Role Playing [Sign ups]Pathfinder Campaign: Ire of the Storm (levels 1-6)

Approved by LightWolf

Pathfinder is a tabletop roleplaying game. When roleplaying, players take on the roles of their characters, and make the decisions that they believe their character would. When a player's character takes an action at which they may fail, the rules will be used to determine success or failure. We will be using the Pathfinder system, a variant of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 (some would say successor to), for our game. Pathfinder is a cooperative roleplaying game, with players generally working together towards some common goal.

Paizo produces quality pre-made adventures (this allows GameMasters, aka me), to have a fun adventure to run even if they don't have time to build one from complete scratch. The one we will be using is called Ire of the Storm. One of the newest colonies (established just four years ago) of Sargava known as Pridon's Hearth (a community of about 300ish people, primarily humans, some halflings, and a few half-elves). Count Narsus, the man presiding over the budding settlement, recently sent out messagers throughout the Inner Sea Region, promising land and legacies for those willing to work on behalf of Sargava. The player characters, for whatever their reason, will be new arrivals to this colony. Players can expect their characters to end up protecting the budding community and exploring the nearby jungle during this adventure.

Player Expectations
Knowing how to play Pathfinder is not required; I'm perfectly willing to help you learn.

I ask that you be respectful of other players.

If you frequent synIRC, hanging out in #flamel would be pretty helpful for you as a player, both for this campaign and for learning about future opportunities.

Additionally, I would like to schedule sessions for this on weekdays after 5pm gmt -5 (a session is expected to last 3 to 5 hours). I would also like for players to be able to commit to playing at least one session every other week. If this would not be easy for you, I would ask that you do not sign up.

I would like 4 to 6 players that I will not end up with scheduling difficulties for.

For Players
Your characters should be built at level 1, with 150gp of starting wealth, 20 point-buy, 2 character traits, and 2 background skills per level (tl;dr: you gain 2 of the skills from the Background Skills section of the table each level; per my houserules Heal is also a background skill). Core races are not required but encouraged. You can expect your character to reach 6th level by the conclusion of the adventure.

Here is a list of resources that players will find helpful:
Paizo Pathfinder Reference Document: The Paizo PRD contains rules text from the Pathfinder RPG line of products (the main line of products). The Core Rulebook contains the rules by which the game is played.

d20pfsrd: The pfsrd contains game rules, like the PRD does (it organizes its rules a bit more differently though). It also contains more character options than the PRD has. Its character creation outline is quite useful.

Archives of Nethys: The Archives contains many character options (more than d20pfsrd) in a well laid-out format. Unlike the previous two sources, it contains no rules texts.

Map of the Inner Sea Region

Pathfinder Wiki: The Pathfinder Wiki has lots of information about the campaign setting of Golarion (the campaign world Paizo's published adventures take place in)

#flamel on synIRC: This channel is a hangout for Smogon-affiliated people with interests in tabletop roleplay. Most of the people here are knowledgable about Pathfinder, and can help with rules questions and with character design.

There are houserules that I use. Houserules, in tabletop terms, are modifications to the rules system. Many of these are not relevant to most players. Of particular note is that character classes with 2 + INT skills are instead increased to 4 + INT skills.

Some character sheets you might find helpful:
A googledoc sheet with a lot of form fillable elements; gets the job done fairly well, though has lots of pages

Paizo's character sheet: These are pretty barebones, but servicable

Neceros's Pathfinder Character Sheet (and derivitives): This sheet is nice and encompassing. Comes in form-fillable and non-form-fillable versions.

There are too many other Pathfinder character sheets floating around on the internet, and everybody has their own preferences.

Sign-ups
shubaka17
Aura Guardian
acidphoenix
Temperantia
theangryscientist
Ooraloo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)