SS Ubers Rate My First Ubers Team

Hello! I'm new here, but I made an Ubers Team that I felt was pretty good. I peaked at 1234 with this team.

How the team works: The ideal setup is opening with either Kyogre and Jirachi, or Kyogre Skarmory. For Jirachi, it's used to stealth rock, and use iron head to flinch opponents with its Serene Grace. For Skarmory, it's for setting up spikes. With Kyogre, it is choice banded, so that it is the fastest pokemon on the battlefield, and so that water spout will always go first. For Dragapult, I have him for Draco Meteor, and Hex. Just in case something goes wrong, I also have Will-O Wisp and U-Turn to do a rotation. For Zeraora, I tried to make him especially physical, so in case I need to get extra attack, I can Max Knuckle, and put 1 stage of Atk for the other pokemon. This would best be used for Zygarde (in complete form). The last pokemon on the team is Zygarde. He can be used for a couple of things. One is Substitute and Dragon dance, so that when he reaches complete form, he can deal massive damage using thousands of arrows, or if he needs to, use toxic to badly poison the other pokemon. lthough I feel like this team is good, I also feel that it can also be improve massively, so if you have any tips, it would be greatly appreciated!

1598508cf2256cec3738f3ff8d1df9f4.png

Last edited:

JT Yao

Banned deucer.
Hello! I'm new here, but I made an Ubers Team that I felt was pretty good. I peaked at 1234 with this team.

How the team works: The ideal setup is opening with either Kyogre and Jirachi, or Kyogre Skarmory. For Jirachi, it's used to stealth rock, and use iron head to flinch opponents with its Serene Grace. For Skarmory, it's for setting up spikes. With Kyogre, it is choice banded, so that it is the fastest pokemon on the battlefield, and so that water spout will always go first. For Dragapult, I have him for Draco Meteor, and Hex. Just in case something goes wrong, I also have Will-O Wisp and U-Turn to do a rotation. For Zeraora, I tried to make him especially physical, so in case I need to get extra attack, I can Max Knuckle, and put 1 stage of Atk for the other pokemon. This would best be used for Zygarde (in complete form). The last pokemon on the team is Zygarde. He can be used for a couple of things. One is Substitute and Dragon dance, so that when he reaches complete form, he can deal massive damage using thousands of arrows, or if he needs to, use toxic to badly poison the other pokemon. lthough I feel like this team is good, I also feel that it can also be improve massively, so if you have any tips, it would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 330706
Hello and welcome to Ubers!

I'm curious about the following statement, "For Zeraora, I tried to make him especially physical, so in case I need to get extra attack, I can Max Knuckle, and put 1 stage of Atk for the other pokemon."

Dynamax has been banned in Ubers since November of 2020, have you played recently, or is this an old team? At any rate, I will let my fellow colleague Fc rate your team and make it at least semi-viable.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, looking at this team it does have some pretty large issues, as half the members are currently unviable in the metagame. Jirachi has essentially no reason to be used over the other 2 psychic / steel types in ubers, Zeraora is just bad in a tier filled with Zygarde Eternatus and Groudon, and Dragapult offers very little over both Calyrex-S and Lunala offensively and defensively. Half of the team is viable though and the Jirachi is somewhat on the right track by typing, so I do think improvements can be made there will just need to be a lot of changes.

Major Changes:
:jirachi: --> :necrozma-dusk-mane:
Like I mentioned, especially in a metagame dominated by Zacian there's no reason to drop ndm and go with Jirachi. Dusk mane helps with problem mu's like Zacian as well as improving the Zekrom mu enough to be fairly noticable. Helps against Xerneas too, still sets rocks, etc. I think there's no real drawback to running it here, and it fits really well on essentially every team currently.
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock

:zeraora: --> :yveltal:
No team can be successful without a check to Calyrex-S, similarly to Zacian as they both dominate the metagame with a few other threats. Luckily Yveltal is extremely good at checking it, so this addition should cover that mu and assist in a few others. It gives the team Defog support which is always nice if hazards are hurting you more than the opponent with Skarmory not getting enough Spikes up. It gives U-turn pivoting as well to get in Zygarde and Kyogre so I think it's a great pick. Its speed is to outrun Max Speed Kyogre and Groudon without boosts so it can Foul Play Groudon, giving some extra insurance against that.
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

:Dragapult: --> :eternatus: OR :palkia:
Similarly to Jirachi, Dragapult doesn't offer much over the actual dragons of Ubers. Your team also struggles quite a bit against opposing Kyogre, with the only mon that even remotely takes Water-type attacks is your own Kyogre. Eternatus gives you a great check to that, with Dragon Tail to force out CM variants. Normally I really dislike Dragon Tail but you don't have any way to actually kill Kyogre unboosted, so Mystical Fire would slow it down but not beat it. Toxic Spikes just adds to the hazard pressure you can exert, so overall this mon is a great fit for the last slot. The Speed outruns Adamant Marshadow which is a pretty big threat to the team, and Heavy-Duty Boots just makes the webs mu easier overall.
Eternatus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpD / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes

For Palkia, it gives the team a more offensive presence similar to what you'd probably want out of Dragapult, and it also helps to combat opposing Kyogre while it benefits from rain on your own side making it a super scary breaker. Choice Specs Kyogre Thunder will be a ton harder to switch into though so it is a trade off, but something to try imo. I'd recommend Eternatus overall but Palkia is always a fun option to throw on to keep an offensive Dragon-type.
Palkia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Updated RMT Palkia Version (pokepast.es)

Here are the 2 versions of the paste, I hope they do well for you and you can boost your ladder peak up a lot higher! Like I said a large portion of the team just doesn't really work so I tried making it a lot more standard to cover most of the top metagame threats and gave the options with the dragons, so it should hopefully do better overall. Also like the post above mentions, Dynamax has been banned for a few months so Zeraora can't exactly boost with Max Knuckle, so very niche picks like that and Dragapult just have nothing to go off anymore.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to Ubers!

I'm curious about the following statement, "For Zeraora, I tried to make him especially physical, so in case I need to get extra attack, I can Max Knuckle, and put 1 stage of Atk for the other pokemon."

Dynamax has been banned in Ubers since November of 2020, have you played recently, or is this an old team? At any rate, I will let my fellow colleague Fc rate your team and make it at least semi-viable.
Hi! sorry, it didn't occur to me until now that I forgot to mention that this team was built for the format [Gen 8] Doubles Ubers. Regardless, thank you and your colleague for reviewing this team!

JT Yao

Banned deucer.
Hi! sorry, it didn't occur to me until now that I forgot to mention that this team was built for the format [Gen 8] Doubles Ubers. Regardless, thank you and your colleague for reviewing this team!
Of course! Fc is glad to have helped you out! Best of luck!

Reactions: Fc

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
That's my bad, I just saw the flair and some singles like sets so just rated it as such. Someone with more dubers knowledge can probably chime in on better changes but currently based on the viability rankings things like Dragapult, Skarmory, and Zeraora are still unranked and likely mostly unviable. With that in mind take these with a grain of salt and more as suggestions than concrete better opinions especially with regards to sets, but I'd like to suggest Calyrex-S over Dragapult with a set similar to one of the sample teams. You don't have any Trick Room counterplay currently so I think this one might do decently well but it's Calyrex so the other offensive sets will as well, but again just throwing out possible options since dubers definitely isn't my strong suit.
Calyrex-Shadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Imprison
- Trick Room
- Astral Barrage
- Protect
If you did want to keep Zeraora I'd go with Fake Out > Volt Switch since Fake Out support is so good in doubles, but again better options exist for specifically Fake Out such as Rillaboom and Incineroar but I'll leave that for now as just an observation.

Personally I think Yveltal > Skarmory is also a worthwhile change giving you much more counterplay to opposing Calyrex-S which is quite threatening with nothing to really take hits especially late game. Again linking a sample set but there's probably much more to explore with it.
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hurricane
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
I hope this little insight helped, I haven't played much dubers so apologies I couldn't help more but now you have a singles team also with these suggestions lol.

That's my bad, I just saw the flair and some singles like sets so just rated it as such. Someone with more dubers knowledge can probably chime in on better changes but currently based on the viability rankings things like Dragapult, Skarmory, and Zeraora are still unranked and likely mostly unviable. With that in mind take these with a grain of salt and more as suggestions than concrete better opinions especially with regards to sets, but I'd like to suggest Calyrex-S over Dragapult with a set similar to one of the sample teams. You don't have any Trick Room counterplay currently so I think this one might do decently well but it's Calyrex so the other offensive sets will as well, but again just throwing out possible options since dubers definitely isn't my strong suit.
Calyrex-Shadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Imprison
- Trick Room
- Astral Barrage
- Protect
If you did want to keep Zeraora I'd go with Fake Out > Volt Switch since Fake Out support is so good in doubles, but again better options exist for specifically Fake Out such as Rillaboom and Incineroar but I'll leave that for now as just an observation.

Personally I think Yveltal > Skarmory is also a worthwhile change giving you much more counterplay to opposing Calyrex-S which is quite threatening with nothing to really take hits especially late game. Again linking a sample set but there's probably much more to explore with it.
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hurricane
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
I hope this little insight helped, I haven't played much dubers so apologies I couldn't help more but now you have a singles team also with these suggestions lol.
Don't Worry, the Palkia team you gave me honestly works like a charm! my team feels a lot more better and fun to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)