ORAS Ubers My first Competitive team! What needs fixed?

I created this team with the idea of using my favorite pokemon (Sylveon isn't going anywhere ;).) while still being competitive. so let me know what could make it better, or who might need to be switched with another pokemon or better move set and what not.

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
Not only is sylveon a great fairy type (and my favorite eevelution) for taking down dragons but with with the STAB advantage and high SpA combined with choice specs, it actually takes out a lot of pokemon that its neutral against especially if the target has lacking SpD. I chose Hidden Power Fire to take out the steel types it is weak to. Of course psyshock if it absolutely has to go up against a poison type. I went shadow ball over baton pass, why baton pass anyway??

Greninja (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
I went with greninja because (sorry he's one of my faves and my first shiny in gen 6) but also because i thought he would make a great sweeper/spiker. I lead with him almost always. I think he really lives up to his ninja image with his spike threats and adaptability of protean. So he's a standard Greninja with hazards tacked on.

Dragalge (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes
Dragalge is a must stay for the synergy it has with sylveon being a poison dragon, good combo in my opinion. He's at the standard set as of now but I want to get rid of toxic spikes but dont know what to replace it with, thoughts?

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
I want to replace Rotom with Mew (my absolute favorite pokemon of all time! :).) but I'm just not sure how to set up a good Mew yet for this team. This is something i need help with. I put him on here just because I've had great luck with him on many teams before. Pain split is just so valuable, and his typing and move set are just amazing.

Gengar (F) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
My mega is gengar because i felt i needed a solid ghost and figured if i needed a mega why not. not entirely certain on him yet though. Destiny bond does come in handy as way to get rid of checks i dont have countered yet. Plus he checks sylveon as well.
Keldeo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
Im not sure about the assault vest yet but yeah i have keldeo as my strong water fighting sweeper. Hidden power electric i felt was a must to check him, since i dont rally need to check greninja since his protean takes care of that. I think as a whole Keldeo, M-Gengar, Sylveon and Dragalge check each other quite well.

So what do you guys think my team needs? I made this team out of love for the pokemon that are in it. Just wish i could find a way to include Mew effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, ur team would work better in ou than ubers (ofc there r pokemon like greninja and gengar which cannot be used in ou, but I hope u get the point) Ubers consists of really strong and fast pokemon, in short, deadly. this is not to offend u, but only to help u.

here's a few links:

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/uber/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...anking-thread-last-updated-post-1153.3535106/

If u still want to continue with ubers, then read those thoroughly. Make a new team, and i'd be happy to rate it. GL and HF!

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Baton Pass on Sylveon
Baton Pass helps Sylveon pivot around and gain momentum for the team, which is useful because Sylveon baits in various Poison- and Steel-types that its teammates can more effectively handle.
To illustrate: Let's say that you have Sylveon in against something it can beat-- Yveltal, for example. However, the opponent has a Mega Gengar in the back that they might switch in on Hyper Voice. This puts you in a sticky spot-- even if you predict the switch-in correctly and KO the Mega Gengar, Yveltal can come back in and force you out because you're locked into Psyshock/Shadow Ball. Since your only Dark resist besides Sylveon is Greninja, who switches into nothing, you're in a pretty bad spot. However, if you can Baton Pass on the switch, you can switch in Keldeo/Greninja/Dragalge, all of which can force out Mega Gengar.

The single biggest problem your team has is having nothing to threaten Primal Groudon. It can switch in on literally everything on your team except Gengar and Dragalge, and proceed to beat something. I'd recommend replacing Keldeo with Primal Kyogre-- seeing as you gave it an Assault Vest, I can tell you're looking for a special wall, and no special walls are better than Kyogre. The problem is that you can't switch into Precipice Blades/EQ, so keep your Gengar non-Mega until it's been defeated.

I did some investigation with Mew, and I came up with this:
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
-Thunder Wave
-Soft-Boiled
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
It's meant as a last-minute check to GeoXern; the EVs help it survive a +2 Moonblast and Thunder Wave back. You absolutely need rocks off the field to check Xerneas (even 252/252+ has a losing roll with rocks) so you need a hazard remover. The attacks are for dragons and Primal Groudon, but of course you can use something like Iron Head.

You might want to replace Mega Gengar with Mega Sableye to help Mew by keeping hazards off the field. Mega Diancie might also work here.

That's all I have. I hope that was helpful!

Reactions: Wob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)