Strategy & Metagame RU Suspect Coverage: Stage 7

Basically like 49's, an article about Moltres and Pangoro's bans (id like to keep the same layout/format, which i consider effective). Tagging Molk as he approved my ru article in the past so that he sees this :]

Introduction

After Stage 6 Suspect Test ended with the ban of all the tested Pokemon, Dragalge, Serperior, and Pidgeotite, by supermajority a new phase for the RU metagame started. With the loss of two of the most terrifying threats to offensive teams since in the tier Tornadus' ban and of the arguably most fearsome wallbreaker to ever touch RU a new metagame quickly started to develop around new threats. This moment of peace, however, didn't last that much because on February the 12th two new threats are put on the table by the tier leaders Molk and Silentverse and the RU council: the strongly buffed Pangoro and the always-so-threatening Moltres. Both suspects were already requested and in the air for most Rarelyused players with Pangoro being considered by many too strong of a wallbreaker to be handled by Stall teams and Moltres being consistently brought up as suspect-worthy since Zoroark + Yanmega ban, back in the XY Metagame, for being too much of a threat to offensive teams.

The Suspects

Pangoro

Moltres

Ladder Trends

Result

Stage 7's results finally came out on March the 2nd with a ban on both of the suspect tested Pokemon, with Moltres being the first Pokemon in XY RU history to not be banned by supermajority and Pangoro getting the boot with over 80% of Ban votes. The result of this suspect test can be called controversial with many prominent RU players such as Nails being openly against the ban of both Pokemon with forum and IRC messages and Molk himself abstaining from the vote on Moltres but considering that the ban was received very well by just as famous RU players such as RU open Runner-up and Council Member Spirit and that many SPL games in the current season were also played without Moltres and Pangoro on a "gentlemen's agreement" the ban can be considered a good thing in the course of the Rarelyused Tier.

Conclusion

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
seems like a pretty good idea, and i fully trust galbia to do this, supporting :]

Okay. This will be officially approved after something happens to the Stage 6 article (i.e., done/shelved). It would just be weird to have both in the same issue.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It should be done by next issue so after that you can unfortunately :c Unless he doesn't do it next issue in which case it should probs be dropped maybe but it was pushed it because he wasn't getting it done on time. Sorry about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)