Tournament OLT V Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo !

First of all congratz to everyone who made it, people are strong as fonK for bein able to do it im impressed more than by myself tbh, strong users around.

Secondly a huge thanks to everyone that cheered for me during those last 2 cycles, it was something i wanted to prove to myself, but i realized I was somehow selfish when i see so much broskis had my back, so this one goes for u bros : Blundo number 9, Sharow, Redemption, VsangX, Bluxio, Guprei, Givrix, Wabane, Simia, Ray, Goro, Lio, Zok, CBB, Holiano, Teclis, Mika, Yami, Carmin, Caesar, and even P2 for bein a chill dude I got u man, and all the broskis like Sicko, Sama, Bluxio, Metro, Patlop, Pasy and everyone else that I might have forgotten :afrostar:

Also note to all the dudes i've met on this ladder, who I didnt know and were probably thinking I would lick their shoes just because its "them" : it's not because a lot of users praise you for no reason or for bad reasons that i'm gonna do the same when you meet me. Don't be toxic and and expect me to be kind to you just because it's "you". I respect respectable people nothing more nothing less, dont expect everyone to be a bandwagoning fan and when you guys meet me, sit down. The only shoes im licking are my Air Jordan before meeting my girl Kiki.

I'm not impressed by nobody, but you could not know before facing me, "and if you didn't know, now you know". So for the introduction to be completed, the name is Mimolette, remember it, and here is a little reminder so that i'll make sure you know what's up :

trainercard-Mimo.png

Now here is the main team i've used if anyone's interested :

Ok so basically this is an old team of mine i've used in a french irl tournament haha. I always knew this team was good but it was not strong as before so i checked it again during OLT, and found that some nip changes made it stronger and more adapted to this metagame.

First the thundurus used to be DD with hp ice : that would absolutely not work in this meta. And I saw that a lot of gastros increased in usage so I went with NP + 3 attacks. Thats the best thundurus you can get right now, with z move ofc. Thundurus is SO strong and people sleep on it. It breaks the classic cores with bulu/tang, because hp fly at +2 is a snack. And with the increase of torns everywhere, thats just free NP. Z focusblast is almost a guaranteed kill on gastro at +2 after 1 layer of spikes. When u get rid of gastros/bulus/tang, non choice gren is scary for a lot of teams, and u keep that prio for the fast mons such as scarf lando etc...

So basically thundy and gren helps each other, one bein able to break the switches, the one bein able to spike for thundy to grab those kills. Everyone thinks gren is choice when its not.

Mawile is here to help thundurus break really fat stuff. Lando is lando and ferro for rain. Ferro is the only mon for swampert when its so common so you have to play it well.

And for that, tentacruel helps a lot by tspiking (works well with protect on ferro) and spining so that ferro stays healthy (thundurus too) and so that u dont auto lose to webs. Oh and yes, its max speed. For those landos, zygarde, gliscor and stuff who think a tenta is always slow. Ice beam is the tech.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-788718880 here gren and thundy doing a great job together
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-788703651 VS rain where non choice gren does a nice job
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-787228938 and here fast tenta and gren doing a nice job again

Hope you enjoyed reading this, peace N lovés :pimp:

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
The big post with the qualifiers and some ladder cycle trends will go up in the next day or two; Leo and GMars have been a bit preoccupied and I’m moving into school today— thanks for the patience everyone.

Congratulations to everyone who qualified and thanks to everyone who seriously participated. It’s a healthy period for the metagame to see what the ladder has in store; it has opened so many new eyes (directed at you, Mr. Clown). I was personally very excited as a spectator going in to see all of the new teams and Pokemon that surfaced and my expectations definitely were met over the course of this OLT. Hoping playoffs are similarly interesting and thought-provoking, too.

I don’t want to polluate this topic where top player comes to share their experience during OLT but as a noob, i’m trying to learn the metagame and improve myself as a player, so where i can see some replays of the match of the OLTphase 4 ?

Sorry for my english, it’s not my native language

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I don’t want to polluate this topic where top player comes to share their experience during OLT but as a noob, i’m trying to learn the metagame and improve myself as a player, so where i can see some replays of the match of the OLTphase 4 ?

Sorry for my english, it’s not my native language
Hi ! You can look at the replays of those who made it to the top 8 by entering their pseudos here. However, many games were hidden so quite a few replays may be missing.

e : all Zokuru's games were public. Same for Zucht and Ash. You have also one replay from Twix, and a few from Kickasser.

If you want more high level replays, you can also look at the SSD replays thread, which will be regularly updated during the tournament

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hello!

Some thoughts about this OLT...

I originally joined OLT as "my last time in SM OU" since I find the lower tiers much more enjoyable and their community way nicer. But idk how, I qualified last cycle, probably because I overestimated my opponents, and that OLT was almost purely Match-Up based (thats my feeling). As long as your team can beat the common trends, you can go as high as you want, even though you aren't very skilled. That's what happens every year during OLT. I won't give names but I will just say that ranking and gxe literally don't mean anything about the skill of a player.

Besides, I think that trying to get to top10 with stall or rain is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, if you are lazy that's ok, but I hope you realize ladder is also a fun place where you can use anything you want. I've never thought that "playstyle 1 is just a playstyle like the others". Stall has proven to be ridiculous to face, and the only reason that explains few people used it is the heavy preparation from the non-stallers, like rain+manaphy, mawile+SD chomp rocks. There's no doubt the surge in usage of Megamawile happened to prevent the stall dominance like in the past OLTs, and I really enjoyed that.

I would also like to congratulate everyone who joined OLT and tried to qualify without resorting to Stall or Rain, I've seen many original teams having success, and I don't think I deserve to qualify more than anyone else, I played well, my teams were correct, but that was the case of many other people.

Also, I've started playing in tournaments recently, and I'm quite surprised how people can be arrogant when they win X battle or qualify in OLT for exemple. It's funny to see how they often aren't using their own teams... That's why I want to congratulate the OU Teambuilders, who created the teams now spammed, and used as references. You can play as well as you want, you will need good teams to win.

It's been a while since I posted my last team! Many people asked me when I would build a new Hail team, or post my golisopod squads. Welp, here is a bunch of teams, that I all used during OLT, and are definitely epic+usable. They are built "seriously" around close to "unviable stuff", that's the building method I like the most for OU ladder (don't laugh, try it too! ).

Click on the picture for a pokepaste, in the case it doesn't work I will add an importable too:

1) GolisoGOD

Golisopod @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Swords Dance
- Spikes

Magearna @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Outrage

Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

A team built during cycle4. Golisopod is there to help pivot around mega-lopunny and scarf landorus+greninja, via emergency exit which doesnt let them get the momentum they want. In addition, it lays spikes to support a dragon/Zam sweep, and can tank zygarde/medicham too. First impression stop Mega gyarados, greninja, weakened zygarde and many more. Nite's spread tanks +1 zygarde 1k arrows after rocks, zam outspeeds +1 zygarde.

MOUETE VNR (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Hakuna matata (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish

GolisoGOD (Golisopod) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Icy Wind
- Spikes

Un dédaigneux (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Totem de mouete (Tapu Lele) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

mouete elektrik (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Chansey+Pinsir. Chansey takes advantage of zapdos to get rocks up, and hard walls greninja-ash which is a pain to deal with when using pinsir. Drill for koko and spin, and sweeps late game when pinsir kills landorus/ferro. Zap breaks stuff and is fast+beats lucha, Lele and Pinsir break past steels for each other.
edit: golisogod checks swampert (busted mon)+zygarde, and lays spikes for drill and pinsir

PowerRanger1 (Golisopod) @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Icy Wind
- First Impression
- Spikes

PowerRanger2 (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

Buddy1 (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Buddy2 (Dragonite) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 28 Def / 248 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Buddy3 (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Originally a meme team with Pinsir+Goli+Scolipede which peaked1 (lol), but i finally put lele>scoli bc pex is a thing. Dnite lures zapdos and RKs lucha/zygarde: im so lazy that I will let you put 12 evs in HP and 16 in defense like in the first team. Breloom checks gren and semi-destroys balance.
edit: same thing, golisopod helps vs scarf landorus/greninja, lays spikes, checks megapert

2) Some "normal" teams

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog

Hoopa-Unbound @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Hoopa+tapuFini core. Hoopa biggest issue when trying to beat pex or stall is getting statused, so fini comes into play. Aero fixes the speed issue and checks tornadus, FGW core and landorus for speed control.

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Taunt
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Nihilego @ Rockium Z
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Acid Spray
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic Spikes

This nihilego can lay spikes against any stall team thanks to acidspray that beats Sableye mega. I tried building other teams on this set but it nihilego is just terrible, so I paired it with gastro which fears Tspikes, and the rare jirachi for lele, Buzzwole to stop zygarde+"stallbreak" with the Tspikes. Latios kicks the ass of pex and checks kart +hits hard.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Scarf claydol (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 68 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Silver stars (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

:thonkang: (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Curse

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Tried to build around bulky Latias. The worst idea I've ever had, you need full speed for kartana and medicham. But the idea is there, latias beats zygarde on its own thx to icebeam, ferro for spikes and steela for LELE bc holy shit stop building balance that get 6-0d by lele (well I built that before the spdef bulu hype). Gliscor has a shitty set supposed to help vs stall but actually doesn't work, however ttar can help .

Kartana @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Healing Wish
- Soft-Boiled

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 76 HP / 208 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rest

Quite a good team. kartana+chansey work wonders, zone traps steels for kart. Mimi helps a fucking lot vs HO and cleans vs any playstyle, Landorus is lando, tanks mawile/uturns/zygarde and defogs, while gyara is my Sableye switchin and can 6-0 many stalls thanks to Moldbreaker+rest: the spread allows non-mega'd gyara to 1v1 gigadrain tangrowth while outspeeding tran.

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Blacephalon @ Metronome
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

i'm quite proud of this team since it actually works well, The leads are quite standard, then I added CM mag+shuca to destroy most balances, blace+metronome to break stall (if they try to stop it with sableye, then it will get weakened to the point where greninja Kos with icebeam and gets 3 spikes for free). Gyara for rain and gren ash, and kommoO is another water resist people don't prepare for and can clean.

3) Beebee

Beedrill's plan (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Allô la terre (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Dusk Manezone (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

New blob (Excadrill) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Salamalikoum (Mandibuzz) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Proxima Centauri (Tapu Lele) @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy

Almost went undeafeated between 1000 and 1900 cycle1, alo+bee is really strong lol. AV drill hard stops lele and volcarona, mandibuzz is the darkresist (scout gren ash's move with alo), zone traps steels (ferro is a pain), and lele provides a cleric+breaker to the team.

4) SUN

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Work Up

Araquanid @ Red Card
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Magic Coat
- Toxic

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast
- Celebrate

Kommo-o @ Metronome
Ability: Bulletproof
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Substitute

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

HO based on ZardY+Victini, a cool core, since tini is a threat under the sun. bisharp+sticky is a threat, and the sun helps a lot vs watershuriken. KommoO outspeed most of the meta with webs and therefore BD is usable. Metronome to sweep stalls without clefable (you can use poisonjab, but I built that during the Pyuku era, so tpunch was fine+beats pex).

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Block
- Rest

Dragounet (Hydreigon) @ Groundium Z
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Roost

Aiedail (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 48 HP / 168 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Final Gambit

Bec en feu (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 76 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 92 HP / 176 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Literally 6-0s stall. Heatran stall : ? Toxapex stall: ? nah, who uses that lol. ZardY beats stall alone, Tini destroys offense (like medi+koko+mag+lando etc) and checks lele+medi. Skarm+tang handle a ton of things, hydreigon is the dark resist and checks heatran if starmie is dead; starmie spins vs HO (outspeeds and kills drill+blace) and beats pex. Hydreigon+twave can break most balances.
edit: victini's spread tanks +1 dclaw zardX, same with starmie. You can use enough HP on tini to ohko heatran with finalgambit too, but I used this team when people started using zardX HO in highladder so I was really annoyed since it beats my team, and thus brought those spreads.

5) My beloved Hail

Akuba (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Arc-en-ciel (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Emporio (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Defog

Magellan (Magearna) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpA
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

Ovo (Reuniclus) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Recover

Northern wind (Nidoqueen) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Damn I love this team. It's a remix of my first SM team, using alo+hydreigon to check heatran/greninja/zygarde/landorus/gyara. Alomomola being setup fodder for sub zygarde, abomasnow fixes this (Abomasnow once got 5 kills vs HO: beats drill and tanks HPfire gren, tanks diamond storm diancie mega, and beats gyarados mega, zygarde and doubledance boltbeam magearna. ovO destroys rain and offense with toxicspikes support from queen, which handles mawile/koko/scizor. magearna great wincon and lele/kart check (kart is a threat tho).

Tentaskill-Ash (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Akuba (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Aiedail (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Moria (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

Hail song (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Steppe (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

An old but gold team. 1 year old I would say, but works better now that ttar and medicham are rare. Celesteela has few switchins and helps vs pinsir/lele, heatran spdef tank, pex lays tspikes vs literally everything ranging from zygarde to offensive landorus, clef cuz clefpex is good, lando helps vs koko: koko destroys this team if played correctly, but there is abo/tran/lando/clef. You can use scarf drill over lando but then becareful of medicham.

6) Volcashit (sorry but this mon sucks)

Oeuf à mouete (Torkoal) @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin

Mouete TOTEM (Xatu) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Psychic

Falaise à mouete (Golem-Alola) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wild Charge
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Mouete en FEU (Volcarona) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Mouete forte (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mouete parfumé (Whimsicott) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Memento
- Moonblast
- Defog
- U-turn

Lol. Wanted to support volc as much as possible. Golem traps heatran, xatu blocks hazards and sets screens up, whimsicott checks gren, torkoal provides spin+rocks and stops hawlucha+removes the rain so volcarona can set up two boosts while they send pelipper (you have to sack torkoal to achieve this). Kyurem stops zygarde and wallbreaks (volcarona loses to stall).

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Volcarona @ Buginium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Wish / Healing Wish
- Soft-Boiled

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Substitute

I love this team. Reached 1980 with it, lopunny vs HO=gg, volcarona works here as a wincon+scizor/kartana check, cofagrigus lays tspikes vs stall so lopunny can sweep, and checks medicham/anything hitting on the physical side, mamoswine destroys balance and checks zygarde, chansey bc rocks+gren check and stops stuff like tornadus. Starmie for heatran and spin.

Ooooof.... This was exhausting. Here are almost all the teams I used during this OLT. No doubt the best ones where "Antimetagame", "Metronome Blace" and "Ovo Hail", which all allowed me to go in the 1950s several times throughout the OLT. But surprisingly, stuff like golisopod and cofagrigus worked quite well too! Anyway, it was very fun, and now it's time for me to try to build real teams for the playoffs, since my friends want me to win ^^ I will do my best, guys!

PS: if this post is too long, please don't just delete it but put it in the SMOU bazaar pls. These are teams used for OLT so I thought I could post them here.

edit: You won't find replays with my teams, I almost never save them and most of my games are hidden either because i'm using real teams and don't want people using tools like the "replay scouter" to get data and usage stats, or because I'm using cool teams and if I don't hide I always get one retard saying shit during the games when i'm trying to chat with friends, so /ionext it all and the problems are fixed. I can try to find some if you ask it !

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Cycle 4 Qualifiers

Rank
: #1 | ELO: 2078 | GXE: 87.0% | Record: 123-60
Rank
: #2 | ELO: 2076 | GXE: 88.9% | Record: 87-25
Rank
: #3 | ELO: 2073 | GXE: 89.7% | Record: 72-12
Rank
: #4 | ELO: 2072 | GXE: 86.5% | Record: [reset]
Rank
: #5 | ELO: 2070 | GXE: 83.9% | Record: [reset]
Rank
: #6 | ELO: 2066 | GXE: 87.7% | Record: 102-42
Rank
: #7 | ELO: 2060 | GXE: 86.9% | Record: 211-106
Rank
: #8 | ELO: 2060 | GXE: 89.3% | Record: 76-12

~
- Hydreigon has been gaining some traction over the past couple cycles, with Kory dominating the second cycle using an unorthodox Medicham Slowbro team that used it as its main Ash Greninja and Heatran counterplay and Kickasser pairing it with Serp in a cool team he used to qualify this cycle. While it may not have been as prevalent as other trends seen throughout the qualifying phase, it's proved to have a fairly decent niche in the current meta and could continue to see more experimentation going into the later stages of the tournament.
- Moltres continues to pop up on high ladder stall games, this time used by qualifier Zokuru on a fairly common Stall seen in the last few cycles featuring Avalugg and Ferrothorn. Moltres is an annoying mon to deal with in general for teams that rely on the likes of Heatran as their main Stall counterplay. Moltres appears to be a pretty strong anti meta pick for Stall teams atm and has continued to see play since its debut in wcop, time will tell whether it will become a staple on the archetype or slowly fade into oblivion as many past trends have
- The combination of Sub+Glare on Serp is very annoying for a lot of teams and renders traditional serp counterplay vulnerable to its Leaf Storms. As more people continue to experiment with Serp, new building ideas are discovered such as double knock+serp used by Kickasser which allow it to become even more threatening and is reflected in its repeated appearances on teams used by top contenders and qualifiers.
- Ash Greninja also saw a lot of high ladder play and was used by qualifier Mimolette to claim the first spot in the last cycle. That said, not much has changed about it, Gren just does what it's been doing for nearly 2 years in pressuring offensive teams and annoying the hell out of Rain, which qualifier Ash Ketchumgamer used for the most part.

Notable teams:

- This Stall has been popping up in the last few cycles and got qualifier Zokuru his top spot. It utilizes a few Stall staples such as Mega Sableye and Chansey which are rarely replaced on most Stalls and get the job done pretty reliably. Clefable is the Unaware mon of choice here over the up-and-coming Pyukumuku, but that's where the staples end with Avalugg, Moltres, and Ferrothorn wrapping up the team. It's a rather interesting build that seems to have worked out pretty well in the current meta

- This is the team Kickasser used to qualify, refer to this post for a paste and brief description

- This is the team Mimolette used to qualify, with some very interesting choices such as Tentacruel and Thundurus-T, two mons that havent been explored much in USM, refer to this post for a paste an in-depth description

- As per tradition, Rain saw once again high ladder play towards the end of the cycle, this time allowing Ash ketchumgamer to clutch the 7th spot on the ladder. On this team Ash opted for triple water types: Swampert, Ash Gren and Manaphy, which put insane amounts of pressure on the opponent and cover different matchups, making for an interesting mix of breakers and sweepers.

~
Congrats to everyone who qualified this OLT and good luck in playoffs!! :blobwizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)