ORAS Ubers Special PDon! (PLEAsE)

Hello!
Thanks for clicking on this b/c I very much need it. As you can tell from my username, I'm bad. I started playing Showdown not too long ago, and I want to see how well you think my team works. I tested it and got to about 1450 on the ladder before I lost (so... very good for me).
So here it is!

Primal Groudon: Red Orb
EVs:
184 HP/ 64 Defense/ 252 SpAtk/ 8 Speed
Nature: Modest
-Flamethrower: For all those who resist ground/ nice stab.
-Earth Power : For other groudon*/nice stab
-Solar Beam (very subject to change) Sounds cool!
-Stealth Rock: Because rocks.

Xerneas: Power Herb
EVS:
232 Hp/ 252 SpAtk/ 24 Speed
Nature: Modest
-Geomancy- Obvious. Set up!
-Flash Cannon :For other Xerneas
-Focus Blast :for pesky steel types
-Moonblast : For everything else.

Yveltal: Leftovers
EVS:
232 HP/ 252 Atk/ 24 SpAtk
Nature: Lonely (pretty sad)
-Roost: Healing...
-Oblivion Wing : Fighting types/ healing while doing damage
-Sucker Punch : Priority
-Knock Off : Real good move.

Giratina (Alternate): Griseous Orb
EVS:
248 HP/ 8 SpAtk/ 252 SpDef
Nature: Gentle
-Will-O-Wisp: Cripple
-Hex: extra damage
-Shadow Force: extra-er damage?
-Defog: get rid of rocks if i haven't set my own up

Arceus (Water): Water plate
EVS:
224 Hp/ 120 Def/ 164 SpDef
Nature: Calm
-Icy Wind: Slow down potential threats.
-Judgement : Extra damage
-Toxic: Stall (Even though I hate it... :( )
-Recover: Recover...ing.

Deoxys (Attack): Life Orb
EVS:
64 Atk/192 SpAtk/252 Speed
Nature: Hasty
-Superpower : For dark types
-Extremespeed : Priority > Arceus' Priority.
-Psycho Boost : STAB, 140 Base Power.
-Dark Pulse: For ghost types

More In Depth

Primal Groudon: I know, it's odd! But it works, trust me. Lets start off with the stats. I made it just fast enough to outspeed most other Primal Groudons. This helps a lot, especially never having to risk speed ties. Also, if another Groudon outspeeds mine, I know that its made fast and probably much less bulky.
Secondly, I know what you are probably all thinking. Special Groudon doesn't make sense! But it does. I know. The special attack is lower than the attack. The main thing about this is the surprise factor, and especially the matchup against other Primal Groudons. Earth Power is an easy OHKO. Flamethrower for flying types/ levitate mons.

Xerneas: It's very obvious why this is in here. Xerneas is in almost every single Uber team (at least the ones that work (shade.)). Obviously, Geomancy for added speed and special attack, and a wide enough move pool to at least 2hit KO everything(that I've seen) except probably Aegislash and, the Primals. (Also, probably Chansey, Blissey, you know... Stall pokes)

Yveltal: Another very good, newer pokemon. It's pretty obvious why this is here too. (IM UNORIGINAL.) Sucker punch is great, especially with the STAB and added damage it gets thanks to Dark Aura. Knock off/Roost for predictable switch-ins. Oblivion wing is very interesting. I can say it has saved my team at least 10 times, especially on the very low ladder. Everyone just LOVES Mega-Blaziken. They Mega, protect, and maybe try to SD up, but it doesn't really do anything. Yveltal can switch in on the protect, and even if they attack. It can sucker punch, possibly live another hit and kill it, or just oblivion wing. Long explanation, easy process.

Giratina (Alternate): Great special or normal defense wall. I set mine up as a Special Wall with Will-O-Wisp so it can live both special and regular attacks. The ghost typing gives this pokemon a good advantage as it can switch in to normal or fighting moves.

Arceus (Water): Good defensive and special defensive wall. Toxic and Recover are obvious. Judgement because it has a surprisingly high amount of damage if the pokemon isn't invested in Special Defense. Icy Wind. Arceus-Water isn't that rare, but I haven't seen it on low ladder because obvious. But most of them run Ice Beam for the damage, but I'll tell you why I think Icy Wind is better.
Icy Wind has saved me more times than I can remember.
First: Against Xerneas. I can Toxic it on the Geomancy, and Icy Wind the next turn, maybe two if its a slow build. (No standard move can OHKO me, so it's fine.) Then I can switch in anything basically. My Xern, with a Geomancy, can easily outspeed and OHKO for sure with Flash Cannon.
Icy Wind also works great against set-up sweepers. Just slow them down and get them low enough to OHKO with anything else.

Deoxys (Attack): I don't know why more people don't use this. Some of the highest base attack, special attack, and speed stats in the game. It can outspeed and normally OHKO everything. Extremespeed can (again) outspeed anything including other, slower Extremespeed.
Also, thanks to life orb and the EVs, the attack and special attack are nearly equal. This is significant because normally, after either Superpower or Psycho Boost has been used, they predict a switch because of the lowered stats, allowing for an easy kill. Not many mons can wall this well, but if they life one hot, they're normally going to OHKO you thanks to the (WORSE THAN SOME LC MONS) horrible Defensive stats.

Thanks! (Also I don't really know how to code on this that well yet, and I did this in class bc boring.)

Hey man! Not a bad team you've got. I like special PDon quite a bit, actually. That being said, the only real reason to use it is to spam fireblast/eruption under sun... a move you don't currently have.

That being said, let's get started with this rate:

Primal Groudon should 100% be using eruption. It's the only thing that, imo, makes it any better than plain ole physical PDon.
Here's the set I recommend:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Mild Nature
- Eruption
- Rock Polish
- Dragon Pulse
- Precipice Blades

This spread lives a +2 Focus Blast from and 2hkos most variants of it with Precipice Blades. PBlades also 2hkos blissey, which would otherwise wall you. 56 speed EVs outspeed scarf 90s after a rock polish and max special attack is obvious for wallbreaking potential. Dragon Pulse normally 1hkos MegaMence after SR. Rock Polish replaces SR to give you a better match up versus offense, letting you clean a lot of balanced/offensive team.

Xerneas would better serve as a scarfer, considering the lower speed of most of your other members, as well as your lack of a darkrai check.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

This very basic set is a good revenge killer and checks darkrai pretty well, which is a major threat to your team.

Yveital could run U-Turn over knock; while knock certainly offers utility, it's not quite as good in ubers, with the constant presence of both primals+megas. Your team would really appreciate u-turn support to cleanly get in pdon.

Giratina-A should go fully physically offensive with Shadow Sneak and Dragon Tail>Hex and Will-oWisp. Sneak lets you mess up the offensive psychics and dragon tail lets you phase PDons who think they can SD all over you. Meanwhile, Shadow Force prevents Gira from being setup bait for Xern.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Tail
- Defog

This set usually 1hkos geoxern and outspeeds Max Speed non-Megad Diancie, letting you Shadow Force it.

Deoxys-Attack doesn't usually fit on more balanced teams like this, so I'd recommend replacing it with a specially defensive WishTect Jirachi. Rachi can pass wishes to Xern, Pdon, and Gira, helping ensure they stay healthy to continually check various threats. Plus, steels are good.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head

Iron head isn't gonna due thaaat much invested, but itll still beat up on xern. Plus, flinch hax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having arc-water and gira as your CB Ho-oh checks are always iffy but then again what really checks ho-oh lmao. regardless, these are just some easy changes to strengthen the backbone of the team while making it easier for PDon to blow shit up on the special side. Lemme know whch ones you like/hate/are gonna try!

Hi! Thank you for rating my team!
I recently (in class, yesterday, I'll probably post that as a RMT later) built a team with Rock Polish eruption groudon, and its working a lot better than what I have. I will try putting in the EVs you suggested and trying that out!

That team also has scarf Xerneas. I went ahead and put HP Ground for Groudon on it, as well as flash cannon for other Xerneas.

I've been thinking about putting U-Turn over Knock, especially since every other pokemon I seem to knock off on switch in is a mega or a primal.
I like the move changes for Giratina, but should I keep Arceus half defense and half special? There are many special attackers I don't really have a wall for.

Also, I'll test Jirachi over Deoxys A. I put deoxys on there mainly so I can KO ez setups, as well as outspeed and at least put a dent in everything.

Thanks!

Hi! Thank you for rating my team!
I recently (in class, yesterday, I'll probably post that as a RMT later) built a team with Rock Polish eruption groudon, and its working a lot better than what I have. I will try putting in the EVs you suggested and trying that out!

That team also has scarf Xerneas. I went ahead and put HP Ground for Groudon on it, as well as flash cannon for other Xerneas.

I've been thinking about putting U-Turn over Knock, especially since every other pokemon I seem to knock off on switch in is a mega or a primal.
I like the move changes for Giratina, but should I keep Arceus half defense and half special? There are many special attackers I don't really have a wall for.

Also, I'll test Jirachi over Deoxys A. I put deoxys on there mainly so I can KO ez setups, as well as outspeed and at least put a dent in everything.

Thanks!
spdef rachi will help a little, pdon does a number on pogres, gira can take a hit and phaze most cm arc forms but yah theyre a problem. also, only moonblast scarf xern is usually best bc 1. you still cant beat geoxern w flash cannon and 2. you wanna nail darkrai everytime. also, hp ground turns you into total setup bait for a lotta things and doesnt have enough power to reliable kill spdef support dons. ho-oh could maybe be put in place of xern to go a more bulky route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)