Solution for Disconnectors?

Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but this is perhaps the best solution for disconnectors.

I have played a game called Megaman Star Force 2... I don't usually disconnect, unless a very important IRL issue is up, and in this case, in the midst of a battle, my DS ran out of battery, and the next time I went online, I got a shock. An in-game character was saying things like "Did you just disconnect? Or did you just press the power off button by accident? For now, I will give you the benefit of doubt that you pressed the power off button by accident. But the next time, punishments will be severe." (Not that I did press the power off button >_> but whatever) and the "severe punishment" is that they will take away your battle cards.

Gamefreak should implement this on WiFi matches. If you disconnect 3 times, you shall get your Pokemon taken away from you. Disconnecting cases will drop to nearly zero... what do you guys think?

Gamefreak should implement this on WiFi matches. If you disconnect 3 times, you shall get your Pokemon taken away from you. Disconnecting cases will drop to nearly zero... what do you guys think?
This is basically stealing. I'm not sure how people would handle this but the popularity of pokemon would decrease a lot if this rule was implemented.

Also what would happen to your game anyways?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The only other case I can think of this happening is in the original Animal Crossing, where if you reset without saving Mr. Resetti would yell at you but do nothing else. However that was more to encourage kids to save their game so they didn't lose their save file. Actually punishing people who disconnect on wifi is really dumb for the same reason its dumb on Shoddy: it's a free win. Just take it. There is no advantage to disconnecting if you say that disconnecters lose regardless of circumstances.

This is basically stealing. I'm not sure how people would handle this but the popularity of pokemon would decrease a lot if this rule was implemented.

Also what would happen to your game anyways?
Nah, not stealing, it just vanishes. I got a shock when I saw that message on Megaman Star Force 2. Maybe it might decrease a little, but that is only if sore losers play it.

The only other case I can think of this happening is in the original Animal Crossing, where if you reset without saving Mr. Resetti would yell at you but do nothing else. However that was more to encourage kids to save their game so they didn't lose their save file. Actually punishing people who disconnect on wifi is really dumb for the same reason its dumb on Shoddy: it's a free win. Just take it. There is no advantage to disconnecting if you say that disconnecters lose regardless of circumstances.
I see your point. No double posting intended...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)