Raichu

Raichu

Raichu is the final evolution of the 'chu' family.
Base Stats:
HP:60
Attack:90
Defence:55
Sp.Attack:90
Sp.Defence 80
Speed:100​

Moves:​
Movepool: (Pichu) Lv1: ThunderShock, Lv1: Charm, Lv5: Tail Whip, Lv10: Thunder Wave, Lv13: Sweet Kiss, Lv18: Nasty Plot
(Pikachu) Lv1: Growl, Lv1: ThunderShock, Lv5: Tail Whip, Lv10: Thunder Wave, Lv13: Quick Attack, Lv18: Electi Ball, Lv21: Double Team, Lv26: Slam, Lv29: Thunderbolt, Lv34: Feint, Lv37: Agility, Lv42: Discharge, Lv45: Light Screen, Lv50: Thunder​

TM list: Learnable TMs: , TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM15 - Hyper Beam, TM16 - Light Screen, TM17 - Protect, TM18 - Rain Dance, TM21 - Frustration, TM24 - Thunderbolt, TM25 - Thunder, TM27 - Return, TM28 - Dig, TM31 - Brick Break, TM32 - Double Team, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM46 - Thief, TM48 - Troll, TM49 - Echo Voice, TM52 - Focus Blast, TM56 - Fling, TM57 - Charge Beam, TM68 - Giga Impact, TM70 - Flash, TM72 - Volt Charge, TM73 - Thunder Wave, TM86 - Grass Knot, TM87 - Swagger, TM90 - Substitute, TM93 - Wild Bolt, TM94 - Rock Smash, HM04 - Strength​

Egg moves:Reversal ,Bide, Present, Encore, DoubleSlap Wish, Charge, Fake Out ThunderPunch, Tickle, Flail, Endure, Lucky Chant, Gift Pass​

Singles Set

Nature: Timid/Modest
Move1:Thunder Bolt
Move2:Hidden Power Ice/Focus Blast
Move 3:Agility
Move4:Encore
EVS: 4 HP, 252Sp.Attack, 252 Speed
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod​

-You can either choose Thunder or ThunderBolt depending on if or if not your using a rain dance team. Thunder is a better option if your running a rain dance team.​

-Hidden power Ice is mostly for hitting dragon types and focus blast for hitting steel types.
-NastyPlot/Agility to attempt to sweep your opponents team.
-Raichu is a very good switch in to electric types. Encore is to lock-in an opponent into a Electric Type move so Raichu can get the Sp.Attack boosts with lightning rod.

Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Move1:Volt Tackle
Move2:Substitue
Move 3:Focus Punch
Move4:Encore/Grass Knot
EVS: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Item:Leftovers
Ability: Static
-SubPunching Raichu packs a lot of power to hit many pokemon, mainly Steel and Normal types. (Blissey for example.)
-Volt Tackle is a very powerful physical type attack which hits many pokemon hard.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
include bullet points on why you chose the moves for each set

on the nasty plot/agility set you dont need volt switch since that loses your boosts.

you can also combine the life orb/leftovers set as they're basically the same things with a different item.

might need a few formatting changes but i'll decide on that later, after these things are fixed.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man, I forgot all about Lightningrod's effect in doubles. Raichu could be the hot new thing in VGC competitions; pair it with Manectric or Electivire and Discharge spam could become one of the douchiest strategies ever.

The thing about Discharge spam is that you lose to basically any Ground-type. One Earthquake takes down both your pokes. It would work better with Lightningrod Zapdos, if that gets released.

I've been waiting pretty anxiously for Lightningrod Zapdos, myself.

I don't have a comprehensive set to post for Doubles Raichu, since my experience is limited with it, but if you do post one don't forget about Fake Out.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you want to use that coolest electric type around, you need make sure it isn't outclassed by Thundurus. The first sets cool but encore shouldn't be slashed at all, its the only thing that makes Raichu viable. Secondly, slash air balloon as an item choice because immunity to ground is cool and you can screw over EQ users by encoring EQ.

The second set is kinda bleh since Thundurus can do it better. Try:

name: Sub Punch
move 1: Volt Tackle
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Focus Punch
move 4: Encore / Grass Knot
item: Leftovers
ability: Lightningrod Static
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 spe

The main set is waaaaay to slashy. There's no need to slash Thunder when you mention using Thunder in the set comments if Rain is present. Agility doesn't deserve a slash because Raichu isn't strong enough to abuse it and likewise Substitute doesn't deserve a slash either.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The thing about Discharge spam is that you lose to basically any Ground-type. One Earthquake takes down both your pokes. It would work better with Lightningrod Zapdos, if that gets released.
Ok. Nice post. But I need you to think about that for a second.

1) Disharge targets everything. Even if Landorus comes in, my partner is still getting hit (boosted).

2) We know Ground types are immune to Electric. Which is why Hidden Power Grass/Ice/Grass Knot are omnipresent on sets for Electric-types. When was the last time you saw an Electric-type and went "oh, Gliscor can wall this!"?

3) How many Ground-types are faster than Manectric? Let's run down the list: Dugtrio.

Yep, that's it.

In VGC, you should be more concerned with strategy than type match-ups. Only 4 Pokemon are gonna show up, and they will all most likely be
offensive. Execute, execute, execute.

Exeggcute.

Okay, I was overstating it when I said you lose to any Ground-type. But my point is they only have to EQ once, and that doesn't seem too hard. Choice Scarf, Trick Room, Sand Rush, Tailwind, Rage Powder, Focus Sash... The strategy is viable, I guess, but it strikes me as a tad too risky.

Man, I forgot all about Lightningrod's effect in doubles. Raichu could be the hot new thing in VGC competitions; pair it with Manectric or Electivire and Discharge spam could become one of the douchiest strategies ever.
Same theory here, but an Eviolite Porygon2 is bulky, can spam Discharge...but can also use Ice Beam to assist with Ground types.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you want to use that coolest electric type around, you need make sure it isn't outclassed by Thundurus. The first sets cool but encore shouldn't be slashed at all, its the only thing that makes Raichu viable. Secondly, slash air balloon as an item choice because immunity to ground is cool and you can screw over EQ users by encoring EQ.

The second set is kinda bleh since Thundurus can do it better. Try:

name: Sub Punch
move 1: Volt Tackle
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Focus Punch
move 4: Encore / Grass Knot
item: Leftovers
ability: Lightningrod
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 spe

The main set is waaaaay to slashy. There's no need to slash Thunder when you mention using Thunder in the set comments if Rain is present. Agility doesn't deserve a slash because Raichu isn't strong enough to abuse it and likewise Substitute doesn't deserve a slash either.
if i could luvdisc single posts i would luvdisc this one!

totally agree with this set!

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Sadly, it appears that Lightningrod and Focus Punch are incompatible - LR requires breeding in the 5th gen, and Focus Punch requires existence in gens 3 or 4 (FP is not a TM in gen 5).

Raichu Doubles Set

Role: Raichu at first glance doesn’t look like a very good pokemon. It is fragile, doesn’t have the best attack, and is weak to the common Ground type move. However, Raichu isn’t meant to tank hits or deal damage. It is gifted with a high speed, Fake Out, and Lightning Rod, a gift no other pokemon has.

Stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 90
Defense: 55
Special Attack: 90
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 100

Set: Lightning Rod
Raichu @ Focus Sash/Shuca Berry
Lightning Rod
Timid
252 SpAtk, 236 Spe, 20 HP
Fake Out
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice/Grass Knot
Protect/Encore

Raichu is useful when you have a Discharge partner, such as Thundurus or Zapdos. This is where Fake Out comes in. Their choice is a hard one. They either get one pokemon disabled for a turn and let Raichu get hit by a Discharge, giving it a boost, or double Protect and still let Raichu get a boost. Thunderbolt is a good STAB to have, as it hits Flying types such as Tornadus hard. Hidden Power Ice hits everything that Thunderbolt doesn’t, but loses to Gastrodon and Lanturn. Grass Knot hits Gastrodon hard, but it loses to Dragon and Grass types. The choice between Protect/Feint is tough. You can either have a way to outwit your opponent, or stop take advantage of their Fake Outs and Protects with their Encore.

Notes:

Keep in mind that Raichu may be an Electric type, but abuse of Thunder in Rain isn’t a good idea. There are better Fake Out pokemon to use in Rain, such as Toxicroak and Ludicolo. Raichu has its own niche in Lightning Rod. The EVs given allow Raichu to out speed max speed neutral natured base 110s. The rest of the EVs are put into Special Attack and HP. The item is the simplest choice of all. As Raichu doesn’t have much bulk at all, Focus Sash is the obvious choice. However, if Focus Sash is already on your team, Shuca Berry is the better choice. Some notable moves on Raichu are Helping Hand for support, but Raichu, again, has very little bulk to pull of support. Feint also gets mention, as it beats Protects on your pokemon.

Ughh... Fonts I'll fix.
EDIT: Fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)