Rate my Trick Room Team!

Hey all,

Been working on a trick room team for a while, and it's pretty solid now. Looking for any suggestions :) Here's the team.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Pain Split
- Trick Room
- Substitute
- Brick Break

Set's up Substitute, Trick Room, then Pain Splits to cripple. Leads so I can switch out into a sweeper, and send him out later on to buy some time and set up again. With 130 Base defenses + Eviolite, his max defenses are in the 600s, it'll take some time to even break his sub.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Pretty self explanatory. Send it out after Trick Room is up, Mega Evolve and destroy. OHKO often, otherwise a THKO. Pretty much guaranteed a OHKO with a Swords Dance or two up. Play Rough and Iron Head for powerful STABs (and nice side effects too), Swords Dance for whenever I have an oppurtuinity as this pkmn forces switches often, and Sucker Punch if you might die or trick room isn't up and you need to go first.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

This guy is just awesome. With horrendous speed, he's almost guaranteed to move first under trick room. Not to mention his near 450 HP at Level 100, and his massive Sp. Atk. Focus blast to deal with the Dark Types that harm him, and Gengar. (Aegislash and Dusclops can take a Dark hit quite easily). Psychic is an extremely powerful STAB, and thunderbolt for dealing with the somewhat popular Water and Flying pokemon. Life Orb doesn't damage him with Magic Guard ability, another huge plus.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 2 Spd
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Another pretty self explanatory guy. Focus blast deals with Dark Types, Shadow Ball STAB, Hidden Power Fire or the best Fire Special Attack you can get, to destroy popular steel, grass, and bug pokemon. Usually sent out mid-game. Nothing too special as I use my mega evolution on Mawile. (Sorry Gengar)

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge / Earthquake

Absolutely love this guy. Protect is used to stall a turn so burn orb is activated, thus granting him a 50% boost in all his attacks because of his ability, Guts. (Burn attack reduction doesn't apply to Guts pokemon by the way) Facade destroys anything that doesn't resist it, as it doubles in power if the user is inflicted with a special condition. Meaning Facade has a base power of 140, PLUS the 50% attack boost from Guts. Epic. Mach Punch as a STAB, priority move if you need to go first. Stone edge/Earthquake because... well... need I say more?

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

This guy is my last resort. I rarely use him, but when I do, he sweeps. It's just amazing. King's Shield is great, switching back in to shield forme after attacking to stay safe. A strategic King's Shield can save you or cripple the enemies Attack stat, forcing a switch and granting you a turn for Swords Dance, making this guy insanely overpowered. Sacred Sword as a powerful attack and to hit Dark pokemon, and Shadow Sneak is a powerful STAB that always goes first.

Team is working great and of course it's always being improved and tweaked. Looking for any suggestions and comments, thanks.

You might consider using Mega Ampharos. Mega Ampharos does VERY well in Trick Room teams, because of it's excellent coverage and moveset.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SAtk / 48 Spd
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

A tank set makes the most of Ampharos's excellent power and bulk. Volt Switch eases prediction, allowing your team to keep up the momentum and dictate play. Ampharos's low Speed can sometimes be an advantage for your team, as a slow Volt Switch eases prediction and gives frailer Pokemon a free switch-in. However, it would be wise not to let Ampharos take too many hits, as it lacks recovery and can be easily worn down by residual damage. The other three moves provide Ampharos with great coverage, enabling it to OHKO or 2HKO almost every Pokemon in the metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)