Need help with Pre-Pokebank Team.

Is this team good?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
I'd like help making my first competitive battling team.
This is pre pokebank for my actual copy of pokemon x on my 3ds. Please dont recommend unobtainable pokemon.
Team:

(Lead) Skarmory:
Item: Leftover's Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish Ev's: HP:252 SpD:252
Moves:
Toxic
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind
Info: This is my lead entry hazard user. I thought about have stealth rocks but it seems to unobtainable. If anyone can tell me how to get it, that would be great. My strategy for skarmory is user spikes to set up entry hazards and have toxic to beat any pokemon that it can stall out. Also having whirlwind to get rid of any threats setting up and in the process, hurting something with spikes. Also having roost for heals.

Chansey:
Item: Eviolite Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Calm Ev's: HP:252 Def:252
Moves:
Substitute
Soft Boiled
Heal Bell
Toxic
Info: This set is pretty self explanatory. Ev's to protect it from some physical attacks, softboiled for healing, heal bell to heal from any status moves, toxic for poisoning enemies and stall them out, and substitute to prepare for any incoming attacks that might OHKO it.

Ditto:
Item: Choice Scarf Ability: Imposter
Nature: Lax Ev's: HP:252 Spe:252
Moves:
Transform
Info: This is pretty self explanatory but I'll explain it anyways. Imposter auto transforms ditto and choice scarf makes it go first. I just send it out against a sweeper after it kills me and begin to do a sweep of my own. HP Ev's make it so I can survive hits because it doesn't copy HP and Spe really has no point but my OCD would not allow me to have a bunch of random Ev's so don't ask about that.

Blazikan:
Item: Blazikenite Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Serious Ev's: Att:252 Spe:252
Moves:
Flare Blitz
High Jump Kick
Sword's Dance
Protect
Info: This is pretty much a set that I copied from smogon's B/W Uber blazikan page. Flare blitz and High Jump Kick for high stab damage. Sword's dance if an obvious switch is going to happen and I want to set up(not many opportunities to use it though), and protect if i need a speed boost or if an enemy Blazikan is probably going to use high jump kick. Also, Blazikenite for mega evolution.

Venusaur:
Item: Black Sludge Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Rash Ev's: HP:252 SpD:252
Moves:
Substitute
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Venoshock
Info: This is a basic subseed set that I normally use for the time being until I can think of a different Pokemon to add in my team. Substitute and Leech Seed there for obvious reasons. Venoshock because i don't know what else to have and because 2 of my other pokemon have toxic. And sleep powder has saved my life many times and has allowed me to set up. I doubt anyone would switch out and ruin my setup chance because switching out resets the sleep timer. TBH though, This pokemon is mostly a filler.

Goodra:
Item: Damp rock Ability: Hydration
Nature: Lonely Ev's: Hp:252 SpD:252
Moves:
Rest
Rain Dance
Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water
Info: TBH, this pokemon is a filler too. I don't have any other pokemon to put here. It hasn't really worked well in the past but I don't use it much. Rest and hydration and rain dance so I automatically wake up and heal. Muddy water because rain dance boosts water types. And Dragon pules to beat other dragons and for STAB.

Additional Pokemon:
These are pokemon that don't fit well with my team or I don't have yet. If any of these pokemon should be switched with members of my team, then tell me.

Talonflame.
Tyranitar
Xerneas
Aegislash
Mewtwo x
Charizard x
Forretress
Ferrothorn

I will add more in depth discription on how i plan to use these pokemon later.

Tell me if i could improve this team in any way.

Last edited:
There are a couple issues with this team, although it is off to a decent start. I should mention, I'm not sure if this is Pokebank OU or Pre-Pokebank OU. My recommendations will assume it is Pokebank, as that's what I play (although some are applicable to both).

1) Put Stealth Rocks on Skarmory instead of Spikes. It only takes 1 turn to set up (instead of 3) for max damage, and it REALLY puts the hurt on rock-weak enemies like Talonflame and Volcarona. Also, since you have Roost, consider a Rocky Helmet instead to deal some damage back when taking physical hits.

2) On Chansey, go with Wish instead of Softboiled, it gives Chansey a bit more utility as a heal-passer.

3) You need a good Talonflame counter. Talonflame destroys Skarmory, Venusaur, and Blaziken.

4) You need a good Gliscor counter, too. In fact, you need an Ice-type move on the team somewhere to deal with common threats such as Dragonite, Gliscor, Garchomp, Tyranitar, and basically anything else that's Grass/Flying/Dragon/Ground.

5) You have no form of hazard control. Although many of your team members are not too vulnerable to hazards, they add up. Consider replacing Whirlwind or Toxic on Skarmory with Defog, or adding a Rapid Spin-user to your team.

6) Goodra might fit on this team, but not with its current moveset. Rain Dance does more harm to your team than good. If you want Goodra, go with an Assault Vest Goodra. It will then become an anti-special wrecking ball. Something like this might work:

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

Sap sipper prevents you from getting spored/leech seeded, and gives you a safe switch-in if you know one's coming.

7) Due to #4, I'd recommend switching Ditto out for Life Orb Greninja. This set has worked very well for me, and I think it would do well for you, too:

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Just a few thoughts, take them as you will. Best of luck!

There are a couple issues with this team, although it is off to a decent start. I should mention, I'm not sure if this is Pokebank OU or Pre-Pokebank OU. My recommendations will assume it is Pokebank, as that's what I play (although some are applicable to both).

1) Put Stealth Rocks on Skarmory instead of Spikes. It only takes 1 turn to set up (instead of 3) for max damage, and it REALLY puts the hurt on rock-weak enemies like Talonflame and Volcarona. Also, since you have Roost, consider a Rocky Helmet instead to deal some damage back when taking physical hits.

2) On Chansey, go with Wish instead of Softboiled, it gives Chansey a bit more utility as a heal-passer.

3) You need a good Talonflame counter. Talonflame destroys Skarmory, Venusaur, and Blaziken.

4) You need a good Gliscor counter, too. In fact, you need an Ice-type move on the team somewhere to deal with common threats such as Dragonite, Gliscor, Garchomp, Tyranitar, and basically anything else that's Grass/Flying/Dragon/Ground.

5) You have no form of hazard control. Although many of your team members are not too vulnerable to hazards, they add up. Consider replacing Whirlwind or Toxic on Skarmory with Defog, or adding a Rapid Spin-user to your team.

6) Goodra might fit on this team, but not with its current moveset. Rain Dance does more harm to your team than good. If you want Goodra, go with an Assault Vest Goodra. It will then become an anti-special wrecking ball. Something like this might work:

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

Sap sipper prevents you from getting spored/leech seeded, and gives you a safe switch-in if you know one's coming.

7) Due to #4, I'd recommend switching Ditto out for Life Orb Greninja. This set has worked very well for me, and I think it would do well for you, too:

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Just a few thoughts, take them as you will. Best of luck!
Thanks for the tips. And this is pre pokebank. I want to do competetive battling on my actual pokemon x game. So i cannot get wish. And i also cant get stealth rocks for skarmory. Although i was thinking about adding forretress with toxic spikes, spikes, stealth rcpk, and rapid spin. and getting a talonflame. But i cannot get the friend safaris for these yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)