Other Need help with upcoming tourney

Hey everyone!

So I went to a comic con recently that held a SM tourney so I entered with my pokefanatic 11 year old nephew. I threw together a team out of randoms I had used for battle tree runs and to my surprise I made it to the final 4 where I lost to a sticky web team (I had never even heard of sticky web before).

It also surprised me how much losing pissed me off. Lol, so I'm planning on going to the next tourney they hold and winning.

The rules of the tourney are: no legendary, no ultra beasts, no tapus, no evasion boosting moves,more than one pokempn put to sleep, and only one baton pass holder. Finals are best of 3.

Here's the core of my team right now:

-Jolly garchomp
Max speed and attack EVs
(with either a scarf or band. Used scarf last tourney and he surprised and swept most teams)

-Speed boost blaziken
Max speed and attack EVs
Would like to use baton pass for one moveslot just as on option to lead into OP metagross or garchomp

-assault vest metagross
Max HP 160 attack 96 spdef
I realize that AV metagross isn't used much anymore, but that's why I love it. No one expects it and it gives metagross more rounds to get a +1 attack. Would be open to mega evolving him, especially since a baton pass mega metagross would WRECK, however I feel a mega would be better used with a diff mon.

-protien greninja
Max speed and spA
Happy hour set. In my experience LO greninja is too easy to take out.

That's my team right now, I'm having a hard time deciding on the last two mons. Here are what I think are my beat options:

Mega-lucario
Used in the first tourney and he did work. He however take away the mega metagross option and my team is already vulnerable to earthquake spam

Serene grace togekiss
I am in desperate need of a ground immune mon and this also appeals as a last resort. Yet to use properly requires choice scarf or z-yawn and I'm not convinced of its usefulness with its weak speed and 40 percent chance of getting destroyed

Multiscale dragonite
Would be a great baton pass recipient, and also has dragon dance and earthquake immunity. But I'm unsure if limiting myself putting both garchomp and dragonite on the same team

Skarmory
Has stealth rock and whirlwind, and can set of. The only problem with him is the spdef is awful. I could focus sash, but I lose out on leftovers, and if I put EVs towards spdef i lose oit on his tanking viability. I also don't have access to a sturdy skarmory with stealth rock. So :/

Cantrary Serperior
Another Pokemon that interests me buy haven't used much in competition. I could use a special attacker and he's resistant to ground, it would add another fire weakness, yet I've never had a problem with fire as long as garchomp is still alive

Volcarona
I realize that already having blaziken makes him redundant, but it's just such a good pokemon! The ability to heal itself with giga drain, only 3 weaknesses, and I have one with perfect EVs, IVs, and nature ready to go.

Aegislash
I used one in my last tourney and he did okay. I wasn't really impressed, but I was also using an offensive EV spread with an air balloon (I really didn't know what I was doing). I've fixed the EVs and slapped leftovers on him, yet I feel his usefulness as a tank will be limited when used in conjunction with metagross.

I'm chose these mons as options due to my success using them in battle tree, that I already have them ready, and I understand (for the most part) how to use them effectively.

And I read the rules about only posting complete teams, however my question is which Pokemon best complete my team. So it's impossible to ask the question and follow that rule. Lol

Also, I didn't list specific movesets because with the finals being a best of 3, I plan on switching out blaziken, garchomp, and maybe even metagross to other versions of the same Pokemon with diff movesets for surprise.

Im just trying to win for my nephew so any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)