New to Competitive Battling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
This is the first competitive team I've made, so I don't really have any experience in competitive battling. I think I sorted out most of my teams, but I need some help.
This is what I have so far:

Lucario (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Quirky Nature
IVs: 9 HP / 9 Atk / 19 Def / 19 SAtk / 12 SDef
- Calm Mind
- Aura Sphere
- Flash
- Shadow Ball

Greninja @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Quirky Nature
IVs: 9 HP / 9 Atk / 19 Def / 19 SAtk / 12 SDef
- Grass Knot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dizzy Punch
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Double-Edge

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- High Jump Kick
- Blaze Kick

As you can probably see, Lucario and Greninja are the Special Sweepers, and Blaziken and Kangaskhan are Physical Sweepers. I chose Greninja because of his Protean ability, which lets me control his type as well as making every one of his moves gain STAB. Kangaskhan is on the team because, when he Mega Evolves, he attacks one and a half times. Blaziken is there because of Speed Boost, which makes him gain speed just by using Protect. Finally, Lucario has been my favourite Pokemon ever since I got Riolu from Riley, and I finally managed to get my hands on a Shiny one, so this one is in the team. So, if you think I should change any of these Pokemon (I can't change Lucario's IVs or Nature though), please tell me.
Now my other problem is, I don't really understand why I would need Tankers or Walls instead of just more Sweepers... Can someone please explain why I would need those and which ones I should use if I have them?

Thank you,
Amitai

Tanks are generally designed to take a hit when you don't want one of your sweepers taking that hit. Also tanks can offer various support effects can actually make them quite threatening. A Good Example is Ferrothorn who can set up traps and leech seed and punish you for sitting there and attacking him. A tanks job mainly is overall team support and sponging the damage that you don't want your sweepers to take.

Though you can stick with a full offensive team that has no tanks or atleast offensive based tanks.

Overall your teams seem very thrown together and not very thought out like you just randomly threw abilities and items and EVs on your pokemon. Most Lucarios specialize in attack and speed and go for sweeping with things like Swords Dance into Close Combat with Adamant Nature (or jolly for speed). Greninjas are SpA with Speed and specialize and being varied attackers. Greninjas very squishy but very fast and you need to abuse that speed if you want to use him properly. Don't know much about Kangas to quote on him >__>. Blaziken is like Lucario where you want to abuse your attack damage and insane speed. You could actually end up Doing Brave Bird , Swords Dance, Close Combat, Blaze Kick for him so you can Swords Dance and end with a speed buff. Then Protect into another speed buff and start wrecking people from there.

Also don't have 2 megas on a team, your wasting items at that point. You need to decide which mega you want to use and why. If you have 2 pokemon with Mega stones on 1 team then 1 of them will have a worthless item that they are holding onto because you activated the other one. So its important that you make your mind up of which Mega you want to use.

Unfortunately this thread maybe closed because you didn't follow a few rules before posting which is 1 Adding descriptions of atleast 3 lines to your pokemon and not having a complete team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)