SV OU Singles team. Thoughts and opinions?

First time really trying to get into the comp game would like some others thoughts on a team I made

:sv/chi-yu:
Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Overheat
- Psychic

I started the team with chi yu simply for the fact I like its design and its special sweeper potential. It’s got dark pulse, flamethrower, and overheat as really good stab moves and psychic for type coverage against fighting types and what not.

:sv/arboliva:
Arboliva @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Seed Sower
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Energy Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

I added Arboliva next to help cover some of chi yu’s type weaknesses to ground, water, and Rock. It also acts as a good special def for the team. It’s got sitrus berry just for some more hp back along with leech seed can be good for stall in some situations. Energy ball was just a good stab special move to add on along with hyper voice.

:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

Gholdengo was just too good to not add to the team. I really like its typing and the potential it has when paired up with specs or scarf in this instance I went with specs. Its moveset consist of make it rain and shadow ball and really good stab moves, dazzling gleam and thunder bolt were added for more type coverage

:sv/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

I originally added toxapex just as a physical tank but also worked really well as a lead Mon to setup with toxic spikes, Haze to get rid of stat buffs, recover for more survivability and gunk shot as a good stab move which has a chance to inflict poison. Also works well to get rid of enemy toxic spikes by swapping out with gholdengo then back to toxapex.

:sv/garchomp:
Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Iron Head

Garchomp acts as one of the teams physical hitters. He’s one of my all time favorite mons so had to add him to the team and he just hits like a truck. Earthquake is there for a great stab move, swords dance to amp up that attack power, fire fang, and iron head for more move coverage and gave it the lum berry just to get rid of any status effect that may be put on it

:sv/hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Hawlucha was the last Mon I added to the team as a second physical sweeper. Grassy seed with unburden just works really well when played off of arboliva’s seed sower ability, swords dance to amp its attack up, acrobatics asgood stab move and gets better once it’s item is used up, close combat another good stab move and taunt to prevent the opponent from using any kind of status move.

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi UzumakiSmoke, welcome to Smogon and to competitivePokemon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

edit: unlocked, thanks for the description

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)