Ability: Pressure
EVs: 96 HP / 100 Def / 144 SpA / 112 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Protect

The team started out with the core of suicune and breloom. Suicune is my bulky tailwind setter and probably the most valuable member of my fwg core given it is the only form of speed control. I find that if I play my cards right, though, I'm able to get tailwind blowing at least twice in a match with this bad boy. The ev's allow for decent bulk and in tailwind it outspeeds opposing Mega Aerodactyl

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Breloom is one of two ways to deal with bulky water types on this team. Fast spore, priority in mach punch, damage in bullet seed, and protect is the best move in the game. Max speed to at worst speed tie with other breloom. Under tailwind it just outspeeds neutral natured venosaur in the sun, togeflinch under tailwind, and speed boost blaziken. The rest in attack to do as much damage as posdible. Focus sash because I like not having to worry about my grass type friend dying every turn. My answer to rain right now is not necessarily breloom as a lead, but I try to preserve him and rotom until the end. Not such a great matchup to be honest.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Wide Guard

Because breloom appreciates a dead talonflame, I went with a blazing fast and muy powerful rock slide user in Mega Aerodactyl. Flinches can decide matches and wide guard can come in handy. He's super frail, but with a little redirection he's quite good. I play a lot of mind games with opponents. Okay, I've revealed wide guard, I have follow me support, do you feel lucky punk? Ironically he's weak to wide guard himself and I think I'll drop non-stab earthquake for fire fang. Also seems a tad redundant to have wide guard and protect but wide guard is his niche (and seems necessary) while protect is protect. We all know megas get doubled into.

Rotom-Heat @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Yep, offensive rotom is my favorite rotom. Another mon that appreciates tailwind but does just fine without it. Not much thought went into this one. Max attack to catch opponents off guard, enough speed to be faster than max speed base 60s plus anything trying to creep on that speed tier with the rest in Hp. He rounds out my fwg core and can pick up some surprise ko's on bulky waters as well as take like one good hit. HP Ice because psuedo-bolt beam. Protect is the best move in the game. Thunderbolt for reliable damage and overheat as a last resort. Right now, rotom is the only mon on the team who can sit next to aerodactyl as he earthquakes but that's yet another reason why I picked this mon. He just seemed perfect for what I needed. I am a little biased in that I've used this set before and had way too much fun with it, though.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

Bisharp loves tailwind oriented teams and in my case he probably loves it even more because a) the team is a little weak to intimidate cores and b) I didn't want to flat out lose to mega guardevoir or sylveon. He really hurts most trick room setters. I originally had klefki in this spot and feel a little dumb for not considering this monster sooner.

Clefable @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 28 SpA / 68 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Helping Hand

The glue that keeps this frail team together. Redirection is key to sleeping or dishing out damage in a short amount of time or avoiding statuses. Moonblast does respectable damage in the event of a taunt and helping hand round out this amazing set. Survives an iron head from opposing bisharp and flash cannon from aegislash. Unaware because until yesterday I was still quite low on the ladder and every other mon is a set up mon when you aren't good at pokemon.

Anyway, think I could use another form of speed control. This team is far from perfect and I tend to lose to really obscure gimmicks like normalize delcatty. More than anything, I just want to hear some thoughts.

Hi, Garris_san! It's interesting that you brought the old school "Breloom + Suicune" core, which is still solid. I really don't see an issue with Breloom, but I certainly can tell that you altered Smogon Dex's original EV spread of Suicune. I recommend that you change them back to 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 40 SpD / 56 Spe (Bold Nature) as preserving even 2-3% of Suicune's HP can help you ensure your victory when it truly matters. (Yes, I calculated their differences.) I've also seen effective use of Suicune's Protect with Leftovers, but you might want to try one that uses that infamous Snarl. Hydro Pump over Scald is preferable for greater damage output, too.

-->

For the matter of your other mons, you may want to replace some of them. For example, Mega Aerodactyl is certainly a great mon to have around, but it can be said that it is a waste of a Mega slot. Instead, you may find Scarfed or AV Landorus-T better to use. This is not only because of its weaknesses to only Water / Ice (as opposed to Mega Aerodactyl's weaknesses to Electric / Steel / Ice / Rock / Water), but also due its valuable ability, Intimidate. However, if you really want that Wide Guard support, then you can use the more bulky Aegislash rather than Bisharp; although they have different niche, they still have a similar coverage. The EV spread that I provided Aegislash ~ 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe (Modest) ~ allows it outspeed Mega Diancie and offensive Thundurus under Tailwind. Otherwise, you should definitely use Life Orb over Focus Sash; Bisharp would appreciate the greater damage output, often KO'ing mons whereas its unboosted Sucker Punch wouldn't.

-->

Still, you need a Mega (that isn't outclassed by other mons). What I recommend is using Mega Kangaskhan instead of Clefable. There are several reasons to this. 1) Your team lack the capability to prevent Trick Room, specifically one that is supported by their own Fake Out or Redirection. Yet, if you have Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Out support either your Aegislash (through strong STAB) or Breloom (through Spore) can stop the Trick Room user from achieving its goal. This strategy also stops common gimmicks (as you mentioned) from setting up. 2) Most players would agree that Clefable is not a good redirector, often outclassed by Amoonguss, Jirachi, and even Clefairy (w/ its niche Friend Guard). However, you certainly do not want a slow redirector that will only act as a drawback to your hyper offensive position during Tailwind. Mega Kangaskhan at least provides a Fake Out support to ensure your team a Tailwind as well as takes an advantage of it by rampaging across the opposing team.

-->

The last suggestion that I want to give is one concerning your Rotom-H. Although I don't see anything particularly wrong with using Rotom-H, I would at least use a bulky one since it survives 1 or 2 hits from common threats such as Mega Kangaskhan and Landorus-T. Nevertheless, I recommend that you have some kind of consistency in your team; you shouldn't only rely on Suicune for that Speed Control. What you can do is use Talonflame. Even though it's quite fragile, it give you another dependable source for (priority) Tailwind. It also covers the remaining coverage that your team needs as well as a better way to counter against the infamous duo, Azuramill + Jirachi. Well, here is my contribution to "some thoughts". I've left an importable for you to enjoy, and I hope you have a nice time during the remainder of Gen 6!

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Fake Out

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP / 124 Atk / 36 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 40 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Hydro Pump
- Snarl
- Ice Beam

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Protect
- Tailwind

Last edited:
Other than the suicune spread these were all considerations I've made after about forty matches with the team. My only concern being that the team as it is after these changes looks pretty thundy weak. Well, it's still thundy weak is probably more accurate. I appreciate the feedback!

Last edited:
Landorus-T, or specifically the AV set that I gave you, is immune to Thunder Wave and Taunt; in other words it is a great switch-in for Thundurus. Stone Edge should also do a reasonable amount of damage, too, while surviving 1 HP Ice (or very rarely 2 HP Ice) from it. Mega Kangaskhan is also a solution to it. It has a low chance to OHKO bulky Thundurus with Return, but that shouldn't matter since it got Fake Out. Yet, if Mega Kangaskhan still receives Thunder Wave, it always got Sucker Punch, which is incredibly powerful with one Power-Up Punch boost.

Oh, cool! Thanks again, man. The team is doing wonders I might add. Having a little bit easier of a time in the 1500's

Matame

New Rules
Test bot's rate is fine, but if you alternatively want to keep your composition relatively the same (Aero Bish twind is a fine build) you need a better kang check, especially since you lack wisp on Rotom. I'd suggest Sash Gengar over clef to give you a Kang check, another trick room check and an alternate form of speed control.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

Feel free to use either edit. Either way have fun with your team!

Lol I meant before. I had breloom to chip at it, Clef to redirect sucker punch away from a faster mon, and that was it. I was still quite proud of the build but it'll be interesting to see if gengar (ghost of clef) can do some work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)