Monotype Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Doubles, a popular and very entertaining metagame. However, lately there have been a handful of players trying to use monotype teams. But because there is no Monotype Doubles, they must play in Smogon Doubles, where they are mercilessly crushed and beaten. Now, OU Monotype is a very fun game mode and definitely adds that dream of "if you could be a gym leader, what would your team be and what type?". Well I know many people find it very fun to try to create a team using only your favourite type. Thinking of these two separate game modes, why not combine them and make a brilliantly fun to play style I call... Monotype Doubles.

Using the best of both worlds, this metagame adds a new challenge. It's fairly straightforward, the only rules being those of Smogon Doubles, with the simple addition of the rule that all 'mons in your party must share a single type. Now this idea may have been submitted before, and if it has I apologize, for I have not seen it. This metagame is simple to code and create, and could potentially be a popular metagame. I know I have seen numerous times players using monotype teams in Smog' Doubles. Or at least trying to, since these players are always always crushed.

I know I consider myself to specialize in Doubles, and I really enjoy playing OU Monotype. So if this metagame could at least be given a chance, it would go very appreciated, and besides, adding a new metagame can only increase popularity on Showdown! Thank you for reading and I beg of you to at least give it a chance. Thanks again!

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
You have to get Other Metagames approved in the Other Metagame Submissions forum, post it there instead.

Did you get approval. All metagames need to be apporved of by(Arcticblast, DTC, Joim, The Immortal, and Treecko. Enjoy your day and welcome to Smogon Other Metagames.

EDIT:Ninja'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)