Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Ho-Oh has become my favorite Ubers Pokemon to use. It has great special bulk, powerful STABs and an ability that just grants so much longevity. Choice Band gives it an immediate offensive boost, and the fact it's locking moves isn't that bad because all 3 moves are fairly spammable with little drawback, and Ho-Oh will be switching quite a bit as well. Brave Bird is the most powerful STAB, and its recoil isn't really a problem with Regenerator. Sacred Fire's chance to burn discourages physical attackers from switching in, but is more risky if opposing Primals are still alive. Earthquake rounds out the coverage against Rock types, like Mega Diancie (on the turn it MEvolves or if it doesn't have Diamond Storm) and Arceus-Rock. Sleep Talk allows Ho-Oh to be one of the best Darkrai switch-ins there is.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Mega Diancie has good synergy with Ho-Oh, as it can bounce back Stealth Rock, Ho-Oh's bane, while Ho-Oh can handle Diancie's Grass, Steel and Ground weaknesses. By itself, Mega Diancie is also a powerful attacker (160/160 atk/spa), sitting at a great speed tier for Ubers (110), with solid 110/110 defenses and a great ability in Magic Bounce. Magic Bounce + Fairy typing means it cannot be phazed by either Dragon Tail or Roar/Whirlwind, or put on a timer by Toxic/Will-O-Wisp, so Calm Mind is a powerful choice that eats stall for breakfast. Moonblast is an obvious STAB; Earth Power handles the Poison, Fire and Steel that resist Fairy. Diamond Storm is for Ho-Oh, and specially defensive Pokemon like Blissey and Primal Kyogre. The defense boost can also come in handy from time to time.

The biggest problem with Diancie is the turn it Mega Evolves, it gets the worst of both worlds, getting its bulk reduced while still slow for that turn. Therefore considering whether to run Protect over Calm Mind.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 196 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar

A standard support Primal Groudon. 248/52 physical bulk allows PDon to most likely survive a +2 EQ from LO EKiller Arceus. The rest is dumped into special bulk to better handle GeoXern and Primal Kyogre. Stealth Rock is a super important move and Pdon is one of the best to use it; Precipice Blades and Stone Edge form the Quake-Edge combo coming off of a monstrous base 180 Atk; Roar is reserved for GeoXern, and is an okay move in general to rack up entry hazard damage and disrupt set up.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 HP / 100 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

The Defogger and the Primals check. I copied this spread off of somewhere in this forum. Basically 196 Spe and Timid allows Latias to outspeed everything up to Jolly Garchomp. 164 HP EVs to almost always escape 2HKO from Primal Kyogre's Ice Beam and live a 252+ Atk Dragon Claw from Primal Groudon. Defog is a critical support move for Ho-Oh; Recover gives longevity; Draco Meteor hits hard off of Soul Dew. Toxic is chosen here, because after a Sp. Atk drop from Draco Meteor, Latias is a pretty big set up bait. It's also a way to wear down both Primals (which lack reliable recovery) without having to resort to Draco Meteor.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Physically defensive Yveltal takes care of EKiller Arceus that threatens this team. Another threat that Yveltal checks is Mega Salamence, defeating +1 Salamence with a combination of Foul Play + Sucker Punch. Dragon Dance Rayquaza is also checked (survives a +1 Dragon Ascent and OHKO with Foul Play, while Sucker Punch alone can 2HKO). The spread is straight forward in max physical bulk and Impish to preserve Sucker Punch.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Finally the win condition, and I chose Ekiller Arceus. Rayquaza was also considered, but that would be too many Ice and Rock weaknesses in one team I feel. It's a pretty self explanatory set. Besides from sweeping, Arceus is also the last line of defence against things like SD Rayquaza, GeoXern, Mega Salamence, having one of the most powerful Espeeds out there.

Tough Enemies

Mega Gengar: Nothing in this team outspeeds it, meaning it can remove something through Destiny Bond at worst. This could potentially leave me wide open to some threats. Yveltal's Sucker Punch does defeat it, but Yveltal is so important in checking other threats that it is very risky (and Yveltal does not enjoy taking Sludge Wave on the switch the turn Gengar MEvolves).

Deoxys-A: Mega Diancie is a good anti lead against pretty much every HO lead, including Deoxys-S, Scolipede, Darkrai and Smeargle... except Deoxys-A, where it is OHKOed by Psycho Boost.

Choice Specs Kyurem-W: no Ice resists, that about sums it up. Ho-Oh is OHKOed if SR is up (even if it's not up it still takes up to 91.4% from Specs Draco Meteor). Ekiller Arceus can't switch in, and has only 6.3% chance to defeat it one on one if it just spams Ice Beam. Primal Groudon is cleanly 2HKOed by Ice Beam. Basically, if it finds an opening to switch in, all it has to do is spam Ice Beam, and everything on this team takes over half damage. Although it can be hard for it to find an opening for switch in, and it doesn't get used a lot either.

Edits

Based on people's suggestions, the following changes have been made:

Ho-Oh: spread changed to 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe

Mega Diancie: nature changed to Timid, Calm Mind is changed to Protect.

Primal Groudon: spread changed to 248 HP / 48 Def / 196 SpD / 16 Spe; Precipice Blades changed to Earthquake.

Latias: spread changed to 216 HP / 100 SpA / 196 Spe; Toxic changed to Psyshock.

Yveltal: spread changed to 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe.

Arceus: nature changed to Jolly.

Last edited:
So some quick suggestions:

Jolly on ekiller
Move that 8 atk on yvetal to speed
twavye > toxic on latias, for xerns setting up etc
relaxed nature on pdon, and lavaplume > se u have mega diancie for ho-oh

These are some pretty basic changes u should make imo, btw nice team.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Good God why is everyone using my team D: I've had it since the MRay era! This post shows the build's earliest stages when MRay was still legal; nowadays I use this exact same build except I use Regular Don > Primal Don, Offensive Yveltal > Defensive Yveltal, Protect > Calm Mind on Diancie, and Fire Blast Ekiller. Anyways, nice team!

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello Willthenoob, after reading your RMT and threatlist I have some suggestions for your team and also a couple of methods for you to play to stop the things in your threatlist from causing you as much trouble.

First off I would run 12 Speed EVs on Ho-Oh to outspeed max Speed base form Diancie so that you can snipe ones that don't have Protect and OHKO them with Earthquake. I would actually also recommend you trial a Jolly nature with 252 Speed EVs as it works nicely in ORAS. Steeljackal<3 can expand on this.

Next I would second Protect over Calm Mind on Diancie, and a change to a Timid nature, as with a Naive nature, Life Orb Yveltal can blow through Diancie more easily. Calm Mind is a nice concept but Protect tends to be too vital for Diancie to give up. Don't forget it lets you Choice lock Genesect too!

I would recommend you put the Defense EVs on Groudon into Special Defense instead as you have Yveltal to easily soak up anything Extremekiller uses. With Diancie for Ho-Oh, you could trial Lava Plume on Groudon as it works very nicely, but I understand why Stone Edge works as Diancie cannot switch into Earthquake. You can pivot around Ho-Oh with good prediction if you use Lava Plume as you have Earthquake immunities and defensive Yveltal, but Stone Edge still works nicely. If you keep Stone Edge i would recommend you take some EVs from Special Defense and put them into Speed as that way you can surprise Ho-Oh by outspeeding and OHKOing them. You should also try Earthquake over Precipice Blades as defensive teammembers tend to appreciate reliability a lot more than a bit of extra power.

Latias needs 212 HP EVs to escape a 2HKO from Primal Kyogre's Ice Beam. I see why you want to run Toxic but I would still recommend you use Psyshock as it allows Latias to deal solid consistent damage to Primal Kyogre.

Lastly I would change Arceus to a Jolly nature to outspeed unevolved Mega Gengar and speed tie Arceus-Rock so that it cannot reliably burn you.

Now to address some of the things you say are threatening:

Deoxys-Attack - you can lead with Ho-Oh against this and limit it to one move 47.5% of the time thanks to Sacred Fire's burn rate breaking the sash.

Kyurem-W - if you use Protect Diancie you can scout this and choice lock it, and also safely outspeed and OHKO it with Moonblast after Stealth Rock damage. You can hit it with Stone Edge from Groudon and Sucker Punch it with Yveltal. If you keep Stealth Rock up you will severely limit its switchin opportunities, as you have 2 members that outspeed and OHKO it.

Mega Gengar - it will almost always be able to 1-for-1 something but if you play smartly you should be alright. Taunting it with Yveltal as it Destiny Bonds, winning the speed tie with Diancie and Earth Powering it etc.

I hope this rate helps you, and good luck! Also, as an aside, shut up Thugly Duckling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)