ORAS Doubles OU RMT: Long time team

Hey there! I have been playing pokemon all of my life, however I have only recently gotten very competitively involved. I would like some tips for a team I feel is very strong but unique in its own way. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

=== [smogondoubles] Dubs ===

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Sandstorm

I feel like this pokemon is quite under rated. With stealth rock and sandstorm, it allows for a lot of passive damage. Solid rock makes it tankier than it already was and I still get good damage from iron head and earthquake. It's main role is just to tank and be annoying. It is however the weakest I feel in my set.

Gardevoir @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Telepathy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 108 SpA / 70 SpD / 18 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Protect
- Light Screen

My typical meta psychic. Nothing too crazy here. I feel like, when combined with either my Clefable or Rhyperior, it makes a great damage dealer with decent moves to back up the team.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 40 SpD / 36 Spe
Brave Nature
- Ice Fang
- Thunder Fang
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

My favorite pokemon. Has been and always will be. It was my first post gen 3 pokemon I used and stuck with. I feel like my moveset is quite unique but still incredibly strong. With the presence of flying fire pokemon being more popular, I feel like thunder fang makes short work of them combined with swords dance and Clefable.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Protect
- Follow Me
- Moonblast

A support like no other. I mean, this has given me so much success when paired with Mawile, Gardevoir, and Cloyster. I really could not ask for a better support. Using protect, light screen, and follow me all together, it has allowed my sweepers to make ick work of the enemy while receiving minor damage.

Latios @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse

A pretty unique set I feel. Latios is quite popular, but my set allows him to do great damage with great speed while staying healthy. Psycho shift allows me to make quick work of any stat changes which seem to hinder Latios the most. That combined with a strong electric attack makes it a very big threat.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Clamp

My most unique choice out of my team. Combined with Clefable, I can quite literally destroy dragon leads. Not only that, but it also allows me to have a very strong chance at a crit thanks to skill link. All of that combined makes Cloyster an insanely strong surprise against meta focused teams.

Ok real rate now, you have the worst steel/mawile weakness i've ever seen and your sets are all over the place.
I'll keep the ev's because i don't know what they do but that set is a little strange as well as the item

Rhyperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Drill Run/Stone Edge
- Mega Horn/Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Some options on it, but this is typically what you'll want. IVs at 0 speed because you're brave nature already.

I like the use of regular gardevoir as while it's usually overshadowed by its mega, it'll be a good mon to have sometimes.

Gardevoir @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 108 SpA / 70 SpD / 18 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast/Taunt
- Psychic
- Protect
- Helping Hand/Taunt

Again not sure what the EV's do, so it'll stay the same there. This is probably a better support set for it with some options on moves with taunt/helping hand/moonblast. You're weak af to poison so keep the psychic.

Ok another set with Evs I don't know about (It'd be cool if you'd explain but I'll try my best).

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 40 SpD / 36 Spe
Brave Nature
- Protect
- Sucker Punch/Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance/Substitute/Iron Head

Ok first off you're lacking protect which is a must for mega mawile, and thunder fang wasn't doing anything at all(if you really want electric damage use thunder punch lol) I'd recommend using sucker punch or iron head for that slot, seeing as they both are quite useful. Substitute is a really cool option on it too for longevity and avoiding the will-o-wisps that come its way. Make the IV's 0 speed as well because what is it outspeeding and also you'll see why with my next fix.

Third fairy... this is sort of a problem. Yet again no idea about EVs so i'll dive right in.

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 44 SpA / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Trick Room

Ok cress is here to give your team something to actually do other then sit around and die to fast mons. You also have an insane amoonguss/mega venusaur weakness that it fixes too. Trick room for obvious reasons, seeing how slow the team is, and ice beam to snipe landorus/skymin/dragons in general. Helping hand will give you the support clefable did while still being useful.

Ok the EV's here are fine, and this can be your fast mode for the team when TR isn't up, but this unique set isn't doing anything at all other then wasting space.

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost/Ice Beam/Tailwind

This is a good set for latios, life orb lets it capitalize on damage along with draco (two dracos do more then two dragon pulses even with the drop) psyshock gives you nice stab that can hit specially defensive mons and protect is there for obvious reasons. Last slot is up to your choosing, the choices i put there are just food for thought but probably recommended over something like energy ball or psycho shift(lol).

Ok so if you're not a great player in a tier, you probably shouldn't try to make things like cloyster work. I'd at least stick to viability rankings until you can confidentially play and build teams well to use something like cloyster. It's not a good mon in doubles at all and won't do anything unless you're on the low ladder.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 230 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Keldeo is a solid mon to work with, fast and powerful to help with the out of tr portion of your team. Also checks mega kangaskhan very well since it basically hits return/power up punch and wins against your team.

Note: If all those spreads are VGC spreads, this is smogon doubles so the levels are 100 and EV efficiency is different, so they aren't the same/won't work

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)