Strategy & Metagame nu theorymon v2 (different title likely)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i'd like to do a second rendition of the nu theorymon article raz made. i figure it won't be going up in this issue (unless you don't mind having consecutive variants of similar articles?) but i really would like to revisit this concept because i plan to revamp the thread in NU sometime soon and hopefully draw more attention to the more interesting and plausible concepts, both flavor-wise and metagame-wise.

things i'd like to do differently from raz's concept:

- highlight the initial poster. i think it's a cool idea that someone's concept makes it into the smog to be talked about, and being able to see that the fact that you made a great post / had a solid idea cemented in the smog is a really cool feeling, especially for newer users who want to get their name out there.
- i'd really like to spend more time talking about the flavor - i can imagine there could be some really cool art for some of these concepts too. many of the concepts submitted to said thread aren't.. very realistic for whatever reason, and i intend to pull out the ones that are more plausible and show them off.
- i actually would like to set aside a few example sets for the concepts i talk about. "x pokemon would probably use this set or this set because x and y", etc.
- i also want to draw this back into the forums, if i can (whether by linking each concept post or by linking the thread at the beginning and end of the article). a lot of the concepts have been neglected because of people constantly posting their own new stuff and while it's cool for there to be many submissions, some very good ones have been neglected time and time again. i have plans for the revamp of the thread to revisit these, but it'd be really awesome to be able to tie the smog article back into good posting on the forum and show that said good posting can be showcased on-site.
- all of mine are going to be reasonable options, so i'm not going to have the brokenness x/10.

pokemon i am very likely to talk about:

bulk up kangaskhan
rapid spin klang
hustle shiftry
water absorb stunfisk OR recover stunfisk OR volt switch stunfisk (so many good ones for fisk)
simple camerupt

possibly:

dragon dance gabite (ignoring implications of dd chomper)
prankster haunter (would be excellent - talking about prankster banette is probably better tho)
nasty plot serperior

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
prankster haunter (would be excellent - talking about prankster banette is probably better tho)
Prankster Destiny Bond.

Are you sure you want that?

Either way this was approved last time, but your list appears to actually contain some sensible stuff, along with some new features, so I'm cool with approving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)