SM OU [Rain HO] V for Vuicide

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
Introduction :
Hey everyone! I was reading BKC's post about the ideas he got after the Snake Draft 2019 [https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-snake-draft-2019-ou-discussion.3653598/post-8261546] and some of his ideas inspired me to build a Rain Team based around ZKB. As he said, ZKB is incredibly threatening in rain, his Z-Freeze Shock being a nuke in the OU tier due to the few mons resisting Ice and KB's monstruous ATK stat. Although I'm not using the Pelipper set he talked about, ZKB turned out to be a fearsome breaker in a regular rain team.
But BKC also talked about the power provided by the combination of ZKB and Final Gambit Scarf Tini in hyper offensive teams. And this is where my dumb ass comes into play, because I thought about combining ZKB+Rain and ZKB+ScarfTini. And this is what this RMT is about.

Teambuilding :

646BMS.png

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

The first member of the team is obviously going to be Kyurem Black.
KB is, as I said in the introduction, a fearsome wallbreaker in the OU tier, with a reputation of completely tearing balance teams apart. Kyurem works well in rain, being a Grass and Water resist for the team, as well as being a Rotom-W switch in if you don't care about being burned. Z-Freeze Shock is one of the strongest Z-Moves available in OU, dealing insane damage due to the max investment in Atk. Fusion Bolt is a great reliable move than benefits from KB's insane attack, useful to deal with SpDef RotomW, Pex, and bulky waters in general. Ice Beam is a spammable STAB, used to KO weakened mons, and Earth Power is there for coverage, making KB able to 2HKO Bold RotomW after rocks. Hasty is prefered over Naive so KB can switch into Gren's Water moves outside of rain (yes, this team is stupid weak to AshGren). Overall, KB is a very solid early-game breaker, useful in the mid-game to switch into some resisted moves.

PELIPPER.png

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn​

This wouldn't be a rain team without a rain setter, so here's a very classic Pelipper.
Scald is there to cripple opponents with this sweet sweet 30% chance to burn, along with hitting for surprisingly good damage under rain. Roost is there for longevity, and U-Turn is useful to safely bring in one of the beasts of the team. Hurricane allows Pelipper to safely check Hawlucha, the Def investment helping to take +2 Acrobatics from Adamant Lucha, but also Supersonic Skystrike from Lando. The SpDef EVs are helpful to take hits on the special side without having to be in a delicate position. Pelipper can serve as a last-resort check against Scarf Kart locked into Smart Strike or Sacred Sword if Torn already took some hits.

SWAMPERT.png

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock​

Another very classic set, Mega Swampert is the absolute best rain sweeper in the entire game.
Swampert works as an Electric immunity for the team, and is a very potent Rocks setter, since this beast forces a lot of switches.
I really can't decide which nature I prefer between Adamant and Jolly. The latter allows Pert to outspeed Scarf Kart under the rain, but the power difference is huge. I would recommand Jolly for the team because this team is a little bit weak to Kart and having Pert as a potential revenge killer with EQ can come in handy in certain situations. Aside from that, Waterfall hits like a truck under the rain, STAB EQ has been one of the better moves in the entire games since RBY and Ice Punch is there for coverage. Superpower is an option in case you find yourself struggling with Kart/Ferro, but I'm not the biggest fan of no-ice Pert.

ASHGREN.png

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes​

The next member of the squad is going to be Choice Specs Greninja.
I run Specs over Mystic Water that can be found on certains sets because the power difference is very noticeable, and I don't mind being locked in on a move most of the times. Similarly to Swampert, Spikes are there as a move clickable when you're sure your opponent is going to switch. It can force your opponent to defog, allowing for a free set-up turn or a free Z with KB. HPump is an option over Surf for all the crazy players out there, mainly because Surf can sometimes be disappointly weak when rain's not up. Gren is an incredible late game cleaner, keeping it in the back can force your opponent to think twice about switching their Fini or Bulu on the likes of Pert.

TORNT.png

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Taunt​

Tornadus-T is a stable in rain these days for its ability to Defog while checking immense threats like Kartana or non-Gyro Ferrothorn.
The EV investment allows you to outrun non-scarf Serperior and to be as bulky as possible at the same time. Taunt is there to Defog against Rockers like Excadrill or Ferro, and is useful against fat mons like Pex or Chansey. Speaking of Chansey, Knock Off is there to remove items such as Chansey's Eviolite or Mag's AV. Hurricane is there for STAB and allows you to deal with an annoying Scizor or Bulu, Hurri being 100% accurate under the Rain.

VICTINI.png

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Final Gambit​

Last but certainly not least, Scarf Tini is what makes this team bad unique.
The ability to play a 5v5 against a team that relies on the member you're getting rid of is incredibly useful against tough match-ups. Even though you're mainly going to click Final Gambit, U-Turn is there for momentum, Bolt Strike is there to pick off KOs on weakened Bulky Waters, and V-Create allows Vic to be a pseudo-check to Mega Zam. The HP investment allows you to hit 394 and OHKO max HP Clefairy and below. The attack investment is there to maximize V-Create's damage output, and max speed is there for obvious reasons.
Getting rid of a RotomW or a Zapdos turn 1 can free up Swampert or Gren to wreck havoc on the opposing team.

Import : https://pokepast.es/ada91d7d4f5b5299

Threatlist :

MegaZam & AshGren​

This is pretty straigtforward but whitout a 100% HP Victini, Alakazam will completely tear the team apart, especially the Energy Ball variant running around in OU. The lack of special walls in the team makes me wanna run Defog Pelipper and Ferrothorn instead of Torn, but that leaves us extremely weak to Scarf/ZFight Kartana.
Same goes with AshGren, the best thing I found to deal with this monster is to get your Battle Bond before the opposing Gren, to use your fresh new AshGren to check the opposing one.

Conclusion :
This team is incredibly fun to use. Even though it's extremely weak to top tier threats such as AshGren or some Magerna variants, the combination of Victini + ZKB can really catch your opponent off guard. You lead Vic, you Final Gambit, you get a kill. You get in KB, you click Z, you get another one. And then the usual rain boys stomp the rest of the opposing team.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)