ORAS Ubers Mega Mewtwo X + Deoxys A

Hello!
Ubers has been my meta of choice lately, and after messing around with a variety of different teams, I have settled on this one, built around MMX and Deoxys-A. The aim of the team is to remove priority (especially M-Kangaskhan), and faster mons to allow Deoxys to sweep. I like the team, but I seem to have hit a wall regarding laddering, and I don't seem to be able to pass 1500 elo. I'm not sure if it's my battling skills or the team that causes this though. Anyway, on with the team!

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Polish

Almost every team needs rocks, and mine is no exception. Focus Sashes and Sturdy are the bane of my existence. Groudon is one of the best SR setters out there, and that's why he's on my team. Precipice Blades is a monstrously powerful STAB attack that I'll use if I predict a taunt. Thunder Wave is to cripple mons that try to set up on me, and Rock Polish is to beat M-Diancie and Blaziken. I run Jolly nature to outspeed other P-Don and P-Kyogre, as even offensive sets tend to run Adamant/Modest.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 112 Atk / 140 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch

Mega Mewtwo X is an incredibly useful mon, but is not very commonly utilised, so almost everyone expects a Mewtwo Y. It's purporse is to remove M-Kangaskhan and Ekiller for Deoxys, and P-don for Xerneas. Low kick is my main attack, which OHKOs EKiller Arceus, M-Kangaskhan and Dialga. Ot also does a solid 40/50% to P-Don and 70-80% to P-Ogre. Rock Slide is for Ho-Oh, which often thinks it can switch in, and Ice Punch is for M-Mence and Rayquaza. Taunt is very useful for stall breaking and often forces defensive mons to switch out. The defence EVs are to always live a +2 Espeed from Arceus after rocks.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 100 Atk / 172 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed

The original centre of my team, Deoxys is here to clean up a weakened team. Psycho Boost is a massively powerful STAB attack, that lands many neutral OHKOs. Its SpA drop is not too annoying on an otherwise physical set. Low Kick is also very powerful, without the troublesome stat drops of superpower. Knock cripples mons that need their items, and is also very good coverage. ESpeed is to finish of crippled mons, and to play mind games with Sucker Punch enemies.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Geomancy

Xerneas is a secondary sweeper that has very good synergy with Deoxys A. This is pretty much a standard GeoXern set. Geomancy + Power Herb massively boosts stats. +2 Moonblast OHKOs most things, and Thunder is there to hit Kyogre. HP Ground is for Groudon and Aegislash. (I always seem to miss Focus Blast) Almost everyone will predict a Geomancy when I switch in, so often going for moonblast first nets some free damage. Most of the time I won't try to set up until I'm sure I can sweep, because Power Herb means that Xerneas can only set up once.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force/ Shadow Claw
- Defog
- Swords Dance

I'm not entirely sure about Arceus. I needed a Defogger that wasn't completely dead weight offensively, but I didn't want to use Lati@s because I already have two psychic types on my team. Any replacements would be welcome. Extreme Speed is STAB and allows this set to revenge kill very effectively. I can also use it to sweep if necessary. The second move is ghost type coverage. I'm debating between Shadow Claw(1 turn but weaker) and Shadow Force (Powerful but two turns is annoying) since I sometimes feel like I need the extra power, but having the opponent switch in a normal type is beyond frustrating. Defog is to clear Hazards, I tend not to defog just rocks, and only against hazard stacking teams, since I have nothing particularly weak to SR. Swords Dance is to allow Arceus to become a powerful wallbreaker/sweeper. The bulkier EVs and leftovers allow Arceus to survive longer to defog, and make it easier to set up.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Genesect is my scout and general check for fast mons. Iron Head is a powerful STAB attack that has an 81% chance to OHKO GeoXern after Rocks. U-Turn is for scouting, and to deal with Deoxys A/S and M-Mewtwo Y. Ice Beam hits Salamence and Rayquaza, and is useful when I get a SpA boost. Explosion is to take out set up opponents and to allow a free switch.

So that's the team! I'd appreciate any constructive feedback you might have.

Hi there, not a bad team! You've got a good bunch of wall breakers along with some nice offensive power. However, coupled with this are also a few huge factors from preventing you breaking that 1500 ELO rank.

Primal Groudon: Unfortunately, the set just doesn't fit well with both the rest of the team and the pokemon itself. You're sitting on the wall between bulk and setup; mainly skewed towards bulk I'd say. I highly recommend changing rock polish to rock slide. This enables you to at the very least be able to hit flying and levitate pokemon, which otherwise would have completely walled out your Groudon. With this comes a pretty big change in EV's; 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD, with an impish nature. This set is great to counter those physical powerhouses commonly seen in Ubers such as Primal Groudon, Choice band Ho-Oh, Arceus-Normal and Mega Salamence.

Mewtwo-Mega-X:
A near-perfect set I'd say, personally however I'd invest 252 into attack and 4 into defense.

Deoxys-Attack: Once again, sitting on the wall here. I use Deoxys as an all out attacker, which works amazingly in dealing heavy damage. If I were you, I'd use the following set; It allows for heavy damage and coverage, whilst focus sash keeps it useful for more than one turn.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off

Xerneas: Great set, all except for a few thing. Replace hidden power ground with sleep talk. This allows for easy switch ins against Darkrai, which otherwise poses to be a big threat to your team. Moonblast and hidden power ground both still 2-KO Primal Groudon and Aeigislash after geomancy, meaning there's no proper reason to have hp ground. I'd also suggest running aromatherapy over focus blast. Helps out an immense amount against prankster Klefki.

Arceus: I really like this bulky E-speed killer set; it'd work wonders against checking other E-speed killers which are usually invested in speed. Use shadow claw over shadow force, as shadow force gives the opponent an easy opportunity to switch if it is available. Also, over two turns, shadow claw would output more damage either way, and also gives you a chance to adapt if they switch. I'd also replace defog with earthquake for Primal Groudon and Klefki coverage.

Genesect: I would completely scratch it for Latios.

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden power fire

Personally, Sould Dew Latios fits the team really well. Soul due as well as powerful psychic and dragon moves give it great STAB, hitting extremely hard. Hidden power fire provides decent coverage for steel types, and works wonders against Genesect. I've put defog as it was moved from Arceus and neeed to fit somewhere in your team.

Anyway, that's all from me! Best of luck :)

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The combination of Xerneas, Primal Groudon, EKiller, and Deoxys-A along with your mandate of utilizing MM2X doesn't offer much room for steering this team in a unique and effective direction. Pretty much the best you can do without replacing MM2X is to trade in Genesect for a good offensive Steel and Water resist: Dialga. From this your overall structure has one less Ground immunity than it wants, but at least MM2X sort of covers EKiller. The resulting build is just a less-than-optimal Deoxys-A + Dialga HO.

The only other option I see without removing MM2X or committing to robust structure changes is to replace Genesect with Latios (covers the need for a Water resist and Ground immunity). You are left without a good sleep absorb (unless Xerneas set is altered) and you end up stacking a lot of offensive Psychics, which makes switching into things like Darkrai and Ghost / Dark priority a nuisance. Mega Salamence is also more problematic as compared to the Dialga iteration while the EKiller set ends up being torn when deciding between Stone Edge (help prevent Mence setup) and Shadow Claw (try and offset Arceus-Ghost and Gira-O problems). A further step from this could be replacing Deoxys-A with Darkrai, but there are still issues in this arrangment. Either way, you're probably looking at replacing Genesect, fixing various Pokemon sets, and being left with a less-than-fantastic HO team.

You may have to go up to 248 Def investment on MM2X to ensure security against worst case scenario EKillers (Adamant LO + SR). Your Primal Groudon EV spread cannot handle Xerneas adequately and needs to be changed to something along the lines of 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe / Adamant. The Xern EV spread doesn't make much sense and the coverage move choices are not the best options for this team. Cleaning up the IVs and going with an EV spread along the lines of 208 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe / Modest would be better here. Arceus-Normal should pretty much never run Defog, especially when using Swords Dance. The moveset here needs to be Swords Dance / Shadow Claw / Earthquake / Extreme Speed and benefits from a maximum Speed EKiller.

Summary:
- Replace Genesect with Dialga
- Increase defensive investment on MM2X
- Change the Primal Groudon EV spread to 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe / Adamant
- Change Primal Groudon to a setup set
- Change the Xerneas EV spread to 208 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe / Modest
- Optimize Xerneas coverage options
- Change EKiller moveset to Swords Dance / Shadow Claw / Earthquake / Extreme Speed
- Run maximum Speed on EKiller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)