SS Ubers SS Ubers around Suicune (Peaked #1)

Do you think Suicune derserves to be ranked in Viability ranking?

• Yes

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello there,

Today i'm going to present you a team that was built by an algorithm that's still in test. I did toy a little bit with the team to adapt it to what I need.
I played exclusively with that team on the ladder because I actually loved it and I actually think that Suicune deserves a spot on the Viability Ranking.

Now onto the team:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald

The star of the team, and the one Pokémon I'll be fighting to get in VR. This set counters pretty much most Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and punishes a lot of the tier with Scald burns. It can also check Eternatus when they're defensive, as well as PP stalling Defogs from Ho-Oh quickier. Protect is actually an excellent move to check what Banded/Scarf mons will use, such as Calyrex-Shadow and Zacian. What Suicune has over Kyogre is the Pressure ability. In such a slow metagame, Pressure stalling moves such as Dynamax Cannon is always a benefit for the team. The spread is pretty classical, Max Defense and HP so it can deal with most physical attackers while boosting with Calm Mind and Resting in case of low HP.

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off

Yveltal is pretty much a staple in most teams nowadays. It helps dealing most notably with Calyrex-Shadow and Defogging so the rest of the team doesn't get hindered by rocks most notably. It also helps with the Lead matchup vs Shuckle. Taunt is there in case you have to face a slower Yveltal so you win the 1v1 by not letting them roost. It also helps with Necrozma-Dusk Mane to not get paralysed or getting rocks on your field. Most of the time it ends up being tricked by Calyrex-Shadow, so I usually just spam Roost on their face if they decide to throw all their Ghost stabs.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 240 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

What usually goes with Yveltal is Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. Ever since Zacian-C and Zacian-H were a thing, Dusk-Mane turned out to be one of the best physically defensive mon in the tier. Thanks to Suicune usually being the one to bring Zacian-H in the field, it can punish easier Zacian that decides to go with Wild Charge or Play Rough with Rocky helmet. Now I do believe that this mon needs to be Spe Def, which I will explain in the threat list.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 116 HP / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This mon is the reason why this team functions as it does. Knock off being really prevalant as well as Taunt Yveltal Life Orb being a pain for the team, I decided to go for a mix of HP investment and Spe atk. In case you get Knock off'ed because you don't value scarf as much, then you know you can Rest and Sleep talk vs most Yveltals. Anyway, usually people switch to Dusk Mane which gives you a turn to either Rest or Sleep talk if you're already asleep. Scarf can also be a life saver for mons that use Dragon Dance for exemple, or for 95 base speed Scarfers. They're not very common, but they have the merit to exist.

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spite
- Shadow Sneak

If this didn't exist, I would lose to most Kyogre sets. Actually, it's only because Shedinja exists that people use Toxic on Kyogre or Zygarde. However, I used a different approach with Shedinja: Instead of all those Swords Dance sets, I preffered using Spite. This move just helps you PP stall far quicker mon that just thought they could stay vs you and either wait for you to get PP wasted or reduce a lot their set up pps. The spread is nothing in particular, max Atk and Speed. Heavy-Duty boots means you won't take rocks, so it's actually a very good mon to use if you like to counter Xerneas or Kyogre. People start to adapt to it and use Rock Slide Xerneas or Toxic Kyogre. In my opinion a waste on these mons, but actually would destroy the team if they have the set.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail

Zygarde is actually one of the most annoying mon to face when it has this sort of set. It just stays in vs anything that uses physical moves and if the opposing mon decides to set up, then you can just phaze it with Dragon Tail. Its bulk is so big that at +1 defensive it can take a hit for Zacian-H banded, letting you decided to send in your appropriate counter. The spread is really simple, Max Hp and Max Def to be the Big Wall of Ubers.

Threat List:
with Power Herb and Meteor Beam. If you let this thing sets up, you lose. This might be a reason to switch your Dusk Mane to spe def.
+
Tyranitar means your Shedinja is constantly pressured and can't come vs Kyogre.
with Geomancy and Rock slide, you can't beat this. This might be another reason to switch your Dusk Mane to spe Def.

Proof of Peak
#1 SS Ubers.png

Some replays

Team
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 240 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 116 HP / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spite
- Shadow Sneak

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail

Thanks for reading, don't hesitate to comment!

Last edited:

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Here to rate.
  • Current Suicune EVs -> EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Spe allows you to speed-tie with Pokemon that invest to hit 220 Speed to outpace non-Scarf Calyrex-Shadow after a Thunder Wave such as Ho-Oh or Groudon. You could go 240 HP / 208 Def / 60 Spe to creep and rest more reliably on these. For ladder, you could probably get away with creeping over no investment base 90s. You can also consider Whirpool or Substitute > Protect for more forcing PP stalling, but this is a serious change that would need testing.
  • Spite on Shedinja > any of Poltergeist / Mimic / Swords Dance. Simply, Spite does nothing in my opinion. Unless you'll outplay a Sub + Toxic Zygarde for 40 straight turns, anything that Shed switches into will not stay in to use the same move Wonder Guard blocks. Poltergeist is a strong STAB move, Mimic lets you copy Aromatherapy or Defog off a defensive Xerneas, and Swords Dance maintains some late game, albeit weak, sweeping pressure.
  • SpA on Xerneas -> Defense on Xerneas. Will improve Marshadow + Zekrom matchup marginally.
  • Yveltal with EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe + Careful Nature -> EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpD / 252 Spe + Jolly Nature if you keep Taunt. There is less reason to run Taunt if it underspeeds all Yveltal's with at least 308 Speed that outspeed base 90s. It would still stop Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, etc. at your current benchmark but the risk of Knock Off is not worth chancing Yveltal's boots. Therefore, to improve your HO matchup I would make it max speed with that particular HP/SpD spread to minimize Astral Barrage damage. If you drop Taunt, the standard of
:yveltal: Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 76 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

would improve the SD Groudon matchup marginally (otherwise Zygarde could be sleep setup in the long term). Even Toxic, Snarl, Sucker Punch over Foul Play is debatable; I simply prefer Foul Play.

Lastly, as an additional option, running Zygarde with some speed (220 or 221 after transforming, or more for 280 or 308 before transforming) would help with defensive base 90s creeping, Adamant base 90 Groudon, or Jolly base 90s like Groudon or Zekrom, respectively. I put the 220 after transforming spread in the final paste: https://pokepast.es/ef0b35769071fb2c.

This is still getting smashed by offensive Eternatus, but that's the price we pay to use cool mons like Suicune. Otherwise, Blissey > Suicune gives good patchwork against all of Eternatus, Kyogre, and Xerneas, all of which you cited as threats, and would make it an even more serious squad. Good luck with the team in either case!

Last edited:
Yo I played with your team except tweaked it a little according to BasedWhat's reply and ran into this salty guy who was speaking another language. I was translating what he was saying and it was just a huge load of salt and he was extremely mad at the shedinja lmao, fun team thanks for posting (pls ignore bad gameplay it was 1300-1400 on the ladder, skip to end if u want to)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1333641218

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)