Ubers National Dex Ubers Metagame Discussion

PSYSPAM (Peak 1799 elo )
I dunno much English but I will put my team here :
https://pokepast.es/d9cb4b03ead209b7
This is my current Psyspam team with some gimmick mons such as Sneasler (funny sweeper with hax from Dire Claws and surprise factor in Rock Slide to bait Ho-Oh ) and Corviknight (fringe slow bulky pivot allows team to bring powerful attackers to the battlefield safely ) . Flutter Mane Booster Energy + Taunt is a great anti-lead and a potential fantastic mid-late game sweeper . Deoxys-A is just so ridiculous with the new tool : Expanding Force , ready to nuke a lot of common neutral targets in the tier . Finally , Groudon is a Rock setter , i dunno how to custom ev properly lol . My team still has some flaws , hope you guys to make my team even better .
View attachment 594025
Nice team. Unfortunately, there is one thing you have not accounted for.
Necrozma | Pokédex

You do not really have anything that can reliably stop it from setting up. Once it uses Dragon Dance and transforms, the most you can do is either hope your Groudon survives it, or hope your Corviknight can chip it. I suggest dropping Brave Bird for Reflect and Overheat for Dragon Claw, because this matchup is really not good for you.
Actually, I just realized that Overheat is your fire STAB. Make sure you keep a fire STAB, and hope Precipice Blades does not miss.

Last edited:
nice team. unfortunately, theres one thing you havent acounted for
Necrozma | Pokédex

You don't really have anything that can reliably stop it from setting up. Once it uses Dragon Dance and transforms, the most you can do is either hope your Groudon survives it, or hope your Corviknight can chip it. I suggest dropping Brave Bird for Reflect and Overheat for Dragon Claw, because this matchup is really not good for you.
You are correct . Necrozma is truly annoying :(

Tahz

Banned deucer.
PSYSPAM (Peak 1799 elo )
random replays : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2037302390-2i4kuoxsojh4laspeaaxxx0c046qfqmpw

This is my current Psyspam team with some gimmick mons such as Sneasler (funny sweeper with hax from Dire Claws and surprise factor in Rock Slide to bait Ho-Oh ) and Corviknight (fringe slow bulky pivot allows team to bring powerful attackers to the battlefield safely ) . Flutter Mane Booster Energy + Taunt is a great anti-lead and a potential fantastic mid-late game sweeper . Deoxys-A is just so ridiculous with the new tool : Expanding Force , ready to nuke a lot of common neutral targets in the tier . Finally , Groudon is a Rock setter , i dunno how to customize EV properly lol . My team still has some flaws , hope you guys to make my team even better .
View attachment 594025
Your opponent in the replay is using my team , but on another note gz with the peak!

Nice team. Unfortunately, there is one thing you have not accounted for.
Necrozma | Pokédex

You do not really have anything that can reliably stop it from setting up. Once it uses Dragon Dance and transforms, the most you can do is either hope your Groudon survives it, or hope your Corviknight can chip it. I suggest dropping Brave Bird for Reflect and Overheat for Dragon Claw, because this matchup is really not good for you.
Actually, I just realized that Overheat is your fire STAB. Make sure you keep a fire STAB, and hope Precipice Blades does not miss.
i guess they can play around with it with corv and flutter

PSYSPAM (Peak 1799 elo )
random replays : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2037302390-2i4kuoxsojh4laspeaaxxx0c046qfqmpw

This is my current Psyspam team with some gimmick mons such as Sneasler (funny sweeper with hax from Dire Claws and surprise factor in Rock Slide to bait Ho-Oh ) and Corviknight (fringe slow bulky pivot allows team to bring powerful attackers to the battlefield safely ) . Flutter Mane Booster Energy + Taunt is a great anti-lead and a potential fantastic mid-late game sweeper . Deoxys-A is just so ridiculous with the new tool : Expanding Force , ready to nuke a lot of common neutral targets in the tier . Finally , Groudon is a Rock setter , i dunno how to customize EV properly lol . My team still has some flaws , hope you guys to make my team even better .
View attachment 594025
:tapu-lele: doesn't really need Psyshock for anything. Bulky walls like :chansey: and :blissey: already hate Nature's Madness + Taunt, as it chips them down significantly, so using Psyshock just prevents you from hitting pokemon like :groudon-primal: as hard. Tera Normal is probably better than Tera Steel as well, due to it making :tapu-lele: immune to EKiller :arceus: sets that lack Earthquake (Psychic Terrain blocks ESpeed, Shadow Claw can't hit normal types).

:deoxys-attack: doesn't run Superpower, it uses Low Kick, as it still hits :chansey: hard enough with 180 Attack. Tera Psychic could probably be better for nuking :ho-oh: harder (has a chance to OHKO defensive at full), but Tera Ghost Shadow Ball could be useful for :necrozma-dusk-mane: I suppose.

Don't use :sneasler:. Dire Claw is annoying, but it isn't that strong, so if you don't get a status out of it, it would be pretty lackluster. :sneasler: in general is just a weak mon, it's absurdly frail, and it struggles a lot with defensive pokemon like :eternatus:, :arceus-poison: and :giratina-origin:, all of which can easily wall and status it. Tera Ghost is questionable, as Ekiller :arceus: already struggles against Psyspam, so going for an offensive tera (like Fighting) would probably be better considering how you outspeed everything already.

The EV spread for :groudon-primal: is a little bit odd. I would've suggested Utility SD :groudon-primal:, as Psyspam is HO anyways. Going for a Naive nature makes :groudon-primal: less bulky, which makes your matchup against strong special attackers harder.

Don't use :corviknight:. This one isn't even Ubers by tiering why did you even pick it? It's too passive and doesn't fit on a HO team like Psyspam, using Defog goes against the whole point of Psyspam (being enabling psychic terrain, which defog removes), it isn't strong, and it's slow pivots aren't worth it, when pokemon like :necrozma-dusk-mane: and :zekrom: can setup on it for free, which shouldn't be happening. It's not even good in NDOU either.

:flutter-mane: isn't a good pick in my opinion. Sure it's fast and hits decently hard with it's unresisted STAB, but I don't feel like Psyspam is the right playstyle for it; I'd argue screens HO with :grimmsnarl: suits it more so it can setup easier. I don't feel like Taunt is a good option for :flutter-mane: either, because it makes breaking through :ho-oh: harder without Power Gem.

This team faces too many problems, like the aformentioned :necrozma-ultra:, as well as other strong setup attackers like :xerneas: and :zacian-crowned:. Two pokemon here aren't viable at all, so this team looks and probably feels really weak to use.

:tapu-lele: doesn't really need Psyshock for anything. Bulky walls like :chansey: and :blissey: already hate Nature's Madness + Taunt, as it chips them down significantly, so using Psyshock just prevents you from hitting pokemon like :groudon-primal: as hard. Tera Normal is probably better than Tera Steel as well, due to it making :tapu-lele: immune to EKiller :arceus: sets that lack Earthquake (Psychic Terrain blocks ESpeed, Shadow Claw can't hit normal types).

:deoxys-attack: doesn't run Superpower, it uses Low Kick, as it still hits :chansey: hard enough with 180 Attack. Tera Psychic could probably be better for nuking :ho-oh: harder (has a chance to OHKO defensive at full), but Tera Ghost Shadow Ball could be useful for :necrozma-dusk-mane: I suppose.

Don't use :sneasler:. Dire Claw is annoying, but it isn't that strong, so if you don't get a status out of it, it would be pretty lackluster. :sneasler: in general is just a weak mon, it's absurdly frail, and it struggles a lot with defensive pokemon like :eternatus:, :arceus-poison: and :giratina-origin:, all of which can easily wall and status it. Tera Ghost is questionable, as Ekiller :arceus: already struggles against Psyspam, so going for an offensive tera (like Fighting) would probably be better considering how you outspeed everything already.

The EV spread for :groudon-primal: is a little bit odd. I would've suggested Utility SD :groudon-primal:, as Psyspam is HO anyways. Going for a Naive nature makes :groudon-primal: less bulky, which makes your matchup against strong special attackers harder.

Don't use :corviknight:. This one isn't even Ubers by tiering why did you even pick it? It's too passive and doesn't fit on a HO team like Psyspam, using Defog goes against the whole point of Psyspam (being enabling psychic terrain, which defog removes), it isn't strong, and it's slow pivots aren't worth it, when pokemon like :necrozma-dusk-mane: and :zekrom: can setup on it for free, which shouldn't be happening. It's not even good in NDOU either.

:flutter-mane: isn't a good pick in my opinion. Sure it's fast and hits decently hard with it's unresisted STAB, but I don't feel like Psyspam is the right playstyle for it; I'd argue screens HO with :grimmsnarl: suits it more so it can setup easier. I don't feel like Taunt is a good option for :flutter-mane: either, because it makes breaking through :ho-oh: harder without Power Gem.

This team faces too many problems, like the aformentioned :necrozma-ultra:, as well as other strong setup attackers like :xerneas: and :zacian-crowned:. Two pokemon here aren't viable at all, so this team looks and probably feels really weak to use.
You could probably say that is my signature chili powder , it’s bad but it works somehow . Thanks for your comment , i will try to improve my team .

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Now that ndfl ended (check my teamdump!), I'd like to write about some thoughts I had about the tier. Disclaimer: this is the first ubers format I really seriously played, so I do not benefit from any kind of experience from older gens or whatever. Those are just my impressions I got from building in this tier for the teamtour.

First of all, I feel like a lot is still left to be explored in the tier, and I am of the opinion that getting more people in would help a lot - the tier would benefit a lot from having its own tournament schedule, or even a circuit. It was a very fun tier to play and build in, and I think it definitively deserves more exposure!

Right now, I feel like the tier mostly is mostly made of HOs and bulky balance/stall teams. I believe this is mostly just HO spamming the bonkers pokemon (Xerneas, Zacian, tera E-Killer, Ultra-Necrozma, etc...), and other archetypes trying to account for those bonkers pokemon by going bulky - aside from shadow sneak Marshadow, sucker punch Yveltal and Ditto, the tier doesn't really have much good speed control options, so it makes sense to me that we have to rely a lot on checking stuff defensively instead. Maybe there is some speed control guys that deserve more exploration though, who knows.

With this context in mind, I wanted to talk about a couple topics:

I) Here are two things I think are underrated at the moment:

:arceus-ground: (bulky dragon dance)
Arceus @ Groundium Z / Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Stone Edge
EVs: outspeeds max speed Yveltal, rest in bulk. 48 EVs in spdef would guarantee you always avoid the ohko from +2 modest moonblast from Xerneas, or alternatively the 2hko at +0. You probably can go slower if you want more bulk. I prefer Z-Ground, as it is easier
We don't have a lot of speed control options - maybe you'd want a good cleaner instead? I'm going to credit entrocefalo for showing me a team with this set, because I have been obsessed with it ever since. This set is a great win condition against HO, and helps a lot checking Zacian-C (which it can eat even an adamant +3 behemoth blade from, you could invest a bit more in bulk to be safer against it too) and P-Don, although it will need tera'd Zacian to be chipped in range first. Of course you shouldn't expect this mon to win on the spot vs HO, and it shouldn't be your only way to get around HO either (you still need to bring proper checks to xern, ultranecrozma, etc) - that being said it still offers a potentially very good lategame against this archetype, and generally helps a lot against Zacian-C.

:gothitelle:
Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
Tera Type: Ghost / Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charm
- Rest
- Taunt
- Cosmic Power
U can probably toy around with the moves and the tera type - tera ghost is specifically to pp stall chansey, which otherwise will pp stall your rest PPs. I guess rocky helmet might do the same thing?
The metagame taking a defensive direction is something Gothitelle enjoys seeing. It eats stall of course, but also has some other interesting targets. It can pp stall mono-sacred fire Ho-Oh (or just straight up kill it if you managed to land a toxic on it), is actually a great check to Zygarde-C most of the time, which is something not a lot of pokemon can pretend to be, and also traps defensive necrozma-dm. It also can deny setup from ultra-necrozma - you hard switch on it and spam charm, I don't know if you actually can trap it but you can remove its setup with charm at least - and, if given a safe switch, pp stall certain Eternatus sets, although the odds for gothitelle to be critted by this pokemon in the process are quite hard. You still have to be careful around your rest PPs though, 8 is not a lot.

I really have to emphasis how good checking Zygarde is; with tera, this mon can be insanely tough to take on, and this is one of the reasons why I have a very high opinion on this Gothitelle right now, to the point I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to consider it to be a low A- pokemon. I hope y'all can at least agree on B+ though!

II) Here is an other thing I wanted to go over: considering running spikes over stealth rocks on P-Groudon :groudon-primal:

By that I mean dropping rocks completely, and running spikes. I've been doing that for a while (thank you Taka for giving me the idea), and honestly I think this is something you can do regularly, and maybe should do regularly. If you look at the S and A ranks in the VR, you can divide the mons in multiple groups

Heavy duty boots users (would take more from rocks if they get knocked off):
:ho-oh: :yveltal: (:eternatus:)
Unless you run knock off and get them specifically, running spikes or rocks will not make a difference against these.

Pokemon equally affected by spikes and rocks:
:groudon-primal: (note: still resists rocks before transforming) :eternatus: :xerneas: :kyogre-primal: :arceus-dark: :arceus: :arceus-fairy: :mewtwo-mega-y: :deoxys-speed: :deoxys-attack: :palkia-origin: :arceus-water: (:necrozma-ultra:)
Against these pokemon, you'd rather have spikes over rocks, since you can stack multiple layers of spikes against them.

Pokemon affected more by spikes than by rocks:
:zygarde-complete: :zacian-crowned: :arceus-ground: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :marshadow:
Spikes are obviously better against these pokemon

Pokemon affected more by rocks than spikes:
:yveltal: (offensive variants) :Salamence-mega: :giratina-origin: (:ho-oh: + :choice band:, super niche set though, just run offensive boots)

In conclusion: unless you want to explicitly limit offensive yveltal, mega-mence or giratina-o, I think you should consider running spikes on your P-Groudon! Being able to match opposing spikes is very nice as well.

III) Here is a problem I have with the tier:
:ss/xerneas:
Tera Xerneas is incredibly tough to deal with. The tier is already spamming Whirlwind Ho-Oh as an attempt to answer this monster, however Xerneas has multiple ways around it: tera electric tbolt has good odds to ohko 56+ spdef Ho-Oh at +2, hp rock wrecks after any chip, ingrain prevents phazing in general. From there, what else do you even have? Roar P-Groudon is a good check, but easy to force chip on it, for example with P-Kyogre. Necrozma-DM is always 2hkoed by +2 tera elec tbolt. You still have confide Chansey, but that thing only fits on stall. It doesn't help that Gothitelle has some way of trapping most of its "answers".

I've seen complaints about Zacian-C and Zygarde-C as well. I think Zacian-C is just really good at punishing bad play/passive teambuilding (unless u run dondozo or ditto), or Eternatus sets that cannot hit it, but otherwise I don't think it is that much of a problem ; if anything, I think it combined to Xerneas is what makes it feel very overwhelming at times, as taking account of both at the same time can be a chore. Frankly, aside from some etern sets, and darkceus/yveltal (which can still punish setup with foul play), most good mons have solid ways to not let Zacian do whatever it wants in a 1v1 matchup. However, I still agree that Zygarde-C is kind of a dumb mon. That being said, I think Xerneas should be the Pokemon being looked at first.

In my opinion, the tier should plan to suspect Xerneas in the future. Probably after a survey?

ditch zapdos. i dont know what you think it can survive, but it cant. that leftovers is like giving a knight armor, then sending it into WWII. i dont have the time to process this team fully, but trust me, zapdos is not a good choice.
i did i replaced him for ditto for free pivot is that okay?

I'm not trying to be rude, but this team is REALLY bad for NDUbers. A lot of the sets given don't even make sense in my opinion. Again, I'm not trying to be rude on purpose, but I think you should get more competitive experience in general before teambuilding.

Why are you running Poison Jab on :zacian-crowned:? The only thing I can think of, that it hits, is :arceus-grass:, which is very rare on Ladder anyways. Replace it with Wild Charge because this set gets walled by :ho-oh:, so running this allows you to hit it for SE (it does 63%-75% at +1 attack).

Now :groudon-primal: is where the issue really starts. Precipice Blades and Heat Crash are solid options, but Ancient Power and Heat Wave are pretty unnecessary on this mon. Ancient Power can't even OHKO :ho-oh:, who's 4x weak to rock, as well as fishing for boosts being a terrible strategy (10% is really low). Heat Wave isn't that strong, and you already have fire coverage in Heat Crash so this is irrelevant. Going for a Double-Dance set with :groudon-primal: with Swords Dance, Rock Polish and the first two moves you have would make him a solid sweeper/wallbreaker:

By the way, because I'm assuming you're new to competitive pokemon, if you want to get into a tier, use the sample teams instead of making your own, they're much more accurate to the metagame and are made by people who know what they're doing. They've been updated recently as well, so they're even more reliable.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 156 Atk / 100 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge / Heat Crash

:necrozma-dusk-mane: doesn't have an item. It's also not very good at being a Calm Mind sweeper. You could've given it :ultranecrozium-z: to become :necrozma-ultra:, which is much more powerful. Again, having two STAB options isn't worth it, especially when Steel isn't that good of an offensive type to begin with. Future Sight is also an odd option for a setup mon, because why would you want to wait a turn to deal damage, when you could do damage now with Photon Geyser. If you're going to run a special-attacking :necrozma-dusk-mane:, you'd rather run this set, it works much better:

Necrozma-Dusk Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Dragon Pulse / Power Gem

Don't use :baxcalibur:. Also don't use TWO setup moves on :Baxcalibur:. Also don't run Freeze-dry on :Baxcalibur:. This mon struggles anyways because it's just outclassed by :kyurem-black:, who's not that good anyways. You should be running :Heavy-Duty-Boots: to avoid taking Stealth Rock damage, which is also something this team lacks entirely, as well as removing them. There are numerous hazard setters in the tier, alongside :ho-oh: and :giratina-origin: being very good removers. I WOULD give a proper set for :baxcalibur:, but this mon sucks in NDUbers anyways so there's no point.

:marshadium-z: :marshadow: is just outclassed by Tera Ghost :choice-band:/:life-orb: :marshadow:, who saves you a Z-Crystal slot for :necrozma-dusk-mane:. This mon is also not :breloom:, because Focus Punch + Substitute doesn't work in any tier really, let alone this one. He's also missing a nature, so he's prone to being outsped by other :marshadow:. HP Dark is just irrelevant because Ghost/Fighting gives you perfect coverage anyways:

Marshadow @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Low Kick / Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Tomb / Poltergeist

Don't use :zapdos:. Also don't run :leftovers: on :Zapdos:. Also don't run mixed :zapdos:. This would've been a perfect slot for :ho-oh:, who is the biggest bird of the tier, but not :zapdos:. It's not defensive either, and because NDUbers is full of legendaries, it doesn't hit that hard, and it doesn't take many hits. It's also pretty slow, weak to hazards due to no :heavy-duty-boots:, and has no pivoting, which is one of the best parts of :zapdos:. Please use :ho-oh:, it's much better:

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Tera Type: Grass
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Defog
- Whirlwind

i did i replaced him for ditto for free pivot is that okay?

I'm not sure what you mean by "free pivot", because :ditto: can't pivot, but it's certainly better than :zapdos:.

I'm going to be honest with you, there's a lot suspect here.

:Zacian-Crowned: shouldn't run PJab, because the only things worthwhile to hit with it(:Arceus-Fairy: and :Xerneas:) are already hit by BB. Swap it for Wild Charge to hit :Ho-Oh:

:Groudon-Primal: really shouldn't be using SpA moves except for maybe Overheat to 2HKO :Dondozo:. Swap Ancient Power and Heat Wave for Stealth Rocks and Stone Edge Imo.

:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: The first issue is that you haven't given this pokemon an item. The second issue is that :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: is not a pokemon that should really run a Special set, because of its low SpA stat. The third issue is that Sunsteel isn't a Special attack. Either swap it for a defensive set, a DD set, or a UNecro.

:Marshadow: shouldn't really run Z-Moves, because without it, it just can't wallbreak effectively. The good news is that it's better than :Focus Sash::Marshadow:, but not by much. Swap it for either a Life Orb or a Choice Band. Either choice, drop HP Dark for Rock Tomb, you don't need the coverage, especially because it's a SpA, and Marshadow is a Physical attacker. I'd recommend going with Spectral Thief/Poltergeist+Low Kick over Substitute+Focus Punch because of SubPunch being exploitable as well.

:Baxcalibur:: Just use :Kyurem-Black:. It's stronger, bulkier, better at killing :Ho-Oh:, everything.

what can i do about my rock weakness
Stealth Rock weakness, not rock (as in the typing, because there are basically no rock types in the tier), but just have at least one Defog user on the team, and use :heavy-duty-boots: on mons that are weak to Stealth Rock (aka fire, flying, ice and bug types).

my new team
https://pokepast.es/86e34b4afdd4a8a5
what yall think about it

should i convert my necrozmadw into ultra?
a lot better. i will say that your matchup against groudon is not the best, so deffinitely have ultra necrozma so you can z move it into oblivion. id even consider droping dragon pulse for protect to reliably be able to z move groudon, though heavy emphesis on consider. if you put stealth rocks on your team though, you have a 50% chance to kill pdon with earth power.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/72272ab8d5c3c9da
this is a team i tried to cook with, i have decent experience in sv ubers but natdex is prob different, if any of you can, can you guys help me make it more reliable? (i am trying to build offense with darkceus.)
Edit: forgor ability on hot birb

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/72272ab8d5c3c9da
this is a team i tried to cook with, i have decent experience in sv ubers but natdex is prob different, if any of you can, can you guys help me make it more reliable? (i am trying to build offense with darkceus.)
Edit: forgor ability on hot birb
:arceus-dark: doesn't really run Defog, you'd rather run Taunt to stop setup. :ho-oh: doesn't run Recover either, but it can run Defog instead. Also, 52 Sp. Def is needed on Ho-Oh to prevent :xerneas: from OHKOing with +2 Thunder (without Tera Electric). :Necrozma-Ultra: doesn't run Morning Sun because its already so frail, its pretty pointless, and you'd rather have more coverage in Stone Edge (for :yveltal:).

Also the :xerneas: set is outdated. Use the Gen 8 statspread instead, due to timid only being used for :choice-scarf: :Koraidon:, whos banned.

:arceus-dark: doesn't really run Defog, you'd rather run Taunt to stop setup. :ho-oh: doesn't run Recover either, but it can run Defog instead. Also, 52 Sp. Def is needed on Ho-Oh to prevent :xerneas: from OHKOing with +2 Thunder (without Tera Electric). :Necrozma-Ultra: doesn't run Morning Sun because its already so frail, its pretty pointless, and you'd rather have more coverage in Stone Edge (for :yveltal:).

Also the :xerneas: set is outdated. Use the Gen 8 statspread instead, due to timid only being used for :choice-scarf: :Koraidon:, whos banned.
thanks, just felt like there are not enough breakers here so maybe i should make this team more towards offense, but thanks for the advice.

im not sure. something id like to clarify is that both this team and your second team are not bad. also keep in mind that i am not exactly an expert on this thread. i have gotten to 54th on the ladder, but i use a pokemon that litterally everyone thinks is unviable, and i once aproved a team with sash marshadow. that being said, this team makes some questionable decisions, but those decisions might make sence for you, as you have used this team, while i have not.

uninvested earthquake ho-oh is unusual, but it does threaten pdon somewhat. if pdon has stone edge, you lose the matchup unless you tera, but if it dosent, this is more imediately threatening than toxic, though i still suggest toxic, as it is more threatening overall. that being said, it is your call if you want to keep earthquake. maybe it helps you with arceus poison, which you find useful.

substitute marshadow is an interesting call, but you are giving up a third ghost stab for it, so if you think stealing buffs isnt that useful, and you find substitute useful, you can keep it if you want

when i said to consider dropping a move for protect, i was suggesting dragon pulse, not heat wave. that being said, silly me forgot it would be stab, and i only assumed the loss of heat wave would have on your team. while you do get absolutely destroyed by steel types now, once again, it is your call. you know this team better than i do.

dropping scale shot for toxic is questionable, but again, it is your call, and you might find this a good decision.

swords dance over close combat while keeping wild charge is not the decision i wouldve made, but it dosent seem to absolutely destroy its viability, and once again, your team not mine.

overall, you made a lot of decisions i wouldntve made, but i have no first hand experience with this team, so at the end of the day, your decision is the one that matters the most.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/f27864b400e2951b
on this version i use eternatus for spikes and toxic while ho-oh has sacred and giga drain or should i just double up toxic on ho-oh and eternatus
Cancel cult
btw ur better than me so ill take your advice lol
first of all, i made a mistake on the last review. i thought you were using a special necrozma dm, because the picture wasnt showing on the pokepaste. in most scenarios, it is a much better idea to use necrozma dm over necrozma dw if you are runnign ultra necrozma. while dm has worse special attack, it has a much better defensive typing, which is very important if you want to set up. and ultra necrozma will have the same stats in the end, so in most cases, it wont matter.

i like the eternatus. hazzards are good. now that you have them, i sugest dropping protect on necrozma for earth power.

ho-oh dosent have the special attack stat that you think it would. for some reason, they made it a physical attacker. that being said, it isnt a bad special attack by any means, and giga drain does work well with tera grass, and i jsut ran the calc, and it did much more than i thought it would. ok, that might be a good call.

now, time to adress the elephant in the room. while i am no stranger to using pokemon considered unviable, i dont think i have the metagame knowlege to validate using it. if you are unaware, the viability rankings can be found here. also, while you probobly do know this, just in case you dont, pdons ability negates all water attacks. in any case, i cant in good concience aprove your usage of urshifu. if you want something that can go against pdon, i suggest p kyogre, as its ability negates pdons.

also, i havent used most of the mons in the meta, and for various reasons, probobly will never unless i reach #1 on the ladder or get an alt. if you want someone who can give you better advice, i suggest the judgemental baseball

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)