ORAS Doubles OU Rate My Doubles OU Team

Thought I would give Mega Kang+Volcarona+Azu core a try.
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Kang has inner focus to take fake out from other jolly fangs and fake out its partner. Otherwise, this is a pretty general set with adamant nature to maximize its power.

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Protect

Knock Off over play rough to ohko ferrothorn/ aegi after belly drum. 28 speed evs make sure it's faster than other non-speed invested azus.

Volcarona (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Giga Drain over bug buzz to ohko rotom-w after a quiver dance, which otherwise can give this team troubles with will-o-wisps.

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Icy Wind
- Iron Head

Aegislash (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpA / 20 SpD
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 140 HP / 140 Atk / 12 Def / 108 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
This set is my favorite as with this set lando can take a few hits and stay for longer.

I have tested this team once against someone in 1700s and won. Any feedback will be appreciated.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi! If you don't add some more lines of descriptions to avoid your thread being locked. According to the RMT forum rules you need at least 3 lines of description.

I noticed your team has a pretty significant weakness to Fire-types, as your best switch-in is Azumarill (which can get burned by Heat Wave or Steam Eruption), while your second check to Fire-types is Landorus-Therian, which actually loses to many Fire-types without a Choice Scarf.

I would suggest using a more solid check to Fire-types, such as possibly using Terrakion which can use Stone Edge to threaten opposing Fire-types, as you outspeed Mega Charizard Y and can threaten Talonflame with your attacks as well as Quick Guard to support your partners, Volcarona in particular.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Protect

However, you still have a poor matchup against Volcanion which is probably the most threatening Fire-type for you. A good Pokemon to beat Volcanion is Offensive Thundurus. It also has a decent matchup against Talonflame and it can OHKO Mega Charizard Y.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

I would also suggest using a different nature on Mega Kangaskhan, namely the Adamant nature, as a Jolly nature doesn't do much for Kangaskhan really.

I would also use a 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP on Volcarona so you can speed tie with other 252+ base 100s and being able to outspeed Adamant Kangaskhan and outspeeding Mega Gardevoir.

I hope this was useful to you! :toast:

hey bud, the team looks somewhat standard, which isnt bad

what i'd suggest is rotom-wash>azumarill . while i get you like to run double redirection , and it may seem odd, but the reason i chose rotom wash is to help with mostly talonflame, who takes out half your team with ease, and can finish off a low healthed kangaskan , and actually take on a 50% or so azumaril , aka after belly drum. another reason is that i dont see a landorus counter other then azumarill, despite that you can soft check it with your bulky landorus and intimidate i guess so rotom wash would give you a levitate, which is a good deal. the small downside to this change is that keldeo can take it out with a secret sword if you're in medium-low health, but otherwise i think it improves the team, agreeing with elise's comment on fire vulnerability, and bonus is it does help vs volcanion without requiring two pokemon switched.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

something ironic to note is that a volcarona sweeps this team if it gets two boosts, so be careful to keep predicting it, and having landorus there to stop it.

the team's speed bothers me somewhat, as you have very "in the middle" speeds, aka vulnerable to most kinds of speed control (trick room underspeeds, tailwind outspeeds, and a highest speed on the squad is a base 100 (please keep kangaskhan jolly, whats good hitting is if you'll get ko-ed first)

another thing for me is that now that double set up is gone, i dont find that jirachi is as useful, (tho if you choose to keep it , thunderwave instead of icy wind would be my choice) . a suggestion for a replacement to me would be hydreigon with tailwind or taunt. the reason behind this is
a) a dragon generally gives you tons of resists, and i think it would help versus the fire issue, volcanion, etc
b) it has tailwind instead of earthpower or so for the speed issue although i doubt you'll get many chances to set it up
c)it synergizes with aegislash so well, and is a known core

however : this makes you super duper keldeo weak, therefore latios>hdreigon if you see this not working. also can carry tailwind.

edit:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

well i hope i at least made some weaknesses clear, even if i mostly echoed Elise's post , and goodluck ! feel free to visist the doubles ou room on ps, and find me for practice/advice/help , even if i am not the best player.

Hey blaze45 cool looking team. I just have a couple changes/ideas. First suggestion is using Choice Scarf Rotom-Wash over Azumarill because as Silverwhiteblue said you have some issues with Talonflame but more importantly it gives you some speed outside of a boosted Volcarona and can lure things like Landorus-T, M-Diancie, and Keldeo which helps out Kangaskhan. The rest of my rate is just spread changes for Volcarona, Jirachi, Landorus, and Aegislash.

For Volc take 4 evs out of HP so you can switch into Stealth Rock twice if need be(yes some people use rocks in doubles) you can put that into speed to creep stuff like Scarf Kyurem and Scarf Genesect more. For Jirachi I would use a spread of 224 HP 192 Def and 84 Sdef with a Careful nature and that takes a Heat Wave from bulky Charizard-Y, a Talonflame Flare Blitz, and a Bisharp Sucker Punch. There are some alternative spreads and I'll leave those down below. You didn't specify what the 20 Sdef did on Aegislash so if you want you can take 20 evs out of HP to give yourself a Life Orb number and take less HP when you attack and just throw that into Sdef. I would also give Aegislash 0 speed ivs and a Quiet nature so it can have the best shot at under speeding other Aegislash taking the hit because of the bulk and knocking out the opposing Aegislash. Lastly for Lando I would give it 76 HP 144 Attack 44 Def 24 Sdef and 220 Speed with a Jolly nature. This lets it take 2 Brave birds from Talonflame, one +1 Sucker Punch from Bisharp, an Overheat from Charizard-Y, and lastly lets it out speed non + speed nature base 100's(kang, charizard, gardevoir etc.). I would suggest using Stone Edge on Lando because Rock Slide can't kill bulky Charizard and most Sun teams carry Wide Guard anyway. Jirachi can use Twave over Icy Wind especially if you don't put it on Rotom and opt for Trick or Will-O-Wisp.

Hydreigon is quite the issue however, might be big enough to warrant using Bug Buzz on Volcarona over Giga Drain but idk.... Hope I was of some help. Good luck with the team. :)

Follow Me Support (Safety Goggles)
252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD | Impish Nature
Survives a Life Orb Talonflame Flare Blitz with the rest dumped into Special Defense. There are a few benchmarks that you can hit if that much SpD is not necessary: 24 Atk guarantees the OHKO on +1 Mega Diancie, 16 Speed allows Jirachi to move before Bisharp, and 72 Speed lets Jirachi hit Heatran with a Thunder Wave before it has the chance to use Substitute.

248 HP / 172 Def / 68 SpD / 20 Spe | Impish Nature
The most physically defensive of Jirachi's viable spreads, this layout allows Jirachi to survive Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off. 68 Special Defense EVs are used to guarantee that it will also tank Life Orb Hydreigon's Dark Pulse, and the remaining 20 EVs are placed in Speed so that Jirachi outspeeds Bisharp, forcing the opponent to outplay the Sucker Punch vs Knock Off; Follow Me vs Iron Head mindgames.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp/Trick/Thunder Wave

Volcarona (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain/Bug Buzz
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 192 Def / 84 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Icy Wind/Thunder Wave
- Iron Head

Aegislash (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 144 Atk / 44 Def / 24 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)