Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Stockpile
- Return
- Earthquake

Jyph may remember this Snorlax This Snorlax is the thing the team is built upon it is usually is set up by Mespirits trick room into U-turn so it can setup on stealth rockers. It can live a lot of neutral stab special attacks even after a belly drum i have also considered Seed Bomb as an option to break and Rock/Water/Ground/Ghost better than Return can but Seed Bomb comes with the downside of not being able to Ohko non air balloon Metagross or Registeel.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Protect

A alternative Trick room setter and a toxic staller a great switch in to fighting types best answer to bulky rock types and Snorlax. Also can cheese out 1 to 3 kos off of toxic stall which is a great game closer. Steel/Poison type pokemon have to be knocked out before Cresselia comes in to do anything but set up trickroom.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Hp 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Power Gem
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder Wave

My Special sweeper that hits like a flippin truck lowkey broken in trick room usually used to clean up after Snorlax finishes his rain of terror thunder wave is if trick room runs out and to see if i can get 1 more ko. It is only challenged by Donphan/Registeel but twave can cripple Registeel and Donphan gets ko'ed by everyone else so there is no trouble removing Donphan.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Another alternative trick room setter with some offensive pizazz im debating whether to go Heal bell or Earth power im leaning towards Heal bell because it stops Cresselia from getting toxic stalled and Snorlax getting put on a timer on how long it can sweep. and probably the pokemon im most open to severely overhaul/ Replace entirely because it always dies before doing anything offensively and is basically used as fodder after a heal bell.

Escavalier @ Life Orb
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

He is another trick room abuser with Knock off and Drill run to counter steel types mostly registeel which is easy the biggest counter to this team. its also my best answer to evolite pokemon Tangla/Gerdur/Dusclopse/Porygon2 the former two get ohkoed after losing evolite. With out trick room it's easily revenge killed and Hp fire users start out speeding.

Mesprit @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

The primary trick room setter that can let Snorlax set up on Stealth rockers or get a free belly drum off an switch and can be a strong finisher if need be. It's a strictly utility pokemon or strong sweeper depending on the situation at hand u-turn cripples Psychic/Dark/Grass types and Zen headbutt can catch a frail sweeper off guard.

Last edited by a moderator:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

edit: unlocked

Last edited:
Cool looking team! Trick Room has quite a nice niche in RU given the right match up although can kind of be shut down easily by many bulky offense teams. Hopefully my changes can help you combat that a little bit better.

Major Changes

Mesprit Uxie @ Leftovers Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Yawn / Memento

This is the only Pokemon that I would just change completely to its counterpart Uxie. Uxie has better bulk and is more reliable at setting up Trick Room. I would run Colbur over Leftovers as it allows you to get up TR and Hazards versus almost everything in the tier and should generally be your lead of choice. Stealth Rock is 100% needed because it breaks Sturdy and Focus Sash on Pokemon you wish to beat under TR such as Donphan. Knock Off isn't bad but Yawn and Memento are really good other options to gain momentum on Trick Room.

Minor Changes

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Stockpile
- Return
- Earthquake Fire Punch / Crunch

With both Bronzong and Mismagius existing I don't think that this set is optimal, instead something like Fire Punch would work better as coverage in order to hit Bronzong and Mismagius as well as still hitting all Steel-types for SE damage. Crunch can also work but I'll get to why Fire Punch would be better later.

Cresselia @ Leftovers Colbur Berry / Tanga Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Toxic Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Protect Lunar Dance

Cresselia is a good TR setter but not paired with a Toxic stall moveset, Ice Beam is useful on TR Cresselia as it can pressure Taunt Noivern better while also doing some damage to the likes of Taunt Pokemon like Mandibuzz and Golbat. Lunar Dance is also 100% necessary on TR as it lets a weakened Pokemon come back to a healthy status after a TR. This allows the likes of Mega Ampharos, Snorlax, or Escavalier to take damage throughout the match up without having to worry about how weak they get. In terms of item used, Colbur or Tanga Berry work better than Leftovers as it can allow you to get Trick Room up vs Mega Blastoise / Golisopod easier.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Hp 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Power Gem Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder Wave Volt Switch / Magnet Rise / Discharge

Ampharos can hit very hard but Power Gem as coverage and Thunder Wave on a Trick Room team is not massively useful. Focus Blast as coverage allows you to hit Registeel for super effective damage, I would probably run Volt Switch as it allows you to pivot into a Trick Room user on the last turn of it. Magnet Rise could work to combat Pokemon such as Metagross and Donphan better and Discharge could be used as a last gasp para attempt in a bad situation.

Diancie @ Leftovers / Shucca Berry / Normal Gem
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell Explosion

I could see Shucca Berry working very well on Diancie in order to TR on Pokemon such as Donphan, Zygarde-10%, and Nidoqueen easier. Heal Bell isn't really necessary if Lunar Dance is on Cresselia so something like Explosion could work in order to get out an offensive Pokemon after Trick Room. If you were to run Explosion Normal Gem is also something usable to make it hit harder.

Escavalier @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Knock Off / Pursuit / Swords Dance

Impressive set, I'd probably change this a little as to support Snorlax more, you can run Pursuit to trap Pokemon that are particularly good versus Snorlax. You could also run SD to break bulkier teams better as well. I think if you were to keep a non SD set, Choice Band makes more sense as you have quite a bulky team to fall back on.

Hope this helped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)