SM OU Primarina OU

I made this team by myself using the experience I got by playing tons of games in Random Battle Format. I thought that it'd be good if I started in the competitive scene, so this my first step. I've used this time few times, more wins than losses, but I feel it lacks something (eg: Fire & Electric resistance), so if someone has any advice, go ahead and leave a comment. :)

Kartana
I really like the design of this pokemon, who would have thought that that a papercut could deal so much damage. The idea of Kart in this team is pure offense and receive all physical attacks that he can resist, sadly, he can take much Special Attacks, but that's why Primarina is on the team.
Kartana@ Babiri Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut

Espeon
I selected Espeon because with psychic moves and fairy moves, she can be really useful, that's why I gave her a Z fairy move to deal with dark 'mons and HP fire for Ferrothon and Excadrill for example. Again, is pure offense. I think that with Reflect and Light Screen set up by Tapu Koko, she can resist for many turns. Her ability Magic Bounce it's piretty broken, sometimes I guess right when they want to put up rocks or spikes, but it's a 50/50 situation, because I can get KO'd by moves like Gyro Ball or U-turn.
Espeon @ Fairium Z
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Aggron

Bulky and offensive. I find this deadly. With reflect and his ability Filter, physical moves, even if they are effective, it's little damage he takes. While he can resist all that stuff, he can attack with he's moveset while the screens are up. Sometimes I change Stealth Rock for Roar, for the people that like to setup and powerup to the infinite.
Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko
I take advantage of its speed to setup the screens for the other pokemons. Little offense I would say.
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- U-turn

Buzzwole

Just like Aggron, bulky and offensive. With power-up punch and beast boost, it can get that plus damage very quickly On the other hand, it's like Kart, very little Special Defense. That's why I try to get the screens first.
Buzzwole @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Primarina
The only one that can resist Special moves. Her base Special Defense it's good, and now with Assault Vest plus Light Screen, she's a beast, I believe, and I selected this moveset so she can be offense and of course, defense.
Primarina @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
I’ll go ahead and post this so a mod doesn’t have to, but this post is currently breaking RMT rules and is about to get locked.

“Each member of the team requires a description that includes your reason for choosing that Pokémon, the Pokémon's role on that team, and a short description of its set. This is to help raters get an idea of what each member of the team does and will help them when trying to suggest changes to improve the team. We expect at least 3 lines of descriptions on desktop for each member. The better the descriptions, the easier it is for raters to understand your team and its members.”

Go into detail about why you added what you added to your team, and why they have that specific move set.

I honestly think the team pretty solid, but yeah, it is best to at least add descriptions as to why you had chosen those specific ones.
Though, I’m not so sure about Primarina having 2 moves that deal damage and switch out, unless you were going for a “hit and run” kind of Pokemon.

I’ll go ahead and post this so a mod doesn’t have to, but this post is currently breaking RMT rules and is about to get locked.

“Each member of the team requires a description that includes your reason for choosing that Pokémon, the Pokémon's role on that team, and a short description of its set. This is to help raters get an idea of what each member of the team does and will help them when trying to suggest changes to improve the team. We expect at least 3 lines of descriptions on desktop for each member. The better the descriptions, the easier it is for raters to understand your team and its members.”

Go into detail about why you added what you added to your team, and why they have that specific move set.
Done. :) Check it out.

I honestly think the team pretty solid, but yeah, it is best to at least add descriptions as to why you had chosen those specific ones.
Though, I’m not so sure about Primarina having 2 moves that deal damage and switch out, unless you were going for a “hit and run” kind of Pokemon.
Done. Check it out. :)

Done. Check it out. :)
I think that it is best to not only rely on the screens for defense. Such as, what if an opposing Pokemon uses a PP depleting move against you? You need another form of defense. What I usually use (just in the actual games rather than showdown) Is a Graveler or a Golem when I can get my hands on it. Golem is (in my opinion) an absolute wall.

Such as, what if an opposing Pokemon uses a PP depleting move against you?
You mean Spite? Only Pyukumuku regularly uses Spite, and I think at least one person sometimes uses Spite on Mega Sableye.

Golem is (in my opinion) an absolute wall.
This is not at all helpful, because by your own admission it doesn't apply to OU in the slightest. OU is full of Water and Ground attacks that Golem wants nothing to do with.

I’ve used the team for about an hour now and I’ve made a few changes

Kartana
Leaf Blade
Sacred Sword
Giga Impact
Swords Dance
w/ Normalium Z

With Z giga impact you can break past things that would normally break your Kartana set, like Tang and Torn. Babiri berry I’m assuming was a mistake? Doesn’t fit Kartana at all.

Buzzwole -> Hawlucha
Hawlucha + Koko is a very standard core that you’ll find on the OU ladder, and this is a good team for it. Buzzwole is too slow for this team.
If you don’t like Hawlucha and want an off-meta pick, I’d use Meinshao instead, because with regenerator it can be a surprisingly bulky mon. I’ve run an AV meinshao set on a meme team before that put in surprising work.

I’m currently looking for a replacement for Aggron, I feel like it doesn’t provide enough to the team, especially with your attacking set. You seem like you’re looking for a much more offensive Pokémon rather than the utility that Aggron can normally provide. I’d rather wait for a different, more experienced player to provide input, but if they don’t, consider experimenting with a scarf rocks Landorus-T, then replacing Espeon with Mega Diancie.

Edit
New team w/ mega aggron
Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Giga Impact

Espeon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Aggron @ Aggronite
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Primarina @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
You mean Spite? Only Pyukumuku regularly uses Spite, and I think at least one person sometimes uses Spite on Mega Sableye.

This is not at all helpful, because by your own admission it doesn't apply to OU in the slightest. OU is full of Water and Ground attacks that Golem wants nothing to do with.
I was referring to Golem as an example of a wall, not one to use in OU. Though I do appreciate the constructive criticism. I am new at this. Just trying to learn.

I’ve used the team for about an hour now and I’ve made a few changes

Kartana
Leaf Blade
Sacred Sword
Giga Impact
Swords Dance
w/ Normalium Z

With Z giga impact you can break past things that would normally break your Kartana set, like Tang and Torn. Babiri berry I’m assuming was a mistake? Doesn’t fit Kartana at all.

Buzzwole -> Hawlucha
Hawlucha + Koko is a very standard core that you’ll find on the OU ladder, and this is a good team for it. Buzzwole is too slow for this team.
If you don’t like Hawlucha and want an off-meta pick, I’d use Meinshao instead, because with regenerator it can be a surprisingly bulky mon. I’ve run an AV meinshao set on a meme team before that put in surprising work.

I’m currently looking for a replacement for Aggron, I feel like it doesn’t provide enough to the team, especially with your attacking set. You seem like you’re looking for a much more offensive Pokémon rather than the utility that Aggron can normally provide. I’d rather wait for a different, more experienced player to provide input, but if they don’t, consider experimenting with a scarf rocks Landorus-T, then replacing Espeon with Mega Diancie.
Got ya buddy, i'll try that out and see how that goes.

Ok one of the most glaring problems I immediately noticed is that your team struggles hugely with scarftana.
MGron can't continue to take unboosted or not Sacred Swords.
Even with Filter
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 91-108 (26.5 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+1 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 135-160 (39.3 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Even with filter and a huge af defense it gets worn down especially with no reliable recovery and no form of cleric on your team.
I'm suggesting MVenu over MGron to threaten out Kartana and to ease the pressure on primarina as your special sponge
:aggron-mega: => :venusaur-mega:
Which leads into my next point
Primarina is a terrible sponge, in UU it's used more as a wallbreaker and in OU it's not even in the viability rankings, i.e. it's garbage in OU
As you have no ground resists other than Buzzwole who can't take ground attacks on the special side, I'm recommending
:primarina: => :celesteela:
Next change that kartana set.
Your team lacks a strong wallbreaker so I'm putting bandtana but you can go SD tana if you want ( you are running double screens after all)
Next change is (optional)
:buzzwole: => :hawlucha:
You're running koko double screens this is pret obvious. Nothing more to say
And then you need a physical wall to take care of opposing luchas
So I'm running :espeon: => :clefable:
Run 252/224/32 to OHKO lucha after rocks and it also serves as a stallbreaker (and your rocker) and your cleric
And avoid 2hko from +2 acrobatics after rocks
Also change Vswitch on koko to roost no point in running both uturn and vswitch
Kartana @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Smart Strike

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Roost
- U-turn

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Wish / Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

also i ditched a defogger because this team applies a lot of pressure and it frees up a moveslot but idk

Ok one of the most glaring problems I immediately noticed is that your team struggles hugely with scarftana.
MGron can't continue to take unboosted or not Sacred Swords.
Even with Filter
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 91-108 (26.5 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+1 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 135-160 (39.3 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Even with filter and a huge af defense it gets worn down especially with no reliable recovery and no form of cleric on your team.
I'm suggesting MVenu over MGron to threaten out Kartana and to ease the pressure on primarina as your special sponge
Dude, Buzzwole is right there. Scarf Kartana is doing nothing to Buzzwole. It just needs either Roost over Stone Edge or Poison Jab, and/or Drain Punch over Power-Up Punch, and it's got the recovery to stick around throughout the match.

As you have no ground resists other than Buzzwole who can't take ground attacks on the special side
*confused Jackie Chan*
Earth Power is uncommon as hell in OU, and it's almost always on things that Buzzwole has no business checking.

Your team isn't necessarily bad, but you made so many changes that didn't need to be made. And I'm starting to think you're just trying to squeeze Mega Venusaur into as many teams as possible just to meme.

Such as, what if an opposing Pokemon uses a PP depleting move against you?
You mean Spite?
I think they meant Taunt.

Also, you could try out Tapu Lele over Espeon; it's Psychic Surge ability makes it hit much harder than Lele (and grants your team an immunity to priority for a bit), has better STAB and can run better coverage (Focus Blast). Calm Mind and Fightinium Z would make a nice wallbreaking set for your team. Though Clefable seems like it'd fit better.

Alright, before that MrHands guy come here and get his hands on you, let me do his job... First of all, you should grab some sample teams and play with them competitively so you could get some info about current meta. Good team there you made but it has some glaring weaknesses that can't be just ignored. (No offence for anyone, just doin' someones job).

Choice band kartana 6-0s if played correctly. Mega aggron has no recovery nor buzzwole and that iapapa berry is going down someday.

Alakazam mega 6-0s with specs magnezon support, only walled by aggron and primarina where former takes heavy damage due to not being sp.def and the latter becomes volt switch bait.

SubCM Clown 6-0s after some chip on primarina. A single hydro miss and he will roast your team.

Charizard X will either 6-0s with roost or take down at least half of the team and die due to recoil, from where the opponent's team wins automatically.

Charizard Y 6-0s if the opponent keeps the rocks away.

Sand rush Drill 6-0s and your only mon that take few hits is buzzwole which gets blown away by +2 steelium Z.... chances are high that you will predict that but still sweeps your team at +2 in sand.

Koko+ lucha 6-0s where only koko is capable of taking a hit which gets OHKOed after switching in for a few times in rocks or any kind of chip damage.

Subdrum Kommo-o 6-0s your team where only mon taking hits is buzzwole. But again, any kind of serious damage and he eats your team for breakfast.

The second team that I am seeing that gets 6-0 by kyurem-B.

SubPunch Mawile mega 6-0s . Nothing to say about this mon and kind of understandable because no team walls this mon forever.

Same goes for Medicham mega. Just 6-0s.

Again, 6-0 by Rain teams.

Volcarona with psychinium Z 6-0s where your only response is primarina. A little bit of serious damage to primarina and he sweeps your team.

The rare but still used Flynium Z dragonite 6-0s after little chip on aggron.

Same goes for moxie salamance. Clean 6-0 after chip on aggron.

Shift gear Magearna 6-0s with the right coverage. Aggron is the only reliable switchin be he ain't doin' that forever as it has no recovery whatsoever.

Alolan Marowak clicks buttons and 6-0s under trick room.

Last but not least, Z conversion pory Z will eat half of your team alive if not played correctly. From that position, you lose.

Really sorry if I broke your heart or made anybody angry. I myself believe that there is no perfect team but some are better than others.
My point is that you improve the team by the help of team raters and experienced players, that's all.....
Why would you not offer help with anything?

You just went “this kills it this kills it this kills it this kills it” without any form of constructive criticism whatsoever

Well you could suggest changes to make to FIX these problems;
A team can't be expected to stop everything, and a good portion of these are non existent threats or sets that aren't even used.
I'll go through some "flaws" you posted:

Choice band kartana 6-0s if played correctly. Mega aggron has no recovery nor buzzwole and that iapapa berry is going down someday.
Good to hear, but aside from being unable to beat Scarftana, the changes recommended to the team (particularly Maggron to M-Venu and Primarina to Steela) already combat this. That issue has been acknowledged.

Alakazam mega 6-0s with specs magnezon support, only walled by aggron and primarina where former takes heavy damage due to not being sp.def and the latter becomes volt switch bait.
Again, Zam is still slower than Scarfed Kartana who has the coverage to break both with Sacred Sword and Knock Off (Also OP, change Psycho Cut to Knock Off), AND THIS ISSUE IS AGAIN FIXED BY THE PREVIOUS RECCOMENDATIONS. Though Steela hates to be worn down. If Lucha (suggested) is played it can beat Zam, and outspeeds if it chooses to use its seed early.

SubCM Clown 6-0s after some chip on primarina. A single hydro miss and he will roast your team
Unaware Clefable stalls out the Sub and can Toxic it. Kart kills it with Knoff, and it can't switch into Celesteela's Seeds.

Same goes for moxie salamance. Clean 6-0 after chip on aggron.
MoxieMence. MOXIE MENCE???? Look that doesn't even EXIST anymore outside of plain bad teams because Dragonite and Gyarados are better in almost every way. Kartana is a far better physical sweeper. Look at it's analysis:
"Salamence's good overall stats aren't enough to save it from being an extremely mediocre Dragon Dance sweeper, leaving it heavily outclassed by the likes of Gyarados and Mega Gyarados. "

Koko+ lucha 6-0s where only koko is capable of taking a hit which gets OHKOed after switching in for a few times in rocks or any kind of chip damage.
Well uh... we have that too... and Clef kinda like completely walls Lucha but ok.

Volcarona with psychinium Z 6-0s where your only response is primarina. A little bit of serious damage to primarina and he sweeps your team.
A little bit of serious damage. Huh. Well Steela or Venu can tank a hit or (ideally) seed on a predicted switch/ QDance, then Clef can sit through basically anything and casually sit through your Psychium Z if it has an IQ above room temperature.

Last but not least, Z conversion pory Z will eat half of your team alive if not played correctly. From that position, you lose.
That thing doesn't even exist. Let me ask you, seriously, when was the last time you saw one of those? On an actual decent player's team?

Look, these are threats and I'm not denying it.

The team is far from perfect.

But you can't prepare for everything.

Only stall does that.

Well you could suggest changes to make to FIX these problems;
A team can't be expected to stop everything, and a good portion of these are non existent threats or sets that aren't even used.
I'll go through some "flaws" you posted:

Good to hear, but aside from being unable to beat Scarftana, the changes recommended to the team (particularly Maggron to M-Venu and Primarina to Steela) already combat this. That issue has been acknowledged.

Again, Zam is still slower than Scarfed Kartana who has the coverage to break both with Sacred Sword and Knock Off (Also OP, change Psycho Cut to Knock Off), AND THIS ISSUE IS AGAIN FIXED BY THE PREVIOUS RECCOMENDATIONS. Though Steela hates to be worn down. If Lucha (suggested) is played it can beat Zam, and outspeeds if it chooses to use its seed early.

Unaware Clefable stalls out the Sub and can Toxic it. Kart kills it with Knoff, and it can't switch into Celesteela's Seeds.

MoxieMence. MOXIE MENCE???? Look that doesn't even EXIST anymore outside of plain bad teams because Dragonite and Gyarados are better in almost every way. Kartana is a far better physical sweeper. Look at it's analysis:
"Salamence's good overall stats aren't enough to save it from being an extremely mediocre Dragon Dance sweeper, leaving it heavily outclassed by the likes of Gyarados and Mega Gyarados. "

Well uh... we have that too... and Clef kinda like completely walls Lucha but ok.

A little bit of serious damage. Huh. Well Steela or Venu can tank a hit or (ideally) seed on a predicted switch/ QDance, then Clef can sit through basically anything and casually sit through your Psychium Z if it has an IQ above room temperature.

That thing doesn't even exist. Let me ask you, seriously, when was the last time you saw one of those? On an actual decent player's team?

Look, these are threats and I'm not denying it.

The team is far from perfect.

But you can't prepare for everything.

Only stall does that.
;) Nice dude, the threat list is for the original team BTW. I accept that most of these threats doesn't exist in the high ladder, but as the poster stated that he is indeed new in competitive so he will be most likely to be seeing these mons. You should be reading everything dude, I myself stated that no team is perfect but we can make an average team better by fixing the holes of the team so all I did was gave the team raters an idea about the holes of the team so they could make the team better much easily. Aside from that, I mean no offence and I really apologise if I hurted you. One more thing friend, if you really wanna help the team maker, you should be finding flaws in the original team and fixing them, finding flaws in my post will not help you.

I think they meant Taunt.

Also, you could try out Tapu Lele over Espeon; it's Psychic Surge ability makes it hit much harder than Lele (and grants your team an immunity to priority for a bit), has better STAB and can run better coverage (Focus Blast). Calm Mind and Fightinium Z would make a nice wallbreaking set for your team. Though Clefable seems like it'd fit better.
Clefable is there to prevent lucha going 6-0, which lele can't do at +2

I made this team by myself using the experience I got by playing tons of games in Random Battle Format. I thought that it'd be good if I started in the competitive scene, so this my first step. I've used this time few times, more wins than losses, but I feel it lacks something (eg: Fire & Electric resistance), so if someone has any advice, go ahead and leave a comment. :)

Kartana
I really like the design of this pokemon, who would have thought that that a papercut could deal so much damage. The idea of Kart in this team is pure offense and receive all physical attacks that he can resist, sadly, he can take much Special Attacks, but that's why Primarina is on the team.
Kartana@ Babiri Berry
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut

Espeon
I selected Espeon because with psychic moves and fairy moves, she can be really useful, that's why I gave her a Z fairy move to deal with dark 'mons and HP fire for Ferrothon and Excadrill for example. Again, is pure offense. I think that with Reflect and Light Screen set up by Tapu Koko, she can resist for many turns. Her ability Magic Bounce it's piretty broken, sometimes I guess right when they want to put up rocks or spikes, but it's a 50/50 situation, because I can get KO'd by moves like Gyro Ball or U-turn.
Espeon @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Aggron

Bulky and offensive. I find this deadly. With reflect and his ability Filter, physical moves, even if they are effective, it's little damage he takes. While he can resist all that stuff, he can attack with he's moveset while the screens are up. Sometimes I change Stealth Rock for Roar, for the people that like to setup and powerup to the infinite.
Aggron @ Aggronite
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko
I take advantage of its speed to setup the screens for the other pokemons. Little offense I would say.
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- U-turn

Buzzwole

Just like Aggron, bulky and offensive. With power-up punch and beast boost, it can get that plus damage very quickly On the other hand, it's like Kart, very little Special Defense. That's why I try to get the screens first.
Buzzwole @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Primarina
The only one that can resist Special moves. Her base Special Defense it's good, and now with Assault Vest plus Light Screen, she's a beast, I believe, and I selected this moveset so she can be offense and of course, defense.
Primarina @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Alright friends, let me fix my mistake. I will assume that the team is balance, build around primarina, so I won't replace it. I am not the best team builder but I will do my best to improve the team so, Let's get started-

:kartana:Babiri berry set--> Normalium Z SD set. Babiri berry kartana doesn't exist. Reason behind using this particular set is that it synergies nicely with your team and I will talk about it later. Other than that, it works as a good wallbreaker/stallbreaker if skarmory is eliminated in stall teams. Here's the set-
Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact
So sacred sword is used instead of smart strike because it gives kartana much better coverage along with leaf blade. Giga Impact with normal z allows it to break past through zapdos, tornadus-t and tangrowth, the biggest roadblocks to scarf kart.

:tapu koko:Screens--> Defog pivot. Screens just doesn't work with balance builds as nicely as it works on Hyper offence. Its basically like you are wasting a mon. Defog koko will work as a revenge killer in your team and as a defoger. It also checks charizard Y and celesteela, and forms a very nice core with the next mon. Here's the set for it as well-
Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
20 HP with 20 Spd will ensure that Mega latios never OHKO it after rocks and it has enough speed for weavile.

:buzzwole:--> :hawlucha: Its the most common change that your team needs. Buzzwole ain't work well with this team whereas lucha works as a solid late game sweeper and kinda fix the problem of the lack of choice scarfer in the team. Here's the set-
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost
Maximum Attack is used so Hawlucha hits as hard as possible, and 124 Speed EVs help it outspeed all Pokemon up to Jolly Sand Rush Excadrill. 96 HP EVs, along with 36 SpD EVs, enable Hawlucha to survive a Moonblast from Clefable and 2HKO it with Acrobactics. Now you got that why I chose normal Z kart over scarf? Yeah, its right, to get rid of zapdos, the best counter to lucha if it ain't running stone edge.Kart lures and kills zapdos, from that position, lucha sweeps if its other checks are weakened enough. Don't think that kart is useless against people who don't have zapdos as kart is a self sufficient wallbreaker with that set. Roost is used to keep lucha healthy.

:primarina:Assault vest set--> RestTalk set. Your team had primarina as the only ash gren check, so a defensive primarina was needed. Trust me, this set is way better than AV as it checks ash gren and the set has a reliable recovery with sleep talk. Here are the calcs-
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Primarina: 133-157 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Meaning that you can take 2 specs hydros ( 1 on the switch and 1 after it ) from ash gren and then use rest to recover any damage. Here's the set as well-
Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

:aggron-mega:-->:Mawile-mega: Since aggron isn't the best bulky attacker in the OU tier and Mawile was an option, therefore I used this mon to complete the wallbreaker/late game sweeper core with lucha. Its simple as it seems, mawile weakens bulky mons like lando-t, toxapex, celesteela, skarmory etc. for lucha to sweep. Yeah your team has three fairies now but koko doesn't count and primarina is necessary. This ain't a problem because the rest of the team covers most of the team weaknesses. Here's the set for it as well-
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
The all out attacker set is used as the team has other set up sweepers. 164 Speed EVs allow Mega Mawile to outspeed Sassy Mega Venusaur and everything below it. Thunder punch let it OHKO toxapex after some chip and 2HKO celesteela. Fire fang eats mega scizor and ferrothorn for breakfast. This is optional change and Mega aggron can be used instead to take on psychic types like tapu lele and alakazam. Mega tyranitar also works fine in this slot.

:espeon:-->:Landorus-Therian: The team had a Z move user and was lacking another defensive mon to take hits, so I chose this mon for the job. Defensive lando works very nicely with koko and mawile/ tyranitar/aggron due to the fact that it gives them free switches to wallbreak in case of latter and forms a solid VoltTurn core ( U-Turn core in this case ) with tapu koko. It can also soft check lopunny and other physical attackers. Here's the set for it too-
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
Helmet is used to punish physical attackers but leftover can also be used to give it some ( not the best ) form of recovery. HP ice is used to take care of garchomp and opposing lando as its very beneficial for both mawile and lucha. The listed Speed EVs allow Landorus-T to outrun Modest Heatran and Timid Magearna while maximizing defensive utility.

I tried my best to improve the team and in doing so, I literally changed a lot in the team. Sorry for that. The main motto of this team is to weaken the opposition team with kart and mawile/tyranitar and then sweep with lucha. The new team doesn't have very big holes but as I am not the best team builder, it has its own weaknesses such as lack of bulky steel type to take on psychic types, Heatran ( maybe earthquake for it ), opposing kartana, Shift gear magearna, Mega mawile ( but who walls it anyway? ). That is why I said mawile is completely optional. Keep in mind that if you are having trouble with above mons, just switch mawile for either mega aggron or mega tyranitar. Still, the team works just fine, has a very nice synergy and will take you to 1700-1800 in very less time. From there, you are on your own.
New team after the changes ( click it for importables ) -
:landorus-therian::tapu koko::mawile-mega:/:tyranitar-mega::primarina::kartana::hawlucha:
I once again apologies for that post. Hope you like the new team, enjoy :)

Last edited:
Alright friends, let me fix my mistake. I will assume that the team is balance, build around primarina, so I won't replace it. I am not the best team builder but I will do my best to improve the team so, Let's get started-

:kartana:Babiri berry set--> Normalium Z SD set. Babiri berry kartana doesn't exist. Reason behind using this particular set is that it synergies nicely with your team and I will talk about it later. Other than that, it works as a good wallbreaker/stallbreaker if skarmory is eliminated in stall teams. Here's the set-
Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact
So sacred sword is used instead of smart strike because it gives kartana much better coverage along with leaf blade. Giga Impact with normal z allows it to break past through zapdos, tornadus-t and tangrowth, the biggest roadblocks to scarf kart.

:tapu koko:Screens--> Defog pivot. Screens just doesn't work with balance builds as nicely as it works on Hyper offence. Its basically like you are wasting a mon. Defog koko will work as a revenge killer in your team and as a defoger. It also checks charizard Y and celesteela, and forms a very nice core with the next mon. Here's the set for it as well-
Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
20 HP with 20 Spd will ensure that Mega latios never OHKO it after rocks and it has enough speed for weavile.

:buzzwole:--> :hawlucha: Its the most common change that your team needs. Buzzwole ain't work well with this team whereas lucha works as a solid late game sweeper and kinda fix the problem of the lack of choice scarfer in the team. Here's the set-
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost
Maximum Attack is used so Hawlucha hits as hard as possible, and 124 Speed EVs help it outspeed all Pokemon up to Jolly Sand Rush Excadrill. 96 HP EVs, along with 36 SpD EVs, enable Hawlucha to survive a Moonblast from Clefable and 2HKO it with Acrobactics. Now you got that why I chose normal Z kart over scarf? Yeah, its right, to get rid of zapdos, the best counter to lucha if it ain't running stone edge.Kart lures and kills zapdos, from that position, lucha sweeps if its other checks are weakened enough. Don't think that kart is useless against people who don't have zapdos as kart is a self sufficient wallbreaker with that set. Roost is used to keep lucha healthy.

:primarina:Assault vest set--> RestTalk set. Your team had primarina as the only ash gren check, so a defensive primarina was needed. Trust me, this set is way better than AV as it checks ash gren and the set has a reliable recovery with sleep talk. Here are the calcs-
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Primarina: 133-157 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Meaning that you can take 2 specs hydros ( 1 on the switch and 1 after it ) from ash gren and then use rest to recover any damage. Here's the set as well-
Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

:aggron-mega:-->:Mawile-mega: Since aggron isn't the best bulky attacker in the OU tier and Mawile was an option, therefore I used this mon to complete the wallbreaker/late game sweeper core with lucha. Its simple as it seems, mawile weakens bulky mons like lando-t, toxapex, celesteela, skarmory etc. for lucha to sweep. Yeah your team has three fairies now but koko doesn't count and primarina is necessary. This ain't a problem because the rest of the team covers most of the team weaknesses. Here's the set for it as well-
Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
The all out attacker set is used as the team has other set up sweepers. 164 Speed EVs allow Mega Mawile to outspeed Sassy Mega Venusaur and everything below it. Thunder punch let it OHKO toxapex after some chip and 2HKO celesteela. Fire fang eats mega scizor and ferrothorn for breakfast. This is optional change and Mega aggron can be used instead to take on psychic types like tapu lele and alakazam. Mega tyranitar also works fine in this slot.

:espeon:-->:Landorus-Therian: The team had a Z move user and was lacking another defensive mon to take hits, so I chose this mon for the job. Defensive lando works very nicely with koko and mawile/ tyranitar/aggron due to the fact that it gives them free switches to wallbreak in case of latter and forms a solid VoltTurn core ( U-Turn core in this case ) with tapu koko. It can also soft check lopunny and other physical attackers. Here's the set for it too-
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
Helmet is used to punish physical attackers but leftover can also be used to give it some ( not the best ) form of recovery. HP ice is used to take care of garchomp and opposing lando as its very beneficial for both mawile and lucha. The listed Speed EVs allow Landorus-T to outrun Modest Heatran and Timid Magearna while maximizing defensive utility.

I tried my best to improve the team and in doing so, I literally changed a lot in the team. Sorry for that. The main motto of this team is to weaken the opposition team with kart and mawile/tyranitar and then sweep with lucha. The new team doesn't have very big holes but as I am not the best team builder, it has its own weaknesses such as lack of bulky steel type to take on psychic types, Heatran ( maybe earthquake for it ), opposing kartana, Shift gear magearna, Mega mawile ( but who walls it anyway? ). That is why I said mawile is completely optional. Keep in mind that if you are having trouble with above mons, just switch mawile for either mega aggron or mega tyranitar. Still, the team works just fine, has a very nice synergy and will take you to 1700-1800 in very less time. From there, you are on your own.
New team after the changes ( click it for importables ) -
:landorus-therian::tapu koko::mawile-mega:/:tyranitar-mega::primarina::kartana::hawlucha:
I once again apologies for that post. Hope you like the new team, enjoy :)
I tested this team myself and found out that it lacks some speed control despite having lucha due to lucha can be used only one time and the team also lacks a bit defensive answers to some prominent threats. Therefore, I made some changes which are listed below-

:landorus-therian::rocky helmet:-->:landorus-therian::choice scarf: For some speed control and revenge killing purposes. Sets of all pokemon are below.

:tapu koko::leftovers:-->:tapu koko::electrium Z: As lando was carrying defog, I made koko the Z user to add more firepower in the team as I replaced kartana with another mon.

:mawile mega:-->:tyranitar mega: Just for stealth rocks and a bit tanky mon, I used this as he weakens lando by stone edges since most people use lando as a pivot on a t-tar, therefore helping lucha in its sweep.

:primarina: This mon is fine but if you want you could make this choice specs. But keep in mind that the team will become bit less bulky. Here's the set if you wanna use specs-
Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Sparkling Aria
- Psychic

:kartana:-->:ferrothorn: Team was kinda weak to water attacks and fairy/psychic mons give the team bit trouble, so I replaced kart with ferro and having a bulky steel type is always a good idea.

:hawlucha: This mon is fine.

This team is kind of improved version of the team made by me. Ferrothorn + Primarina is a solid defensive core and scaf lando gives speed control. As for the Z, putted it on koko. Unison DU wanted to build around primarina, therefore I kept it. Look likes I changed the whole team, sorry for that. Here is the team-
:landorus-therian::tapu koko::tyranitar mega::primarina::hawlucha::ferrothorn:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)