Pokemon: Magneton (no eviolite)
Niche: DPP Ubers
Stats: 75/60/85/105/85/135
Type: Electric/Steel
Abilities:
Analytic
New Moves: Ice Beam, Flamethrower
Removed Moves: Explosion
Description: Magneton's only niche in DPP Ubers was that, since Magnezone was 10 points slower than it, it could use Choice Scarf to revenge kill mons that Magnezone couldnt, so i gave it a huge speed stat and Ice Beam and Flamethrower to emulate its use of HP Ice/Fire, but nerfed its defenses, spatk, and i also gave it an useless ability due to it effectively having BoltBeam coverage, with STAB in one of them, and Volt Switch, so now its a decent Specs mon with BoltBeam and a pivot move that can be taken care off by bulky mons that can take its hits, or Scarf mons who outspeed it and could easily ko it due to its poor defenses
:rs/hypno:
Pokémon: Hypno
Niche: ADV UU (Special Wall, Wish Passer)
Stats: 100/73/70/93/125/67 (528 BST) (+15 HP, +20 SpAtk, +10 SpDef)
Type: Psychic
Abilities: Insomnia/(Immunity)
New Moves: Fire Pledge, Teleport, Toxic, Wish
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot

Descriptions: Hypno in gen 3 UU used to be a very important special wall as its bulk and lack of relevant weaknesses made it perfect for taking on many of the metagame's special attackers while also not being unthreatening on its own by threatening Toxic while having Psychic to damage poison types. However, it's worth noting that, during Hypno's prime, ADV UU did not use Toxic much which is why it was seen as a sturdy wall. After some changes in the metagame, its crippling weakness to poison was exposed and it fell out of favor. This submission is based off of ADV Hypno at its best though, with Immunity being a great option to allow it to function against its most dangerous enemy. It even allows it to somewhat bypass Gengar's Neutralizing Gas as Immunity will cure it as soon as Ngas stops being active. Some stat adjustments allows it to be more fitting for a higher powerlevel with more bulk and higher Special Attack to make it less passive. Since it's reliant on Wish, I gave it access to Teleport so it doesn't turn into the do-nothing wall that is Umbreon in current gens while Fire Pledge can simulate Fire Punch and threaten Steel types trying to block Toxic. Overall, Hypno fills the role of a much needed Special Wall, dealing with some of the threats that were introduced in the first slate, notably Starmie, Dragonire and Venusaur. However, with its mediocre physical bulk and reliance on Wish, it retains weak points that other pokemon will be able to take advantage of.
wow, legally distinct gengar
:sm/gastly:
Pokémon: Gastly
Niche: SM LC (Special Wallbreaker (no eviolite)
Stats: 80 / 65 / 60 / 120 / 90 / 110 (515)
Type: Ghost / Dark
Abilities: Levitate
New Moves: +Aura Sphere
Removed Moves: none

Descriptions: lil bro think he flutter mane. Gastly and his whole family have always been frail extremely offensive wallbreakers, and SM LC Gastly (the most recent LC where Gastly is even legal) is no different. In that tier, Gastly excels because of its fast Speed and excellent Special Attack. This Gastly replicates that with some extreme stat buffs (as is expected for any LC). Aura Sphere is because SMLC Gastly's most common third slot was Hidden Power Fighting. Aura Sphere is higher BP than that, but we're giving buffs.

horse it down
:gs/rapidash:
Pokémon: Rapidash
Niche: GSC NU (Sunny Day Attacker)
Stats: 90 / 100 / 90 / 110 / 85 / 105 (580)
Type: Fire
Abilities: Daymare / Flash Fire
Before using a Fire-type attack, this Pokemon sets Sunny Day.
New Moves: +U-Turn
Removed Moves: None

Descriptions: Fear not, fans of my Moltres sub that was unfortunately killed because it was for the wrong metagame, I found a pokemon that does the same thing but in a lower tier! Not much to say here. It does the same thing that my Moltres did, just it's a horse instead of a bird. It combines the roles of sun setter and sun abuser with Daymare boosting its strong special attacks to nuclear blazes. This will maybe end up being more viable without a 4x stealth rock weakness maybe. Gave it pivoting like Moltres had since that's always good for pretty much any mon.
:sv/mewtwo-mega-x:
Pokémon: Mewtwo
Niche: XY Uber (Physical Attacker)
Stats: 86 / 115 / 100 / 64 / 95 / 90 [BST:550]
Type: Psychic / Fighting
Abilities: Steadfast / Sword Of Ruin(HA)
New Moves: Close Combat
Removed Moves: Agility
Descriptions: A different take on mewtwo where i turn it into mmx. Mewtwo never had physical set-up moves or priority so running a broken ability in place of a sky high attack stat is forgivable.
:life-orb:Life Orb:life-orb:
Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Sword Of Ruin
EVs: 112 Atk / 144 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

:choice-band:Choice Band:choice-band:
Mewtwo @ Choice Band
Ability: Sword Of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
1690911041474.png

Congrats to the winners! Feel free to discuss the winners until we decide on the next slate. Details will shortly follow. The two slates will be coded once DH is updated, for those who are curious about playability.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mewtwo is broken as hell.

Magneton adds a potent offensive pivot with a solid defensive profile thanks to its typing. Ice Beam will be very good as well for future Ground types. I expect this Pokémon to be a fearsome menace to face for offensive teams everywhere.

Hypno adds a really solid SpD wall that pairs with PhysDef Venusaur very well to create a potent core. I ex0ect this duo to be quite the headache for teams to break past in the immediate future, but Dark types may pose a threat later on.

Gastly is an interesting Pokémon. Its relationship with its parent Gengar will be interesting to see unfold in the development in the tier. Gastly has the very clear type advantage, but Gengar's bulk and access to annoying utility like Sleep Powder may just prove annoying to face. That being said, Gengar will most likely be strictly utility based now that Gastly is here, based on my own humble prediction.

Rapidash is hot. Fire Blast and Overheat will be its most prized possessions, allowing it to almost always guarantee Sun is uo when it clicks an attack. This also makes stuff like future dedicated auto weather setters lives alot harder thanks to them losing the weather war if it clicks a Fire move. On the flipside the usual suspects in said weather war resist Fire.

The first slate outside of Venusaur is rapidly aging imo, time will tell if the next Generation or two will support or further dethrone the og titans.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
imma do a sub review even though i’m gonna probably screw it up
:magneton: i feel like you could’ve added a somewhat better ability such as static but other than that, this is a neat sub
:hypno: also a nice sub that has nice defensive utility and a core with venusaur
:gastly: very interesting sp attacker with a very odd defensive typing. this plays a lot like sv gengar but this works
:rapidash: this is a really nice sub and sooo hype. setting up sun when attacking is quite powerful and this looks amazing imo
:mewtwo-mega-x: lol i’m not saying shit bout this

sub review yayy

:magneton: will be a really good offensive pivot with its speed and coverage. also i feel like analytic is a good fit on this guy. while, yes, it wont activate often because of magneton's speed, it still activates if the foe makes a hard switch. it's a pivot that you dont wanna pivot out of
:hypno: looks fun to build with. it's a special wall wish passer that's not complete setup fodder. of course, pure psychic type isnt the greatest defensive type because of the ghost bros, but it's better than in base game bc of stuff like :machamp: and :venusaur: running around
:gastly:is one i dont have much to say about. i like how he has basically 0 weaknesses in multiverse so far unless if :starmie: or :hypno: decide to run dazzling gleam. i also want to pair this with :gengar: for ghost spam
:rapidash:is something im pretty hyped over. it's pretty crazy that we already have a sun pivot, and it's only slate 2. daymare overheat gonna go hard
:mewtwo-mega-x:lmao sword of ruin

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:magneton: - Probably my favourite sub. The defensive utility and high speed allows it to come in on more Pokemon and threaten them out with its attacks. Thunderbolt and Volt Switch are great STABs and when combined with Ice Beam, Flamethrower and with its other STAB FLash Cannon, it can threaten out a lot of the metagame. For G-Luke, I will talk positively about Analytic. While in a 1v1, it is useless, it does power up moves when it uses them on a switching opponent and you remember that Magneton is fast and has great coverage so it can easily do that. Specially defensive Venusaur checks it pretty well and so do Chromato Starmie and specially defensive Hypno to an extend but the latter two lack the moves to really threaten it in return. Overall, really solid Pokemon. Big Fan.
Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam / Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower / Flash Cannon

:hypno: - Hypno is also nice. FuturePort is generally a nice move combination to have and it can also pass wishes to its teammates. Additionally, it is immune to Toxic and its ability to tank special hits is really nice considering that Gengar, Starmie, Venusaur, Rapidash and Magneton can be difficult to check. Sadly, this is where it kinda ends. FuturePort is nice but it lacks Regenerator to reliably do it and necessatiting Protect to heal itself is a bummer. Additionally, being a specially defensive Pokemon that is weak to Gastly limits your teamslot and it is also a Psychic that does not check current Fightings. Now yes, they lack coverage to hit it, however they hit it and do decent damage and Hypno has to Wish to recover the damage. Machamp is still a fine match-up but Mewtwo is a big sack of shit I'll talk about later. Overall, a nice Pokemon but has its significant flaws.
Hypno @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Wish
- Fire Pledge / Protect / Toxic
- Teleport / Protect / Toxic

:gastly: - I'm so glad this Pokemon cannot use the Eviolite, so I can just delete its evolutions from the code. Anyway, really cool mon. I was scepticle about adding a prevolution to an existing Pokemon but luckily Gasty is vastly different from Gengar. Ghost/Dark with Levitate has amazing defensive utility and it can use that to come in and wreck stuff with its Specs or LO Nasty Plot sets. Scarf also works since it's naturally strong and Trick helps it with defensive walls. Speaking of which, defensive counterplay is pretty much restricted to Venusaur and Dragonite, the latter being hit by Aura Sphere. It hits harder than Magneton on switch, since it has no Analytic so Venusaur can has an easier time coming in and Giga Drain is nice in that 1v1. Scary Pokemon but will be more manageable in future slates since there are actually Dark-types in Gen 2 and beyond.
Gastly @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Trick

Gastly @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

Gastly @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot

:rapidash: - Gonna be real with y'all, this Pokemon will either be a good enabler of Sun or be dogshit, it's just too early to tell. It is overall a solid Pokemon though. That bulk with Morning Sun is really nice and can be utilised, especially with access to WoW to mess up physical attackers. Also faster than all of them (low bar though). Its offensive sets are where it shines though (haha get it). Special sets have stronger Fire STAB and Solar Beam for Waters (currently just Starmie) but Physical sets have stronger U-turns and High Horsepower for better Ground coverage. Morning Sun is nice in Sun. Starmie checks physically offensive versions pretty well while Hypno and Venusaur check the specially offensive Pokemon pretty well. Dragonite checks both sets but all off them have issues. Starmie fears Wild Charge and Solar Beam, Dragonite fears WoW and Play Rough and Venusaur gets nuked by physical sets and special sets need a bit of chip to 2HKO while Hypno lacks reliable recovery, although WishTect can accumulate Leftovers and stall out Sun. Pretty solid Pokemon right now, but I don't know how it will do later on.
Rapidash @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Daymare
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Horsepower
- U-turn
- Morning Sun

Rapidash @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Daymare
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scorching Sands
- Solar Beam
- Morning Sun

:mewtwo: - *sigh* Alright, let's do this. This Pokemon is uncheckable. First of, yes there are three Pokemon checking its STABs. Starmie, Hypno and Gastly to pretty well. The issue is that it is powerful enough to mess those up. I was initially thinking of Choice Scarf or Bulk Up sets, but honestly Life Orb AoA sets are uncheckable as well. Even if it does not sweep you, it creates massive holes in the team, so that a Gastly or Dragonite can sweep late game. If the opponents answer is Gastly or Starmie, you can Trailblaze, outrun them and finish off with Thunder Punch. It has no coverage against Hypno and Machamp hits it harder but Hypno cannot do anything against it, outside of Toxic so if it is SubBU and you don't expect that GG. I honestly dislike this mon and I have idea how I missed it. Cannot wait for half of the Gen 2 subs to be physically defensive Psychics to check this thing. Venomoth ass thing all over again.
Mewtwo @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat
- Trailblaze / Bulk Up
- Thunder Punch / Bulk Up

Last edited:
Slate 3: Back to Business
:sv/wobbuffet::sv/hitmontop::sv/tyranitar:
In this slate, you can submit and vote for up to seven Pokémon. Regions will no longer be divided into 2 slates. Good luck!
OU
Ubers
UU
RU
NU
PU
LC

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:gs/houndoom:
Pokémon: Houndoom
Niche: gs ou - pursuit
Stats: 85 / 80 / 80 / 110 / 80 / 95 | 530
Type: Dark / Fire
Abilities: Shadow Tactics (This Pokemon's Dark-type moves use its Special Attack in damage calculation.)
Movepool: Houndoom's GS movepool + Sucker Punch, Blitzkrieg (Pursuit clone)
Description: potent pursuiter who can trap gengar/gastly (or force the former to explode) and hypno.

:rs/tyranitar:
Pokémon: Tyranitar
Niche: rs ou - ddance, mixed, pursuit, band?
Stats:100 / 134 / 110 / 125 / 60 / 71 | 600
Type: Rock / Dark
Abilities: Sand Stream
Movepool: Tyranitar's ADV movepool + Blitzkrieg (Pursuit clone)
Description: with 50 spd it gets a bit more than 100 spd in sand to replicate sand not boosting rock spd in gen 3. this extra 50 is added to spa to give it niches in mixed sets and some in spe to improve its ddance speeds.

:dp/meganium:
Pokémon: Meganium
Niche: dp uu - physical wall, sd
Stats: 80 / 122 / 90 / 63 / 100 / 80 | 535
Type: Grass / Ground
Abilities: Overgrow / Intimidate
Movepool: Meganium's DP movepool + Horn Leech, Power Whip
Description: your average physically defensive grass who can do good chip damage with leech seed and/or set up with sd.

:bw/crobat:
Pokémon: Crobat
Niche: bw ou - stallbreaker, band
Stats: 95 / 100 / 80 / 70 / 80 / 130 | 555
Type: Poison / Flying
Abilities: Aerilate / Infiltrator
Movepool: Crobat's BW movepool + Poison Jab, Switcheroo
Description: effective stallbreaker due to unblockable super fang and fast taunts, or powerful choice band user who unfortunately cannot hit rocks or steels very well.

:xy/steelix:
Pokémon: Steelix
Niche: xy uu - tank
Stats: 75 / 125 / 200 / 45 / 105 / 20 | 570
Type: Steel / Ground
Abilities: Heavy Metal / Sand Force
Movepool: Steelix's XY movepool
Description: effective rocker due to great bulk and damage output. it also hits the one spinner in the tier se if it goes for chromatophore by just spamming eq, granted even without that it doesnt have much physbulk

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:ss/skarmory:
Pokémon: Skarmory
Niche: SS UU
Stats: 65/80/140/40/70/70 (465 BST)
Type: Steel/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Sturdy/(Filter)
New Moves: Eh
Removed Moves: Nah

Descriptions: This is just Skarmory with Filter. I think this mon is perfect for this meta right now seeing as we have no Flying types, no bulky Steel types and next to nothing when it comes to the hazard game. This is a very simple sub, but I feel like it fulfills so much that we currently lack. We all know what Skarmory does, great typing, great physical bulk and sets hazard reliably, all things that we would love to see in the meta currently. Filter is mostly there to protect it against generally weak coverage options, for example Venusaur's and Hypno's Fire Pledge.

:xy/piloswine:
Pokémon: Piloswine (Eviolite compatible)
Niche: XY NU
Stats: 110/130/90/60/70/50 (+10 HP, +30 Attack, +10 Defense, +10 SpDef) (510 BST)
Type: Ice/Ground
Abilities: Oblivious/Snow Cloak/(Well-Baked Body)
New Moves: Knock Off
Removed Moves: No

Descriptions: Between massive bulk, high Attack and a Fire immunity, Piloswine finds itself as a statistical monster that is both very hard to kill and hard to wall, making it a reliable Tank that can also get Rocks up reliably. However, being reliant on Eviolite comes with extremely serious flaws. Notably, its 130 base Attack, while good, can't be boosted further by another item, meaning Piloswine can be walled fairly easily by physical walls that don't have to fear super effective moves, notably standard bulky Waters. It also makes it very weak to chip damage as it always takes damage from Rocks and Spikes and also can't heal it off using Leftovers. As such, while it may be overwhelmingly hard to kill in the short term, it'll get worn down very quickly unless it has very efficient Wish support or can make Resttalk work. Anyway I figured this would be nice since we have no Grounds and no Rockers.

:sm/mantine:
Pokémon: Mantine
Niche: SM OU
Stats: 85/40/85/100/140/70 (+15 Defense, +20 SpAtk) (520 BST)
Type: Water/Flying
Abilities: Swift Swim/Water Absorb/(Sticky Hold)
New Moves: Flip Turn
Removed Moves: Nah

Descriptions: Bulky Water, bulky Flying, defogger are all nice roles. I gave it higher physical bulk and SpAtk to soften its weaknesses, though you might still run into passivity issues and physical bulk issues. I also gave it Sticky Hold to make it more resilient against Knock and Flip Turn to make it less of a momentum sink. As it stands, there's a lot of Electric coverage flying around, so it may not have the greatest of times, but Mantine's good traits are really good, so it should come in handy.

Last edited:
:sv/Sunkern:
Pokemon: Sunkern (no eviolite)
Niche: DPP LC
Stats: 90/120/80/80/70/60
Type: Grass/Fire
Abilities:
Solar Power | Chlorophyll
New Moves: Wood Hammer, Leaf Blade, Ice Spinner, Bitter Blade
Removed Moves: Trailblaze
Description: Sunkern isnt good in the slightest in DPP LC, but someone, for some reason, wasted valuable hours of its time in creating a set for Sunkern, not a joke set, but an actual one, it is still trash, but its all the poor guy has, the set is a trick room swords dance set, which i tried to translate here, but since we dont have any trick room setters, or trick room viability in general, i thought that translating it into a sun sweeper, since we recently got a sun setter, would be good enough, and even out of sun is decent too, its whole thing here is that since it is pitifully slow in DPP LC, trick room was basically its best bet, which it would use to try outspeed its opponents to try and hit it with, if it managed to get a swords dance up, hit them with a life orb boosted seed bomb or return, which it didnt, so here is one of the slowest offensive mons, but with a big physical attacking stat, access to Swords Dance, STABs in Wood Hammer, Leaf Blade and Bitter Blade, and coverage in Ice Spinner, the last two based in its use of HP Fire and Ice on its set, and gave it the Fire type also because of that, and to help it with its sun sweeping capabilities, and in Sun, combined with Chlorophyll, it removes its main weakness of its speed, and if it also manages to get a Swords Dance up, it can be a terrifying sweeper, but still has other weaknesses, it is checked by Gengar, Dragonite when not running Ice Spinner, but without sun, it is offensively checked by a bunch of things if it tries to switch in due to its middling bulk

:sv/Wooper:
Pokemon: Wooper (no eviolite)
Niche: BW LC
Stats: 110/100/90/60/70/60
Type: Water/Ground
Abilities:
Water Absorb | Unaware
New Moves: Ice Spinner
Removed Moves: -
Description: Wouldnt it be funny if Wooper was our bulky ground type :), Wooper's niche on BW LC was being a tank that pressured the opponent with STAB moves (or Ice Punch), since it had a great typing, good movepool and great abilities, all balanced out by bad stats that got a bit better with eviolite, it was a quite valuable glue, but was quite underrated due to being checked easily by Ferroseed and Frillish, two of the best mons on the tier, here it basically does the same, but better! Gets a big hp stat, with decent defenses and good attack, it also gets Ice Spinner as a better option from Ice Punch, and can now set up Spikes and Rocks

:sv/Magcargo:
Pokemon: Magcargo
Niche: DPP UU

Stats: 105/70/140/90/90/40
Type: Fire/Ghost
Abilities:
Flame Body | Earth Eater
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Night Shade
Removed Moves: Shell Smash, Hidden Power
Description: Magcargo was a DPP NU mon, but seems to have found itself a niche on UU, due to its typing, which is regarded as its weakest point, fit perfectly on the tier, having key resistances on it, aswell as a great support movepool, it was a small niche due to its typing still being bad, so here it will still retain its defensive role, with new tools like its horrible rock typing being replaced with the Ghost type to make its niche as a wall better since it has a plethora of resistances, and gaining access to Earth Eater to make its decently defensive typing even better, and now having access to Night Shade or Lava Plume to pressure enemy mons, and still retains its great movepool, with moves like Will-o-Wisp, Yawn, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Clear Smog and Recover, being able to counter the likes of Phys Dragonite, Non-Stone Edge Machamp, Phys Rapidash and some Mewtwo sets (guy is getting nerfed to the ground), and punish those mons with burns from Flame Body if it runs it, but still being decently weak on its special side for a tank

:sv/Yanma:
Pokemon: Yanma (no eviolite)
Niche: RSE NU
Stats: 75/115/70/90/65/125
Type: Fighting/Flying
Abilities:
Maneuvers/Dazzling | Sturdy
The user is inmune to hazards

New Moves: Drill Peck, Brave Bird, Close Combat
Removed Moves: U-Turn, Roost, Hidden Power

Description: Yanma is a powerful late-game sweeper in RSE NU due to its access to Speed Boost and Reversal, aswell as its inmunity to Spikes, but held back by its horrible typing, and since it was a Reversal sweeper, it was weak to priority, so i thought it would be fun to bring a Reversal sweeper back, since they were a big part the old gens, specially RSE, and they have sadly fell off due to many factors that i tried to fix with this guy, even out of Reversal sweeping its a decent mon, it has good STABs in Close Combat, Drill Peck and Brave Bird, it is one of the only mons in the meta capable of countering Venasaur reliably, as well as dealing huge damage to many of the mons here like Gengar, Machamp, Chloro Starmie, Dragonite, Hypno and Gastly, but if any of them survive one hit or outspeed it, it gets ohko'd easily due to its paper defenses, and has access to great abilities without counting its Reversal capabilities, but when going with Reversal, it has many tools at its disposition, it can use Maneuvers as its ability to emulate its inmunity to hazards in gen 3 by also being inmune to Stealth Rock now, which lets it switch in safely, even at one hp, and can use Heavy-Duty Boots to emulate it, or could also use Dazzling to prevent priority from hitting it, or Sturdy to maximize its Reversal damage, while being able to live one hit from something, and activate a Liechi or Salac Berry, it can emulate it with Focus Sash, but cant equip a berry to itself then

:sv/Unown:
Pokemon: Unown
Niche: BW PU
Stats: 80/75/100/90/100/110
Type: Psychic
Abilities: Blank
Gen 8 Protean
"Before the user attacks, it changes typing to the same type of its attack"

New Moves: Flamethrower, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Sludge Wave, Moonblast, Earth Power, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Bug Buzz, Dragon Force, Judgement, Aura Sphere, Cloud Blast, Paleo Wave, Flash Cannon
Removed Moves: -
Dragon | Special | 95BP | 15PP | 100% Acc
30% chance to lower the opposing Pokemon atk by 1 stage

Flying | Special | 90BP | 23PP | 100% Acc

Description: I thought it would be fun to make a Pokemon around a joke set, i missed my opportunity with DPP OU Kakuna, but i thought it would be fun to make one out of Unown, like, Unown absolutely does not have a niche in BW PU, but it does have an article and a set, so im guessing it counts, the reason for using specifically BW PU, was because it used more than one Hidden Power type, so i thought it would be interesting to do something around Hidden Power, since Hidden Power can be any type, i gave it Blank and one special move of every type, a decent speed tier, and decent bulk, but to balance it out, a small SpAtk stat for an offensive mon, now its a good wallbreaker, capable of adapting to most walls on the meta, having BoltBeam coverage, but only that, no status moves, nor pivot moves, nor boosting moves, just offensive moves

Last edited:

G-Luke

:ss/kingdra:
Name: Kingdra
Niche: SM RU
Stats: 95 HP / 95 Atk / 95 Def / 105 SpA / 95 SpD / 85 Spe | BST: 570
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Sniper | HA: Damp
Move Additions: Snipe Shot
Move Removals: N/A

Kingdra adds a solid offensive Water type with great defensive utility, providing teams with an offensive answer to Rapidash. It can run Rain Dance sets to be self sufficient, or it can run variants of classic CritDra. Not much else to add, Kingdra goes hard.

:bw/smoochum:
Name: Smoochum
Niche: BW LC
Stats: 75 HP / 65 Atk / 55 Def / 114 SpA / 105 SpD / 111 Spe | BST: 525
Type:

Abilities: Snow Warning
Move Additions: Aura Sphere, Thunderbolt, Healing Wish
Move Removals: N/A

Smoochum In BW LC was primarily used to spam powerful Blizzards while using Choice Scarf as a revenge killer. Unfortunately, Choice Scarfs hold a lot more weight in LC's metagame, so traditionally speaking if one wants to be a revenge killer, you want to be naturally fast. So here, Smoochum gets Snow Warning so it can reliably click its own Blizzards, while 111 speed is crafty and useful for dodging the two Ghost type breakers in the tier, giving it the opportunity to revenge kill both. Aura Sphere replicates Hidden Power Fighting, and Thunderbolt gives it useful coverage for Water types. Healing Wish is finally an option to justify the viability of Scarf sets to reference its own og set. Nasty Plot is also a mentioned set, and Smoochum can di that well, while having the distinct advantage of actually being able to break past Hypno.

:GS/Raikou:
Name: Raikou
Niche: GSC OU
Stats: 80 HP / 85 Atk / 80 Def / 115 SpA / 100 SpD / 110 Spe | BST: 570
Type:

Abilities: Legendary Beast*
Move Additions: Deep Sleep*, Surf, Aurora Beam
Move Removals: Volt Switch, Scald
(Based on Raikou's Gen 8 Movepool)
Legendary Beast - Pokemon without this ability have their Atk and SpA multiplied by 0.75.

Deep Sleep - Psychic | Status | - Acc | 16 PP | Fully restores user's HP and puts user to sleep for 2 turns. If this move is rolled by Sleep Talk, the user's HP is fully restored and the sleep counter resets.
Raikou is...interesting. In GSC, Raikou was a premiere Pokémon thanks to EVs being maxed out everywhere, making it Bulky, fast and powerful all at once. This sub aims to replicate that, with Legendary Beast raising its bulk on both sides. It gains Surf and Aurora Beam to replicate its access to decent Water and Ice coverage in Hidden Power. Deep Sleep bolsters its longevity and allow it to serve as a tank just like it used to in Gen 2. Calm Mind sets are troublesome to face, but CroKou sets run the problem of being hard countered by Grounds, while more offensive variants are prone to be worn down. This sub definitely takes advantage of passive game play, and forces players to be more proactive in how they target it (or run a sturdy Bulky Ground), as CM can snowball if you let it get free CMs. While Raikou is famous for its 115 speed, I felt it necessary to lower its speed, giving the metagame more existing threats to revenge kill it, and making later additions alot easier to comfortably revenge it. Please dont be scared of Legendary Beast + Deep Sleep, enough means to break past mons exist now than in Gen 2.‍

Last edited:

Weaseling its way in
Niche: ADV UU - SDance or Choice Band Sweeper
Type:

Abilities: Inner Focus, Justified
Stats: 60 | 118 | 60 | 50 | 80 | 135 [BST= 503]
Movepool Changes: +Close Combat, Leaf Blade, High Horsepower, -All Dark moves
Custom Move: Shadow Sickle |
| 90 BP, 10/16 PP, 100 Acc | 20% to lower the target's Defense by 1 stage.​
Description: Despite what Weavile may tell you, its prevo was a pretty good UU mon in ADV, with a stellar speed stat, access to Swords Dance, and decent coverage options, but Sneasel really hurt from both of its STABs being Special at the time. All of this is replicated here with a whopping 135 base speed, new coverage options such as cc and High Horsepower, and lacking physical Dark options.
Note that this Sneasel sub is Eviolite-compatible, but it has pretty lackluster bulk & typing so I don't think it will be problematic.

bugging out rn
Niche: DDP OU - Choice or SDance Attacker, Priority Spam
Type:

Abilities: Swarm, Technician
Stats: 70 | 130 | 100 | 55 | 80 | 65 [BST= 500]
Movepool Changes: -Defog
Description: It's Scizor.

We here love waters at every size
Niche: BW RU - Bulky Pivot/Special Attacker
Type:

Abilties: Compound Eyes, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb
Stats: 125 | 58 | 63 | 86 | 86 | 67 [BST= 485]
Movepool Changes: + Fire Pledge, Grass Pledge, Parabolic Charge, Scald, Wish
Description: Lanturn really appreciated the introduction of STAB Volt Switch in BW for slow pivoting... that didn't stop it from dropping to RU lol, mostly because although it is fat, its only form of reliable recovery is Leftovers, which in modern generations isn't very desirable. With the addition of Wish, Lanturn can now do better at both staying healthy and pivoting to teammates. Not only did its bulky sets get buffed but its offensive sets with Compound Eyes, allowing it to fire accurate Thunders and Hydro Pumps. Can check Dragonite w/ Ice Beam, and Volt Absorb sets tank Magneton very well.
Also it ate ViZar's sub, oops

The Owl House (2020)
Niche: SS PU - Special Wallbreaker
Type:

Abilities: Tinted Lens, Gale Wings
Stats: 100 | 50 | 64 | 101 | 102 | 68 [BST= 485]
Movepool Changes: Custom Move: Downdraft |
| 90 BP, 10/16 BP, 100 Acc | 20% chance to lower the target's Speed by 1 stage.
Description: Noctowl gained a pretty nasty tool in gen 8 via, erm, Nasty Plot, which combined with Tinted Lens and Dynamax allowed it to output some serious damage against opposing teams, ultimately getting it banned (at least for a time) from PU. The addition of Downdraft gives Noctowl a Flying STAB that is not only more consistent than Hurricane, but can also lower the target's Speed, kinda sorta but not really mirroring Max Airstream. Also gets Gale Wings for support sets with Roost + prio Defog.

Long live the don
Niche: SV UU - Offensive Utility
Type:

Abilities: Sturdy, Regenerator
Stats: 90 | 120 | 120 | 60 | 60 | 50 [BST= 500]
Movepool Changes: +Close Combat
Description: We don't have a fat ground yet so here's a fat ground - it's Donphan, here to do Donphan things with the utility trifecta of Rapid Spin / Stealth Rock / Knock Off, this time with Regenerator for the recovery it's always wanted, hopefully balanced by the lack of pivoting moves to abuse the ability effectively. Smack the shit out of non-Ice Beam Magnetons and Gengars and GTFO when a Venusaur or Starmie arrives.

Last edited:
:gs/Meganium:
Pokémon: Meganium
Niche: Gen 2 OU (Support/Defensive wall, Swords Dance sweeper)
Stats: 80 HP / 92 Atk / 120 Def / 83 SpA / 120 SpD / 80 Spe [BST: 575]
Type: Grass/Normal
Abilities: Overgrow / Mycelium Might (HA)
[SM (latest) Movepool as base]
New Moves: Sleep Powder

Descriptions: Meganium's best generation was Gen 2 where it was UUBL and viable at OU, before succumbing to the power creep of the succeeding generations. Here it does what it did in GSC, either being a defensive wall that uses various support moves, or a Swords Dance sweeper with a lot of chances to sweep thanks to its fantastic bulk. Normal-typing gives it STAB on Body Slam, its main move on GSC Swords Dance sets. It also grants in an immunity to the powerful Ghost type. Mycelium Might, which ignores the opponents' abilities when using status moves, can be used on support sets to ignore the opponents' abilities for a callback since there were no abilities in Gen 2.

:bw/piloswine:
Pokémon: Piloswine (not :eviolite:-compatible)
Niche: BW NU (Stealth Rock lead)
Stats: 105 / 120 / 115 / 60 / 70 / 55
Type:
Ice
Ground

Abilities: Oblivious / Thick Fat
New Moves: None
Description: tanky stealth rock lead. unlike most leads, piloswine can actually stay in battle for a decently long time because of its bulk and thick fat. ice/ground is an amazing stab combination to have, meaning piloswine has a strong offensive presence as well.
Piloswine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Pokémon: Ursaring (not :eviolite:-compatible)
Niche: SV NU (Guts wallbreaker)
Stats: 90 / 120 / 95 / 70 / 80 / 55
Type:
Normal
Fairy

Abilities: Guts
New Moves: Moonlight
Description: we have no fairy types yet, so i feel like now is a good time to add one. the fairy typing gives ursaring a more spammable stab typing, while moonlight heals the residual health from being burned by the flame orb. ursaring's bulk increases to make up for the lack of eviolite compatibility, although its low speed stays the same.
Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Play Rough
- Facade
- Moonlight

Pokémon: Lugia
Niche: BW Ubers (Fast mixed wall)
Stats: 86 / 60 / 95 / 90 / 114 / 110
Type:
Flying

Abilities: Filter
Removed Moves: Every Psychic-type move except Rest
Description: lugia is very bulky with filter and a good defensive typing, but also a bit passive.
Lugia @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Filter
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aeroblast
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Toxic

:rs/octillery:
Pokémon: Octillery
Niche
: ADV NU (Special wallbreaker)
Stats: 110 / 60 / 75 / 120 / 75 / 40
Type:
Water

Abilities: Arsenal (The user's non-STAB moves do 1.33x damage.)
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder
Removed Moves: Water Spout
Description: octillery gaining arsenal means that it can perfectly abuse the wide amount of coverage it possesses, now with tbolt and thunder to mimic hp electric. octillery also gains a massive buff to its bulk and special attack, at the cost of its attack and 5 points of speed.
Octillery @ Expert Belt
Ability: Arsenal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

:gs/jumpluff:
Pokémon: Jumpluff
Niche: SM PU (Fast utility pivot)
Stats: 90 / 95 / 70 / 55 / 95 / 120
Type:
Grass
Flying

Abilities: Infiltrator / Leaf Guard / Technician
New Moves: Dual Wingbeat, Taunt, Healing Wish
Description: i wasnt a fan of my old jumpluff so i remade it. this time it's based in gen 7 as a pivot with moves such as healing wish, sleep powder, and taunt to support its teammates. jumpluff also gains technician and dual wingbeat so it wont rely on acrobatics for flying stab.
Jumpluff @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Sleep Powder

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
will finish later

:sm/lanturn:
Name: Lanturn
Niche: SM PU (Assault Vest, Bulky Pivot, Choice Specs)
Stats: 125/58/58/91/91/67 (490)
Type:

Abilities: Volt Absorb
SM Movepool:
Move Additions: Fire Pledge, Grass Pledge, Parabolic Charge
Move Removals: -
:assault-vest:Assault Vest:assault-vest:
Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 224 SpA / 132 SpD / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Pledge / Grass Pledge / Parabolic Charge

:leftovers:Bulky Pivot:leftovers:
Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 Def / 160 SpD / 152 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell / Protect

:choice-specs:Choice Specs:choice-specs:
Lanturn @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Pledge / Grass Pledge

Description: Lanturn is meant as an Electric and Water check that does not fear common coverage moves while adding a nice offensive/defensive option for an Electric/Water Pokemon. It has good match-ups against Gastly, Starmie and Magneton while spreading status with Scald or Toxic. AV makes it bulky while allowing it to invest more into its offensive stats to be a better fit on offensive teams. Although, it can also utilise Choice Specs for surprise KOs and it still hits hard even if the surprise is up. Purely defensive sets spread the aforementioned statuses and support the team further with pivoting and Heal Bell.

:xy/celebi:
Name: Celebi
Niche: ORAS UU (Nasty Plot, Utility, Offensive Rocker)
Stats: 95/95/95/95/95/105 (580)
Type:

Abilities: Natural Cure
SS Movepool:
Move Additions: Moonblast
:leftovers:Nasty Plot:life-orb:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Moonblast
- Psychic / Recover

:leftovers:Utility:leftovers:
Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 188 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain / Dazzling Gleam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Perish Song / Stealth Rock
- U-turn / Perish Song / Stealth Rock

:life-orb:Offensive Stealth Rock:life-orb:
Celebi @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Description: Celebi is designed to be swiss army knife Pokemon. It faces competition from Venusaur and it is checked by Venu, but it manages to carve out a niche for itself. First off, it is faster and resists Fighting without being weak to Psychic, making it a good answer to Mewtwo. The speed and a good boosting move in Nasty Plot also makes it a good set-up sweeper. It has coverage issues since it wants STABs and then Psychic for Venu and Earth Power for Magneton, but the former is tasked with dealing with a lot of Pokemon and the latter can be chipped. Alternatively, you can use its utility moves in U-turn, Trick, Stealth Rock, Perish Song and Thunder Wave.

:dp/gligar:
Name: Gligar
Niche: DPP LC (Choice Scarf, Swords Dance, Offensive Stealth Rock)
Stats: 75/95/115/35/75/115 (510) (No Eviolite)
Type:

Abilities: Hyper Cutter / Gluttony (HA)
DPP Movepool:
Move Additions: Dual Wingbeat, Switcheroo
Move Removals: Knock Off
Name: Platinum Berry
Effect: If held by Gligar, heals 1/2 of its max HP when at <=1/4 max HP.
Can Be Knocked Off: Yes
Ignored by Klutz: Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 30 BP
:oran-berry:Offensive Stealth Rock:oran-berry:
Gligar @ Platinum Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat / Aqua Tail
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

:choice-scarf:Choice Scarf:choice-scarf:
Gligar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat
- Aqua Tail / Switcheroo / Defog
- U-turn / Switcheroo / Defog

:oran-berry:Swords Dance:oran-berry:
Gligar @ Platinum Berry
Ability: Gluttony / Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance

Description: Gligar is meant to be a fast-pace Pokemon. Utilising its typing to come in on many moves like Earthquakes, Thunderbolts, Fighting moves and Poison moves. Swords Dance makes it a good breaker with solid stats, Scarf makes great use of U-turn and Switcheroo. Offensive sets with Platinum Berry as form of passive recovery, allow Gligar to be more reckless and still remain healthy to check Pokemon and pivot out with U-turn or setting Stealth Rock.

:xy/granbull:
Name: Granbull
Niche: ORAS UU (Physically Defensive, Choice Band)
Stats: 90/130/95/60/60/45 (480)
Type:

Abilities: Intimidate
XY Movepool:
Move Additions: Slack Off, Knock Off
:leftovers:Physically Defensive:leftovers:
Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake / Knock Off
- Heal Bell / Roar / Knock Off
- Slack Off / Roar / Knock Off

Granbull @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch / Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Description: Granbull was mainly considered for Mewtwo, but outside of the Mewtwo match-up, it is quite nice. It can also check physical Rapidash, physical Dragonite and thanks to its typing, it can check Gastly when it's healthy. Base 130 Atk hits like a truck and while it is checked by Rapidash, Venusaur and Gengar in its defensive set, it wrecks them with a Choice Band set that still remains its defensive utility, especially against Mewtwo.

:ss/ho-oh:
Name: Ho-Oh
Niche: SS Ubers (Defensive, Choice Band, Utility Tank)
Stats: 106/120/95/80/104/75 (580)
Type:

Abilities: Regenerator
SS Movepool:
Move Additions: -
:heavy-duty-boots:Defensive:heavy-duty-boots:
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Defog
- Toxic / Thunder Wave / Brave Bird
- Whirlwind / Brave Bird

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Atk / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind / Flare Blitz / Defog

:heavy-duty-boots:Utility Tank:heavy-duty-boots:
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Atk / 24 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire / Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Thunder Wave
- Defog / Whirlwind / Substitute

Description: Ho-Oh adds a blanket check to a lot of the tier. Gastly, Mewtwo, Machamp, Venusaur and Dragonite. Regenerator and Roost keep it healthy to spread burns and Defog away hazards. If you are confident that you can deny hazards, you can choose to run a Choice Band set that deals immense damage with Sacred Fire and Brave Bird. Whirlwind and Thunder Wave are also great options to deal with set-up Pokemon.

Last edited:
1691156952607.png

Pokémon: Quagsire
Niche: DPP OU - Kyogre Killer
Stats: 105 (+10) / 105 (+20) / 85 / 65 / 85 (+20) / 35 [BST: 480]
Type:

Abilities: Water Absorb
New Moves (Gen 8 movepool as base): Stealth Rock
Removed Moves: N/A

Descriptions: UNAWARE OH NO! Anyway, welcome to Kyogre killer Quagsire. Quagsire is an iconic competitive mon due to its excellent ability Unaware that has stopped the likes of Zacian-Crowned and other powerful legendary Pokemon. Of course, this also means that the sire has had a very interesting history in Ubers and AG, in which it was used as an option to check titans like Zygarde and Necrozma of all things. All of these examples are Quagsire making use of its physical defense, but Quagsire also once was a specially defensive monster too, specifically in Gen 4 where it was one of the best Kyogre checks in the game. Though now in this case I guess it becomes an excellent Starmie check now, but only on offensive Starmie since defensive Starmie can get around Toxic Quag with Natural Cure. Anyway, this is just Quagsire but instead of Unaware, it's Water Absorb. Now it's a premier defensive Ground-type and Water-type that can set hazards, recover, and can cripple the opponent hard. Now that it lacks Unaware tho it can no longer just be a stone-faced wall against offensive teams. Also going to be quite the interesting mon that future proofs any Drizzle mons added *ahem* Kyogre, Pelipper *ahem*
:leftovers:Defensive:leftovers:
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover

:sm/xatu:
Pokémon: Xatu
Niche: USUM RU - Defensive
Stats: 75 (+10) / 75 / 100 (+30) / 95 / 70 / 100 (+5) [BST: 515]
Type:

Abilities: Early Bird, Synchronize, Magic Bounce (HA)
New Moves (Uses Xatu's Gen 7 movepool): N/A
Removed Moves: Hidden Power, Return

Descriptions: Defensive Xatu. Defensive Xatu has been a staple in basically all of the tiers in every gen it's been in, its what Xatu is known for alongside Magic Bounce. I decided to really lean into this, by bumping its defense up way high and giving it a marginally better defensive typing than Psychic/Flying. Xatu barely ever used its Flying-type STAB moves anyway, it actually more preferred to use Heat Wave to hit Steels, which does mean that Xatu indirectly hits harder due to Heat Wave becoming STAB now, but it shouldn't be too much of a threat, and Rapidash already has it beat in the offenses department there. Still, Xatu's expansive movepool can still give it a lot of potential sets that it can run, from dual screens to CM to even offensive Magic Bounce.
:rocky-helmet:Defensive:rocky-helmet:
Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Last edited:
:ss/slowking:
Pokémon: Slowking
Niche: SS OU (Defensive Pivot, Calm Mind)
Type: Water/Psychic
Stats: 95/75/80/100/110/30
Abilities: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator
New Moves: (Gen 8 Movepool) N/A
Description: Slowking but give it teleport and scald back. I have very little to say about this, but it reverses the massacre that happened to Slowbro/king in SV. Big bulky boi that sponges up special hits and lets something in for basically free while threatening burns with scald. It can also run calm mind and sit on special threats for an indefinite amount of time while opening up the possibility of a sweep

:sm/ursaring:
Pokémon: Ursaring
Niche: SM PU (Trick Room Sweeper/Physical Wallbreaker)
Type: Normal
Stats: 110/130/95/65/75/75
Abilities: Guts/Quick Feet/Unnerve
New Moves: (Gen 7 Movepool) Trick Room, Drain Punch
Removed Moves: All moves removed in Gens 8/9
Description: Basically just Ursaluna. 75 base speed is high enough for it to outspeed some slower mons outside Trick Room, and inside of it it can clean up teams almost as alarmingly fast as its big sibling. It has good bulk and can survive a few hits and hit back for a most likely OHKO. Drain Punch allows recovery and ensures that Ursaring does not just faint from burn after a while.

Last edited:
:rs/furret:
walking on the bodies of its foes
Pokémon: Furret
Niche: RSE NU (Wallbreaker)
Stats: 85 / 99 / 91 / 45 / 87 / 101 (508)
Type: Normal / Fairy
Abilities: Frisk / Keen Eye (Tough Claws)
New Moves: +Play Rough, Fuzzy Strike
Fighting - Physical - 130 BP - 100% Acc - 5 PP - 0 Priority - Punching
Fails if the user takes damage before it hits.

Descriptions: Furret has a niche, albeit a tiny one, in RSE NU as a Choice Band user. Basically the only thing that sets it apart from Raticate in that tier is Focus Punch, so Fuzzy Strike is an attempt to replicate that but more viable. Not too much to say about it otherwise, it's just a breaker that uses Tough Claws and Fuzzy Strike for huge base power moves, even off an otherwise unimpressive stat. Also obligatory fairy

:bw/ampharos:
the lighthouse (2019)
Pokémon: Ampharos
Niche: BW NU (Tank)
Stats: 120 / 75 / 75 / 100 / 100 / 55
Type: Electric
Abilities: Lighthouse Heart
This Pokemon's offensive stat is multiplied by 1.5x while using an Electric-type move. (pre-nerf transistor)
New Moves: (Based on BW movepool) +Energy Ball
Removed Moves: Hidden Power (idk if I have to specify this)

Descriptions: Ampharos has a few advantages over its circuitry contemporaries in BW NU. While it is mostly overshadowed by Eelektross (keep an eye out for eel sub for gen 5 slate btw), it has a couple distinct bonuses. For one, it has a higher offensive stat and higher bulk than its associates, something that I replicated here by giving it legally distinct Transistor and greatly buffing its bulk. And for another, it has access to the then (and now) rare Heal Bell. While I'm not sure if this sub would actually use Heal Bell, the niche I'm basing this off of doesn't actually use it all the time, so it's whatever.

:rs/ledian:
obligatory ledian
Pokémon: Ledian
Niche: RSE NU (Dual Screens Setter)
Stats: 100 / 105 / 75 / 55 / 110 / 85
Type: Bug / Flying
Abilities: Otherworldly
Screens set by this Pokemon last 8 turns instead of 5.
New Moves: +Hyperspace Bypass, X-Scissor, Dual Wingbeat
Psychic - Status - 5 PP - 0 Priority
This Pokemon switches out. Its replacement has its highest stat raised by 1 stage.

Descriptions: Ok this is definitely a way stupider sub than either of my other ones but hear me out. Ledian needs the buff. It sucks, straight up. In RSE NU, Ledian's only real niche was setting screens in Baton Pass chains. A problem arises trying to translate that- Baton Pass is banned, as it should be. But what if it was worse and was only on one Pokemon? Set screens (which are boosted by Otherworldly), Hyperspace Bypass out, and you've got a free stat boost! This is probably too broken/stupid but it's worth a shot.

Last edited:
:xy/houndoom-mega:
Niche: XY OU
Stats: 85/90/70/125/85/105 (BST: 560)
Type: Dark/Fire
Abilities: Early Bird / Flash Fire (H: Solar Power)

Descriptions: Partners with Dragonite as it takes care of the ghost bros and magneton. Also partners with Rapidash as a sun setter.

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:ss/hitmontop:
Pokémon: Hitmontop
Niche: SS NU (AV, Physical Spinner)
Stats: 80 / 105 / 100 / 40 / 110 / 60
Type:

Abilities: Regenerator / Intimidate / Technician(HA)
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Recover, Parting Shot, U-Turn, Drain Punch, Iron Head
Descriptions: Can run physdef or spdef. Separates from Starmie because of different attacking stat and typing
Hitmontop @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch / Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- Toxic / U-turn

:ss/houndoom-mega:
Niche: XY UU (NP Set-Up Sweeper)
Stats: 80 / 50 / 100 / 115 / 80 / 90
Type:

Abilities: Flash Fire / Weather Power* / No Guard(HA)
New Moves: Sable Aura, Energy Ball
Removed Moves: Inferno
Descriptions: Instead of running the classic sun abuser route, I'm going with the NP attacker that doesn't need to deal with missing attacks such as Fire Blast or Sable Aura. As such, I removed Inferno because a guaranteed burn is criinge
Weather Power: Boosts Atk and Sp.Atk by 1.5x under any weather, no recoil taken.
Sable Aura: Dark-Type Focus Blast clone
Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Houndoom @ Choice Specs
Ability: Weather Power
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam

:ss/entei:
Pokémon: Entei
Niche: BW RU (Physical Attacker, SubCM, Revenge Killer)
Stats: 115 / 95 / 75 / 110 / 75 / 80
Type:

Abilities: Pressure / Competitive / Combust(HA)
New Moves: Energy Ball, Bulk Up, Hyper Voice, Power Whip
Descriptions: PixiSpeed may seem insane but hear me out. (Well it still might be broken after this but tell me if it is). Entei had suffered in previous gens because of a lack of a secondary STAB move. Well, the first thing that came to mind was PixiSpeed since we don't have a Fire Revenge Killer and Hemogoblin is an example of balanced PixiSpeed.
Combust: Fire-type Pixilate clone

Entei @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Combust
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Extreme Speed
- Energy Ball
- Stone Edge

Entei @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 136 HP / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sub Review 2

:meganium: Not having real Grass Type STAB to use kinda sucks.

Rest seem unique and interesting.

These are all solid subs, and whichever wins would add something positive to the meta.

:sunkern: Not sure how great it is, seems alot more reliant on Weather than most mons are, and I am still not convinced of Sun's overall effectiveness.

:wooper: This is my personal opinion, I don't think an Unaware Pokémon should be as good as a mon overall as Wooper is. Probably grinds progress making to a halt, like this phenomenon has happened in other metagames. Not sure what avenue you would take to remedy that or if it's even necessary, but that's just how I see it.

:magcargo: I don't understand why this is part Ghost, doesn't reference anything about Magcargo.

:yanma: Very solid speed control, I know what point the mon is going for, but I think at least some form of semi reliable fighting STaB would be relevant. Also, not a fan of basically invalidating Dragonite already.

:unown: This REALLY wants stronger attacks and some form of utility. Gen 8 Protean is strong, but imo not strong enough for sub 100 moves off sub 100 Spa to be as great.

:sneasel: I think this should be a little bit stronger since it only has 1 STAB.

:lanturn: Honestly, I think you and ViZar should work together and fuse your Lanturn subs, both have different aspects that are good but flaws that are really annoying and hold it back, and each sub covers each other.

Rest are good

MegaFlare
I don't think Meganium has nowhere near enough good moves affected by Mycelium Might to ever want to use it, and outside of that it's straight worse Venasaur, esp with the Normal Grass typing.

:lugia: Feels passive, and doesn't wall enough imo to bypass that.

:octillery: What does Arsenal do? I think set up would be good for it as well.

:jumpluff: same thing as Lugia

:lanturn: See Beebos

:Celebi: It's a solid defensive utility mon slash bulky fairy, but this thing REALLY wants Moonblast. I heavily doubt the offensive capacities of this Pokémon in both the short and long term.

:gligar: I don't think this should lose Defog, even though I get the idea that this is going for. Scarf just has different requirements and expectations in LC that it does in higher tiers.

:granbull: I think you give this Knock Off and this goes great.

:quagsire: I think this should have some more attack, without Unaware it's alotveasier to take advantage of, and it's role of countering an overwhelming Water type may not necessarily come to pass.

These are OK, though I think Ursaring is better off SDing instead of TR.

Totally Odd
[/spoiler]

Descriptions: Furret has a niche, albeit a tiny one, in RSE NU as a Choice Band user. Basically the only thing that sets it apart from Raticate in that tier is Focus Punch, so Fuzzy Strike is an attempt to replicate that but more viable. Not too much to say about it otherwise, it's just a breaker that uses Adaptability and Fuzzy Strike for huge base power moves, even off an otherwise unimpressive stat. Also obligatory fairy
Funny mon, and the retooling of Focus Punch makes it immediately more threatening of a foe to face moving forward, solid sub.

Not much to add to, solid all around submission, probably could give it a little more HP to handle the ghouls better.

:hitmontop: I think HP should get a modest buff, nothing crazy ofc it's still a Regen Steel, but 65 HP is really bad.

For the other submissions, I fail to understand either of their logic. They seem to heavily differ from their base Pokémon in a way that isn't justified at all, which just puts a kinda sour feeling towards the mon. (Houndoom losing the Dark typing, being sub 80 Speed). Entei is kind of more forgivable because I can technically see an argument for its changes, and the changes aren't AS drastic, but they are barely justified in your sub outside of 'good for the meta', so it would just be very weird for someone just glancing at subs and keeping those themes in mind.

:sm/ledian:
Pokémon: Ledian
Niche: SM PU
Stats: 75 / 85 / 70 / 55 / 110 / 85 [480 BST]
Type:

Abilities: Iron Fist / Simple [HA]
New Moves: Leech Life, Close Combat
Removed Moves: Swords Dance

Descriptions: Based around the joke set Smogon has for Ledian in their SM PU listing. Frankly terrible but the basic gist is to use Power-Up Punch to set attack and deal some damage with various punching moves. Leaning into this with Simple & a revamped stat line, this sub transforms Ledian into a late game cleaner, being able to get +2 Atk from a PUP & +4 Spd from Agility. Current set still lacked much in terms of attacks with threatening BP, so CC should prove as a primary fighting STAB and in turn it can get a higher bp draining move in Leech Life.
Pretty mid overall, but it’s funny. I wouldn’t be surprised if this doesn’t win lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)