ORAS Ubers Solving problems (1660 / #101)

Hello Smogon,

Today I present you my Ubers team that started off with a strange Arceus-grass set and eventually became the team that it is right now. Before I explain the team in full I need to tell you that I'm pretty new to the Ubers meta. However, I really like it so far and I want to learn more about it as I go. I figured the best way to learn a new tier is to start building teams so that's what I did. This team works alright for me but I think I can tweak and change it around to make it even better.

The first Pokemon that I wanted to use was Xerneas. I really liked the sheer power of the Pokemon,though, the geomancy set is a bit predictable nowadays. This scarf set helps me to get rid off Darkrai, Yveltal, Mence, Ray and it weakens its switch-ins (primal Groudon,Arceus forms, steel types) with Modest Moon Blast. Sleep talk is used to surprise dark void Darkrai

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
-
-

The second Pokemon that works great with scarf Xerneas is P-Don. It takes care of steel types with PB and Fire punch it can also take a hit from Geomancy Xern. SD can be used to break trough walls and RP to punish offensive builds. This set gives me a solid attacker next to the other problem solvers that I'm running.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 172 Atk / 136 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

I now needed another answer for Geomancy Xern and I used a Bronzong to remove it from the playing field. It OHKOs boosted Xern with its Gyro Ball and Toxics it switch-ins. It can scout for the fire move with protect and it can reliably set up SR against a lot of the common defoggers in the tier. It needs SPdef investment to life an attack from Xern and strike back with Gyro ball. It also helps against Lugia because most stall-sets cannot touch it.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

My fourth Pokemon is defensive Yveltal which helps against the Arceus and SD P-don match-up. When they set-up they're killed by the combination of foul play and sucker punch. Taunt stops annoying stealth rock setters + status spammers effectively. Roost keeps it healthy throughout the match because you really need it against Arceus. Charti Berry help it to survive a rock-type attack and kill the other pokemon with Foul play. 32 speed to taunt 100 speed P-don with t-wave and SR. The rest is invested in HP and Defense to take various hits.

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 246 HP / 228 Def / 34 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play

My main stall answer - Arceus Rock- Refresh-Recover shrugs off statuses and after a few boost it can reliably break trough stall. Both Arii Stella and Earth suggested this set to solve my problems with birdspam + stall.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

I noticed that I was losing to a combination of defensive(ferro) + offensive(m-luce,m-scizor genesect) steel types a lot so I decided to swap Giratina-O for a more offensive latias with soul dew. Despite the fact that my P-don can deal with steel types it loses to some other bulky mons. Latios gives me a solid extra answer to those pesky mons with HP fire. Draco hits P-don really hard and psyshock is there to hit fairy types on the switch in.

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Shaymin

Gengar

Genesect

Mega-Lucario

RP P don

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 246 HP / 228 Def / 34 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
-
-

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-416140458

I dropped a couple of points thanks to some dumb plays by myself but I've implemented the Arii Stella 's suggestions.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-416659955

vs stall : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-416682324

Arceus @ Earth Plate
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Judgment
- Ice Beam

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Thanks for taking the time to read my RMT and I hope you can give me some solid feedback. Below you will find an importable of my team + some replays.

Last edited:
Hello there.
This seems like a fine team, but you're still weak to a very common threat in the Ubers metagame: Ho-Oh.
I'd recommand using Arceus-Rock > Arceus-Ground (note that the Arceus-Ground set was suboptimal), and use Ice Beam > Calm Mind on your defensive Primal Kyogre since it's more convenient on that set.
Hope I helped and good luck.
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Hello there.
This seems like a fine team, but you're still weak to a very common threat in the Ubers metagame: Ho-Oh.
I'd recommand using Arceus-Rock > Arceus-Ground (note that the Arceus-Ground set was suboptimal), and use Ice Beam > Calm Mind on your defensive Primal Kyogre since it's more convenient on that set.
Hope I helped and good luck.
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment
Hi Earth,

Thanks for your rate. I will definitely try out Arceus-rock instead of Ground.
If I lose CM my stall match-up becomes a lot worse, right?

Hi Earth,

Thanks for your rate. I will definitely try out Arceus-rock instead of Ground.
If I lose CM my stall match-up becomes a lot worse, right?
I don't think that it's a lot worse. Some of them might have Unaware Clefable or something to stop CM sweepers, plus honestly, Scald+CM isn't worth it as you can't hit many things, such as Primal Groudon under Intense Sun, or Mega Salamence.
If you go for a different set, CM+3 attacks is viable but I don't think that it'd fit the team as you need something to switch out into Primal Groudon and basically take hits.

Hi hi!
Congrats on your peak.
I can see some flaws on your team and I would like to suggest you a couple of things.
First of all, Ho-Oh, Salamence and birds in general are very threatening and unfortunately your team doesn't have a solid answer for this.

How to fix this bird spam issue?

Alright, as my friend Earth said Arceus-Rock is a good choice, this pokémon is a good response for the aforementioned threats with the exception I'd run Calm Mind over Defog and Refresh instead of Will-O-Wisp. Special Attacker Rockceus is a pretty good set it breaks stall, helps you vs other balances and the most important, it allows you to control the bird spam. =)

Okay.. Now you are probably wondering why you don't have a defogger.
Since your new Calm Minder is Rockceus and to be quite honest I don't get the roll of Kyogre-Primal on your team(assuming it's a stall breaker you don't need it anymore) , take out POgre and use Giratina-O as your new Defogger and PDon check!
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Lastly, I think that Bronzong is a nice and fairly solid answer for Xerneas but if you feel that you need another one you don't really have to use Groudon-Primal full Special Defense it kinda makes your team boring without offensiveness, this is why you should consider Bulk Swords Dance Rock Polish PDon; its EVs helps you to survive 1 Moonblast after Geomancy and thanks to SD PDon can act as late game sweeper!
Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch / Dragon Claw
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Hope I helped, good luck with your team!

Hi hi!
Congrats on your peak.
I can see some flaws on your team and I would like to suggest you a couple of things.
First of all, Ho-Oh, Salamence and birds in general are very threatening and unfortunately your team doesn't have a solid answer for this.

How to fix this bird spam issue?

Alright, as my friend Earth said Arceus-Rock is a good choice, this pokémon is a good response for the aforementioned threats with the exception I'd run Calm Mind over Defog and Refresh instead of Will-O-Wisp. Special Attacker Rockceus is a pretty good set it breaks stall, helps you vs other balances and the most important, it allows you to control the bird spam. =)

Okay.. Now you are probably wondering why you don't have a defogger.
Since your new Calm Minder is Rockceus and to be quite honest I don't get the roll of Kyogre-Primal on your team(assuming it's a stall breaker you don't need it anymore) , take out POgre and use Giratina-O as your new Defogger and PDon check!
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Lastly, I think that Bronzong is a nice and fairly solid answer for Xerneas but if you feel that you need another one you don't really have to use Groudon-Primal full Special Defense it kinda makes your team boring without offensiveness, this is why you should consider Bulk Swords Dance Rock Polish PDon; its EVs helps you to survive 1 Moonblast after Geomancy and thanks to SD PDon can act as late game sweeper!
Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch / Dragon Claw
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Hope I helped, good luck with your team!
Hi Arii Stella,

I've implemented your's and Earth's suggestions and I really liked them. The Arceus-Rock covers the bird spam issues and the Groudon set helps me to break trough teams with raw power or speed. I think Giratina is a solid defogger and helps my other Pokemon out tremendously.

Thanks for your help!

Bump

I've added and changed the following parts of the thread:
  • Arceus-Rock over Arceus-Ground + description.
  • Giratina-O over P-Kyogre + description.
  • Dual-dance P-Don over Spdef Roar P-don + description
  • More Replays on the 1600+ ladder
  • Proof of peak
  • Updated importable
  • Updated the threat list.
Please, give me some feedback on the team :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)