Role Playing Pathfinder Adventure Path: Curse of the Crimson Throne

The king is dead! In the Varisian port city of Korvosa, the death of a monarch leads to chaos, and only the PCs can hope to save the city from its own darkest tendencies. As the rule of the young queen grows more and more draconian, it's up to a band of bold adventurers to stop the spread of tyranny before all of Korvosa is crushed beneath her iron fist.

Hi everyone! I'm planning to host this campaign over on Roll20 starting in July. If you're interested in RPGs or want to try something new, feel free to sign up! As the materials necessary to host an AP are not free, however, I ask that whoever does make it into the player group helps me pay for them.

AP Description:
"Curse of the Crimson Throne is primarily an urban-based campaign set in the city of Korvosa in southeastern Varisia, although there are a few lengthy portions of the Adventure Path that take place outside of Korvosa's walls. To a certain extent, these portions of the game are intended to force urban-themed PCs out of their comfort zone, but the reverse certainly holds true. You can absolutely play a barbarian or druid or other nature-themed PC in Curse of the Crimson Throne, but you should come up with an in-character reason to explain why your non-urban character is in Korvosa at the start of the campaign, as well as why you'd want to stay in Korvosa as things inevitably start to go bad for the city. Building strong links to other player characters is a great solution—your druid or barbarian might normally just abandon the city, but not when a close friend or relative or other ally who lives in the city is in danger!" - CotCT Player's Guide

Planned Meeting Time:
I'm currently planning to meet on Wednesdays. However, that might change depending on the schedules of players.

Things that you will need:
Roll20: This is where we will actually be playing out scenarios once we start.
Tabletop Games Discord: We'll be using this Discord channel to plan things out and for out of character discussions.
Campaign Houserules: My own rules for this and any other campaigns I host

Recommended Reading:
Curse of the Crimson Throne Player's Guide (find campaign traits here)
Curse of the Crimson Throne Player's Guide PDF (more detailed version of the above)

You can find more information about Pathfinder itself (such as rules and options for building your character) in the Pathfinder SRD or in Archives of Nethys.

To sign up, make a post expressing your interest with this format:

Forum/Discord username:
Prior experience with Pathfinder or other tabletop RPGs:
Times that you can make on Wednesday in July, or other times if Wednesday doesn't work:

I'll randomly select 5 people from the list of people that sign up as players. Anyone who has signed up but does not make it into the group of players will be prioritized as substitutes in the event that one is needed. Sign up even if the list of players is full! I won't start the selection process until signups close, which will be about a week or so from now.

So, signups are over (but you can still sign up as a sub if you really want to). Results are as follows:

After rolling 1 through 6 in order of Aura Guardian to Psykoticsliver to determine the player who will be a sub instead (using https://www.random.org/), the final list of players will be Aura Guardian, von Fiedler, RODAN, dumptruckman, and Former Hope, as the number that came up was 6 (meaning that psykoticsliver will be the sub).

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 5.47.11 PM.png

Players (6/5):
Aura Guardian
vonFiedler
RODAN
dumptruckman
Former Hope

Subs (in order of priority):
Psykoticsliver
Hitmonleet

Last edited:
Aura Guardian / Aura Guardian#7172
EXP: Basically one of the core PF veterans on the tabletops server
Times: Basically whenever, though possibly not the 4th of July. If Wednesday falls through, Tues and Thurs also work.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
RODAN
pInkmoth made me play a bunch of rps. i was a notorious flake in the past, but that was in the past... i have a pretty rudimentary knowledge of PF
always and forever

Screw it

Hitmonleet
City Guard rank on the ttrpg server this is on, been a constant community member, lots of experience with PF due to those.
3-7PM EDT, but any other day most any time

Just put me down as a sub tho, due to issues with paying for the books

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)