Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Quiet
Mummy
252 HP/ 252 Def./ 4 Sp. Attk
-WoW
-Shadow Ball
-TR
-Protect

Defensive Sweeper; great way to set up TR and inflict Mummy status to any upcoming physical damage. Main threat to the entire team are *Knock Off*+Guts users, and Cofagrigus can eliminate such threats by inflicting the ability and crippling them down with WoW and Protect while regaining health from leaftovers. The EV spread is carried more towards Defense so it can survive any strong physical sweepers at half health after leftovers.

Sableye @ Sableite
Relaxed
Prankster
252 HP/ 180 Sp. Def/72 Def
-WoW
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-Dark Pulse

Physical Wall; Sableye's HA ability can inflict as many threats with WoW and still live even at half health. At Mega Evolution any such status inflictions are shut down and with TR up it can start spreading damage with Dark Pulse. Dark Pulse>Shadow Ball due to Normal types completely shutting it down. EV spread is to ensure that it can survive a special attack without a Calm Mind but still stick towards focusing its main physical threat.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Quiet
Stance Change
252 HP/ 252 Sp. Attk/ 4 Def.
-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-Flash Cannon
-King's Shield

Aegislash is the overall Special Sweeper in the team, always Substitue at the 1st turn while activating its Weakness Policy if hit by a super effective attack and begin the sweep; if there are any priority users who haven't been inflicted with burn alwaysU King's Shield for the massive Attack drop. EV spread is for the high defensive stat at its original form and high special attack damage input.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Calm
Frisk
252 HP/252 SpDef/ 4 Def.
-WoW
-Night Shade
-Toxic
-Pain Split

Special Tank; with the help of Eviolite it is hard to take down and with Fire Type physical sweepers ignoring the secondary burn effect Toxic+Pain Split can turn things around quick. Dusclops's main job is to spread status infliction and have the rest of the team cleaning up. The EV spread covers any Special sweepers to do maximum damage and with the help of WoW it doesn't need any Defense investment.

Jellicent @ Quick Claw
Relaxed
Curse Body
252 HP/ 252 Def./ 4 Sp. Def.
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Scald
-TR

Defense Sweeper; Jellicent's main focus is to shut down any Fire types and Dragon types that come to play. With its high Defenses Curse body can activate and prevent any threat to the team while regaining health with Recover if needed. EV spread is to survive a Sucker Punch or a Knock Off that can do a significant amount towards Jellicent and have a chance to activate its ability and Recover in the next turn when TR is up.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid
252 Sp. Attk/ 252 Spd./ 4 HP
Cursed Body
-Blizzard
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
-Taunt

Special Sweeper/ Suicide Bait; Froslass is great to shut down common Physical Sweepers such as Garchomp/Landorous-T/Dragonite. It can also cancel any set ups with Taunt while being taken down in the next turn with Destiny Bond. Curse Body helps incase the Pokemon is Scarfed or has used a priority move (if activated). EV spread is to do as much damage input before it gets KO'ed the next turn.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Your team does not follow RMT rules. If you don't want your thread to be locked by an admin, make your member descriptions longer than 3 lines.

Mono ghost isn't too viable, but maybe if you added more fast offensive ghosts like chandelure and gengar you could do a bit better.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
I personally don't feel any Mono team is competitive but if it's for Mono Doubles I'll give you my rate anyways.

I'd like to suggest you change your Jellicent's item to a sitrus berry so it is able to stick around longer. Leftovers aren't generally preferred in doubles as things don't stay around long enough to make use of the gradual recovery. Right now you have a Quick Claw which is extremely luck dependant and not the wisest option to rely on.

Furthermore running Toxic in Doubles seems unwise as well, things don't live long enough to suffer it's effects. You'd be better off just doing damage with an attack. And although your dusclops is a bulky mon, without protect there is nothing to stop your opponent from ganging up on it. So I suggest Protect over Toxic.

My final suggestion is Gengar over Froslass. This gives you a better contingency plan if your troom isn't kept up or it runs out. Gengar is an extremely powerful ghost with beautiful coverage, although frail. It also has ground and normal immunity helping you with Mega Kanga and the sort. It's speed tier outruns many threats, such as base 100s running around (char-y and friends). I'd recommend the following set:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb/Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Protect is there for scouting obviously, forcing choice scarves to lock, and to simply protect yourself as your partner fires shots off.

Shadow ball is your typical stab which is extremely dangerous with life orb and his high SpAttk.

Focus Blast is for Heatran, a common threat in doubles and even more so in Monotype.

The last move is a toss up. Sludge Bomb has a nice secondary poison chance and is another stab, but Sub gives you great protection. If you sub on a forced switch or a predicted.protect this gives you much more staying power.

Another option is Will o wisp, but your team has enough of this as it is.

I've read the RMT rules, but if you want me to add more description on the team Ill do so. The team revolves under Trick Room; there's not enough Ghost types that can be fast enough and make it alive on the 1st turn without the help of Focus Sash. Froslass is the only Pokémon that can work around this team due to it's ability and a bait to take down an opposing Pokémon. I agree that Mono Ghost isn't viable but I'm a Ghost Type Gym Leader in a Facebook group and it definitely works, any criticism would be appreciated :) so thanks.

The whole point behind an RMT is the gather the cumulative knowledge of the community to give insight to the person by pointing out weaknesses, offering suggestions or replacements, or by giving knew insight for the team.

However, since you seem reluctant to make any changes and seem to only want critiques, I'll gladly give you some that will hopefully give you perspective.

You seem to lack knowledge of both the doubles and Trick Room metas. The former is a fast paced meta, where stall and setup sweepers are almost non existent, so the most imperative status is Will-o-Wisp, and you'll occasionally see Thunder Wave for speed control. Trick Room is also a strategy that is fast paced by nature, and it's also a strategy that's weak to stall.

However, to have a successful Trick Room in general, not just in doubles, you have to meet specific requirements, one of which you do not. That requirement being: you must be able to successfully set Trick Room during multiple stages in the battle. Your team cannot do that. For one, you have no way of bypassing Taunt, the type itself shares a common weakness, and you have nothing to mitigate the doubling up on the Trick Room setters, such as Follow Me. The team itself is incredibly weak to top threats in the doubles metas, such as Gengar(Shadow Ball+ Taunt), Gengar+Bisharp, and Thundurus. Furthermore, every Trick Room team benefits from a member that can function outside of Trick Room, such as Gengar, in this case. This is true even in doubles. I've used Trick Room in various tiers with various formats, and I can say that a single round of Trick Room can be more than enough to guarantee a win for the battle, especially in doubles, but you have nothing outside of Aegislash that offers immediate power.

In conclusion, I would say that you are either going to have to reevaluate your battle format, or you are going to have to be more accepting of the advise that is being given to you, as you seem to be shrugging off suggestions rather than taking them into consideration, which invalidates the purpose of the RMT forums.

The whole point behind an RMT is the gather the cumulative knowledge of the community to give insight to the person by pointing out weaknesses, offering suggestions or replacements, or by giving knew insight for the team.

However, since you seem reluctant to make any changes and seem to only want critiques, I'll gladly give you some that will hopefully give you perspective.

You seem to lack knowledge of both the doubles and Trick Room metas. The former is a fast paced meta, where stall and setup sweepers are almost non existent, so the most imperative status is Will-o-Wisp, and you'll occasionally see Thunder Wave for speed control. Trick Room is also a strategy that is fast paced by nature, and it's also a strategy that's weak to stall.

However, to have a successful Trick Room in general, not just in doubles, you have to meet specific requirements, one of which you do not. That requirement being: you must be able to successfully set Trick Room during multiple stages in the battle. Your team cannot do that. For one, you have no way of bypassing Taunt, the type itself shares a common weakness, and you have nothing to mitigate the doubling up on the Trick Room setters, such as Follow Me. The team itself is incredibly weak to top threats in the doubles metas, such as Gengar(Shadow Ball+ Taunt), Gengar+Bisharp, and Thundurus. Furthermore, every Trick Room team benefits from a member that can function outside of Trick Room, such as Gengar, in this case. This is true even in doubles. I've used Trick Room in various tiers with various formats, and I can say that a single round of Trick Room can be more than enough to guarantee a win for the battle, especially in doubles, but you have nothing outside of Aegislash that offers immediate power.

In conclusion, I would say that you are either going to have to reevaluate your battle format, or you are going to have to be more accepting of the advise that is being given to you, as you seem to be shrugging off suggestions rather than taking them into consideration, which invalidates the purpose of the RMT forums.
Rule #2) "We recommend at least three (3) lines of description for each Pokemon. Having three lines is not absolutely mandatory anymore, but it's a good guideline to gauge if you have written enough"

Jirachee

Forum Guidelines -REQUIRED READING (updated 2014-10-22)

Have I missed an update? :) Ed Wins you should read the updated rules for RMT.

Rule #2) "We recommend at least three (3) lines of description for each Pokemon. Having three lines is not absolutely mandatory anymore, but it's a good guideline to gauge if you have written enough"

Jirachee

Forum Guidelines -REQUIRED READING (updated 2014-10-22)

Have I missed an update? :) Ed Wins you should read the updated rules for RMT.
I never stated that you needed to add more detailed descriptions to your sets. In fact, my whole reply was wholly dedicated to the team and your attitude toward these forums.

As usual, you shrug off advice by failure to properly grasp the conceived notion of the statement at hand, because everything follows a linear manner, and nothing exists outside your omnipotent bounds of A, B, and C.
As usual, you have illustrated an RMT for the sole purpose of showing off your genius, competitive mind, when you are, in fact, doing the opposite. You are completely wasting everyone's time, as you clearly have no interest to improve the team, the strategy, or your overall skill.

If a mod sees this, it would be a good idea to let you know that locking the thread would be a good idea, as OP perpetually posts RMTs in different mediums for the sole purpose of bragging.

I never stated that you needed to add more detailed descriptions to your sets. In fact, my whole reply was wholly dedicated to the team and your attitude toward these forums.

As usual, you shrug off advice by failure to properly grasp the conceived notion of the statement at hand, because everything follows a linear manner, and nothing exists outside your omnipotent bounds of A, B, and C.
As usual, you have illustrated an RMT for the sole purpose of showing off your genius, competitive mind, when you are, in fact, doing the opposite. You are completely wasting everyone's time, as you clearly have no interest to improve the team, the strategy, or your overall skill.

If a mod sees this, it would be a good idea to let you know that locking the thread would be a good idea, as OP perpetually posts RMTs in different mediums for the sole purpose of bragging.
I'm not bragging at any point about my team, there is a reason its here. Unlike other Mono Type teams, Ghost types are by far the hardest to work with due to speed being the major issue ( disregard, Mega-Gengar and Gengar /Froslass/Gourgeist/ Chandelure) If anything, it would be better to see what others have a thought about any such mono teams. As I recall, I can take the criticism that I chose. Crestfall and you have given actual criticism, and I apologize for not posting my forum with Rainbow colors, animated Pokemon and color coded description of every little detail on why each Pokémon is set that way to make it stand out. I don't know who you are or why you think you know me but keep your replies relivant to your criticism or the post :) Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)