fodder for Darkrai. Pretty standard, however i am using a timid nature with max speed instead of modest to outspeed Mega Mence at +1 and knock it out with moonblast. Xerneas also helps to revenge kill Rayquaza and Deoxys-A.

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
The given EVs allow Yveltal to live any +2 hit from Ekiller(Other than life orb stone edge) and knock it out with foul play. Toxic hits Xerneas and some support Arceus forms as they love to come in on Yveltal. Roost is there for recovery. Yveltal can roost stall Mega Kangaskhan for days unless it has power up punch. I was having a hard time picking between taunt and sucker punch, in the end i decided to go with taunt because i liked the taunt+toxic combo vs fat teams. It also stops Klefki on the switch.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 Def / 244 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Defog
I picked Giratina-O as my defogger. I decided to go with the special attacking set. Draco Meteor hits everything really hard while Twave+Hex deals with mons that resists/immune to Draco such as Klefki and Xerneas. Hex+Twave helps vs various support Arceus forms as well.

Conclusion

That concludes this RMT , hope you guys enjoyed reading it. Constructive criticism is appreciated,I know the team has its flaws so suggestions would be appreciated.

Mawile-Mega (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 Def / 244 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Defog

Even though i have Groudon and Kyogre to kill it, i dont have an actual switchin, Yveltal can deal with it in certain scenarios, but its still not reliable

Yveltal takes every hit other than a +2 life orb stone edge

Last edited:
Hi and congratulations on your peak! although Mega Mawile is not that common I'm glad to see a cool, decent and creative team with it.

The lack of Flying resist might be a headache for you since there are many powerful and threatening birds such as Ho-Oh (which is a huge threat as you've already mentioned), Mega Salamence, Rayquaza etc. As an answer for them you have to send Primal-Kyogre which offers the Fire-type moves immunity but POgre doesn't really help against Flying-types. Brave Bird from Ho-Oh can 2HKO nearly everything and Double Edge from Mega Salamence at +1 can easily OHKO it.
To fix this issue, I want to recommend you to take out Primal-Kyogre and use Arceus-Rock instead. Rockceus provides a great and solid flying coverage, it works as an excellent check of the aforemetioned threats, forcing them to switch out while gaining momentum. In addition to this, the Calm Mind set on Rockceus gives the team more offensive presence and makes Arceus-Rock even more effective; Refresh over Will-O-Wisp is a very good option since Rockceus hates status and this also improves the match-up vs Hex teams.
Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover
- Judgment

Small suggestions.
  • Consider the following EVs on Primal-Groudon 152 HP / 224 Atk / 44 SpD / 88 Spe. The SpD investment allows you to deal in a better way vs Xerneas while the 88 Spe is to outspeed opposing Arceus support and even PDon in a case of emergency.
  • Use Charti Berry on Yveltal as it allows you to survive Stone Edge from Ekiller or PDon.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team! :toast:

Hi and congratulations on your peak! although Mega Mawile is not that common I'm glad to see a cool, decent and creative team with it.

The lack of Flying resist might be a headache for you since there are many powerful and threatening birds such as Ho-Oh (which is a huge threat as you've already mentioned), Mega Salamence, Rayquaza etc. As an answer for them you have to send Primal-Kyogre which offers the Fire-type moves immunity but POgre doesn't really help against Flying-types. Brave Bird from Ho-Oh can 2HKO nearly everything and Double Edge from Mega Salamence at +1 can easily OHKO it.
To fix this issue, I want to recommend you to take out Primal-Kyogre and use Arceus-Rock instead. Rockceus provides a great and solid flying coverage, it works as an excellent check of the aforemetioned threats, forcing them to switch out while gaining momentum. In addition to this, the Calm Mind set on Rockceus gives the team more offensive presence and makes Arceus-Rock even more effective; Refresh over Will-O-Wisp is a very good option since Rockceus hates status and this also improves the match-up vs Hex teams.
Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover
- Judgment

Small suggestions.
  • Consider the following EVs on Primal-Groudon 152 HP / 224 Atk / 44 SpD / 88 Spe. The SpD investment allows you to deal in a better way vs Xerneas while the 88 Spe is to outspeed opposing Arceus support and even PDon in a case of emergency.
  • Use Charti Berry on Yveltal as it allows you to survive Stone Edge from Ekiller or PDon.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team! :toast:
Thanks for the rate Arii, will definitely try out the changes you suggested ^_^

sad react

+1 mence blows through your team if rocks are up. you might wanna do something about that by taking something like arceus rock/ground/water. other than that, this is a pretty cool team. Grats on peak

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 339-399 (74.5 - 87.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

sad react

+1 mence blows through your team if rocks are up. you might wanna do something about that by taking something like arceus rock/ground/water. other than that, this is a pretty cool team. Grats on peak

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 339-399 (74.5 - 87.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
thats why i kept scarf timid xern to outspeed +1 mence, never had any trouble with it so far, people always stay in thinking they outspeed, but i guess adding arceus-rock is good for the team in general, as it helps vs Ray and Ho-Oh as well

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)