Relatively New Player, Pokebank OU team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty new here, and I've been using this team on Pokebank OU and have gotten around 1650 ladder rating with it. I'm pretty mediocre and need input on this team and some advice on how to use it would be appreciated.

Squishy (Goodra) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
Sylvie (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 156 HP / 100 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Moon Blast
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell
Token (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 125 HP / 4 Atk / 125 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
Sheila (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
Chompie (Charizard) (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Rush
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
Starlotta (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 32 Def / 248 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

-Goodra is used as a special wall with it's tanky SpD. Its coverage and strong SpA help it KO many threats that aren't super bulky. The defense EVs are so it can take a physical hit and have Gooey activate to force switches and negate Choice Scarf.

-Sylveon forms a good core with Goodra and is a cleric/wish passer. It also packs some punch with STAB Moonblast. It can't really take a physical hit but it is very efficient at walling special attackers while providing good team support. EVs are for firepower and bulk on the special side.

-Ferrothorn is general utility, also good for killing fairies and frail offensive pokemon. Leech Seed is for recovery/forcing switches, thunder wave for status, stealth rock because it is stealth rock and I had nowhere else to fit it. EVs are to survive attacks from both sides of the spectrum.

-Hydreigon is a wallbreaker with the ability to counter some notable threats. Has major issues with fairies but once they are removed and Hydreigon gets in safely, it can also sweep if it is locked into a good move. General Special Attacker spread.

-Charizard X is my mega, it dragon dances. Dragon Rush is probably not the best choice here, but it has served me well. Fire/Dragon for stab and good neutral coverage, Earthquake is for everything else. General physical attacker spread.

-Starmie is a spinner with some offensive presence. It can recover off damage and has good coverage with Ice Beam and Hydro Pump. This is the one I need the most help with because I really need a spinner, and had no idea how to really EV it.

Obviously I'm new, I created this team on my own with not much referencing just to test it out, but I'd like to become a more serious battler. Help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
You need to do a better job of decribing your team and why you've chosen it than you currently are - check the rules and some other RMTs to see what I mean. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll unlock this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)