Rate my first Doubles team please!

Introduction

Hello guys! My name's Nick and this is my first RMT here in the Smogon Battlespot forums! I haven't really been into competitive battling since Gen IV, but with the arrival of some very interesting mega evolutions, (namely Salamence) my spark for battling has once again been ignited. With that in mind, I wanted (or still want) to create a team with a focus around some of my favorite Pokemon. Ever since I was a child I've been really fond of Dragonite and Salamence, but I'm having trouble really coming up with a cohesive unit to build around these dragons. I'm hoping you guys could give me a hand with constructing an effective and fun team to use on wifi Battlespot!

The Team

Salamence (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Protect

Supposed to be focus of the team. However, I don't really find myself using him this much mainly because either people come prepared for a threat like this, or I feel myself "losing tempo" per se by taking a turn to Dragon Dance. I really want to be able to use this guy effectively if I can, but either this set seems too slow to me or I'm not using it correctly. Please help me out in using him!

Sylveon (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

A pretty solid Pokemon overall. She's really fun to use and hits hard against a lot of Pokemon. Life Orb allows me to switch moves but still pack quite a punch. Sandstorm teams and residual damage whittle her down quite quickly, but overall I'm pretty happy with how she performs in battles.

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-o-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

I find myself regularly sending him out as one of my leads. With the load of huge physical threats that run around these days (looking at you Mega Kangaskhan) I really enjoy keeping Sableye around. He's pretty durable and can take a lot of hits-- especially after he lands a Will-O-Wisp. Knock Off + Taunt cripple my opponents' defensive Pokemon, especially opposing Sableye. All in all a very solid Pokemon and I plan on keeping him if I can.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Aerial Ace

Solid revenge killer. When it hits, it hits hard. I gave it a full 252 in Speed just so I could outspeed opposing Talonflame. Really dependable Pokemon, but I feel like its role is shared by Landorus a little bit.

Amoonguss (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 148 Def / 124 SpD
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Meant to support with Sableye, but I find myself rarely sending him out because most teams have a load of Fire type Pokemon. Sometimes I try to send him out just so he can Rage Powder to give Salamence a free Dragon Dance, but I haven't really had any explosive results with that so I normally just keep him around as a secondary wall with Sableye.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

Mandatory STAB Earthquake user. Just like Talonflame he hits fast and he hits hard. Rock Slide is good for the opponents' Flying types or if it's partnered up with a non-levitator. Explosion will usually take a gigantic chunk of opponents' sweepers, and it's pretty fun to use when it has Sableye as its partner.

Conclusion
Well, there's my first RMT in Doubles guys. It probably looks pretty vanilla and could use a tooooon of work, so please help me out if you can! If (Mega)Salamence doesn't really work out, I'm also down to try some sort of Dragonite set because I really love both of those guys and I'd really love to incorporate one of them into my core team! Thanks a lot in advance for the help guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)