Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition - Cycle 45: Meowscarada (Voting)

HI it’s voting time.

Rillaboom + Grassy Seed Hoopa-U Trick Room Offense
Chop Suey! :rillaboom: :hoopa-unbound: :hatterene: :camerupt-mega: :stakataka: :enamorus-therian:

The Main Idea
Look, a non-stall team from me! This team is built around the core of Rillaboom and Grassy Seed Hoopa-Unbound. I theorized that everybody would make some boring old Sneasler or Hawlucha team, so I wondered: what could benefit from Grassy Terrain in a way that Sneasler and Hawlucha can't? And I came up with Hoopa-U. I also took some inspiration from freezai's video and added Trick Room + Nasty Plot to not only break through faster cores, but use the Defense boost to set Trick Room on otherwise-threatening things and go to town on offensive teams. The rest of the team is standard Trick Room tomfoolery.

The Team
Rillaboom serves as an insanely strong late-game cleaner, with Adamant Choice Band Grassy Glides hitting like a truck, especially with Tera Grass. It also facilitates both Hoopa-U and Enamorus-T. Hoopa-Unbound has historically struggled with offense; however, it can patch up its lacking physical bulk somewhat with Grassy Seed and potentially flip the script on those very same teams by setting Trick Room. Hatterene is another good Trick Room setter. Mega Camerupt and Choice Band Stakataka are two insanely good Trick Room abusers on each side of the spectrum. Finally, Enamorus-T can either be another incredibly strong special attacker that benefits from Camerupt breaking Steel-types, or it can be a late-game sweeper with Grassy Seed boosting its Defense along with Calm Mind. Be warned that most of this team is one-time-use only, so if you can't get Trick Room up or use your Grassy Seeds too early, you may lose.

Replays
Unfortunately, the replays section is down for now and apparently won't have any replays from after 2020. I think you can see the problem here. I've done well in tests, though, and this team is pretty good (although insanely volatile).
Team A

:rillaboom::kartana::enamorus::slowbro::heatran::zapdos:
rillakart + enam because rilla enjoys taking chip and healing wish removes that chip, never find myself clicking healing wish though but its an option
band rilla here is a breaker rather than a cleaner, use it as such because kart does the cleanup
enam just click buttons deal damage to steel types
has a bit of problems with waterpon but usually hard rilla/kart to threaten and hwish it later
no replays as you know, enjoy the team
Team B

Pretty intuitive team to use - almost every Pokemon on the team takes advantage of grassy terrain one way or the other (even Zapdos appreciates taking weaker earthquakes from slow ground types predicting it to roost). Rillaboom and Mawile wallbreak while the defensive core supports them by setting hazards, tossing out wishes or spreading status so Sneasler can sweep lategame. Rillaboom spread is to maximise bulk while not being too slow when it is not clicking grassy glide while the mixed Alomomola spread allows it to be a decent special sponge against the top fairies of the tier (e.g. Tapu Lele, Iron Valiant, Diancie-Mega, etc) with mirror coat besides destroying Zapdos + Toxapex cores.
C

Voting ends Monday at 8 pm gmt -5

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
RMT Leader
A, incorporating trick room into a grassy terrain team is quite novel to me and the team looks solid into most things.

https://pokepast.es/942b7fc9e6ef1e56
Alo is nice for momentum and providing Zama and Mega scizor longevity.
Zama is a physical wallbreaker with CB. Great coverage with ice fang for glisc crunch for ghos types and stone edge for flyings in general (largely moltres and zap tho.)
Mega Sciz can clean up games with SD Bullet punch if the heavy hitters chip the opponents team down enough.
Koko sets up eterrain and can be a pivot. Hidden power is to hit ground types like gliscor hard on switch in.
Moth gets quark drive speed and with specs it can sweep with its wide coverage.
Val is speed boosting with LO to use its wide coverage to do big damage to almost everything.

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

infinity repeating
is a Contributor to Smogon
Get your tickets today to watch A LUNATIC IN ACTION!
Choice Band Alomomola: From A Lunatic's Workshop
Once a week, every week (pending availability).

:alomomola: :kyurem: :gliscor: :scizor-mega: :iron valiant: :heatran:

An Intro to A Lunatic's Workshop
A Lunatic's Workshop is a project that I hope to maintain. It mainly focuses on the teambuilding competition, insofar as to build creative yet working teams that can actually function in this metagame. So without further ado, this is the first official project in A Lunatic's Workshop.

The Main Idea
When I saw Alomomola as the pick for this week, I didn't see much happening other than Wish-passing teams or MolaLuna cores. The things everyone can build. So, I focused on Alomomola's offensive capabilities, which are actually decently good. The other parts of the team make it easier for Alomomola to break through or clean after an Alomomola wallbreaking session.

The Team Composition
Choice Band STAB Liquidations hit hard, even off of a paltry 75 base Attack. What really sets Alomomola apart from the sea of mediocre Choice Band abusers is its access to Regenerator + Flip Turn, a combo which lets Alomomola heal 33% of its HP while doing some pretty serious damage. It also has surprisingly colorful coverage, with Play Rough to hit Dragon-types like Kommo-o and Knock Off to provide meaningful impact over the course of the game. Kyurem is a natural partner, being able to threaten the Grass- and Water-types that can take on Liquidation. Gliscor's main role is to be a really good defensive pivot while setting Spikes. Mega Scizor is a good revenge killing option, while Scarf Iron Valiant provides speed control. Finally, Heatran is probably changeable; however, it can 6-0 Stall teams and adds more chip damage for the core to break through.

Replays
vs. Ineros
vs. Nish (certified BandMola hater)

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
RMT Leader
The Main Idea
When I saw Alomomola as the pick for this week, I didn't see much happening other than Wish-passing teams or MolaLuna cores.
Alright, here is a Mola team with the better normal/ground type:

Diggersby can take advantage of electric terrain boosting its thunder punch to take out the steel birds and generally acts as decent speed control with a choice scarf (its low base speed does not matter too much anyways considering that I have a quark drive core with Iron Valiant and Tapu Koko if I really need to revenge kill something). Alomomola acts as a wish passer to Heatran and the fairies as they all accumulate chip when trying to do their thing.

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
dont vote for this team it loses to nihilego!!1!

mola provides a decent niche on cheese teams because of the ability to now stall out mons w/ toxic instead of relying on parahax or smth to cheese past and also getting wishpasses is good considering alot of these mons don't have any reliable recovery or a way to recover

:suicune: :Alomomola: :cresselia: :jirachi: :togekiss: :manaphy:

general premise of the team is to status everything and hax it. suicune + manaphy are wincons that can sweep if you get a couple lucky turns and clean up endgame when most moves are in suicune stallable range. rachi + kiss is stupid parahax combo, mola + cress is just to make sure everything doesn't die. the togekiss evs outspeed the 12 speed glisc on the smogon set(s) and tera ground mola also gives you more of a chance v koko.

not that many replays as of now because its vlate and i would like to sleep:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-2006508125-d4ey073jc1wjqebgtfttvwhbgex29bnpw
togekiss completely haxes thru chansey and mola proves useful as it is the only thing letting me semi scout what the diggersby is doing and not lose

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-2006506369
idk kiss is stupid + mola shows its use on cheese and heals up togekiss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)